Emirates Bank UAE / NEGLIGENCE

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Last July 2008, I received a sms from a certain Ali of Emirate bank Collection Dept, Dubai threatening me that they will file police charges against me due to my irregular payment of carloan. I am very surprised to see this message because as far as I am concern I have given them PDCs and I have enough money in my checking account to pay my dues. Just imagine the stress it gave me and Im on my 7th month pregnancy! Only to find out that they are not posting my cheques against my account hence the overdues! To cut the story short, I just paid in cash the overdues and just waited for the return of my cancelled cheques and call their attention to not commit the same negligence again because its very inconvenient for me.

5 months had passed.. I already gave birth and now planning to go back to my home country for good...Upon checking my account, I have now again 5 month overdues!!! meaning they did the same thing again and now they are telling me they cannot find my cheques!! They asked me to go back and forth again to their collection dept on to the branches only to tell me i have to pay again in cash for the 5 month overdue and it will take time for them to locate the cheque!!! Are they mad??? I have done my part of issuing the pDCs and making sure there's enough funds to pay my loan..All they will do is post the PDCs and get their payment - and they cannot do it??? Now the next question is where did my cheques have gone to...I will not pay my dues in cash unless they give me back all the supposed to be cancelled cheques...

If I am just somebody who would want to hide from his loans, maybe I should be treated badly..But I want to pay my loan and arranged for it to be paid...And this is how they will treat me...I have set this up because I want to avoid the inconvenience of going back and forth to bank..now that's what they're asking me to!!!

Worst bank ever in my entire life!
Je

Comments

Vi
  8th of Mar, 2009
You are not the only one madam. The bank is very popular over the internet with same problem you posted. Some banks makes thier clients banking experience more pleasant. But your bank and mine makes our banking experience worse you never want to go back.
Ab
  24th of Aug, 2009
this is the worst bank ever.

i have a carloan from them and i get the same SMS's while i'm making the payments as cash every months (as per an agreement with them) and they are still deposeting my cheques along with the cash payments, what made me keep unsuffecient funds in my account, and they are now calling me for the bounced cheques while i have not been late in a single payment.
Sh
  1st of May, 2012
Same thing Emirates NBD Done with me. I have paid my complete outstanding of my credit cards 2 years ago and request to closed the cards. And today after 2 years i found that i have to pay my outstandings again. Very very very very big cheating and fraud.