Emirates Bankstolen money

A

I deposited $59k in the Emirates Bank in Dubai. The money was stolen out of my account using a forged signature. The bank has 1. Refused to honour its obligation and refund me the money. 2. Refused to provide copies of the documents used to steal my money and 3. No senior member of the bank staff has ever bothered to contact me.
Dubai has no banking ombudsman. I wrote to the central bank and they have not even bothered to answer my letter. I have attempted to engage four different lawyers, none of whom want to represent me against a potential or actual client.
I advise anyone thinking of depositing money in Dubai not to - your money is not safe.

• Se
    ser mohamedkhan Aug 08, 2012

im nbd costemer 17 yaers now i have loan card now im chinge accounte anther bank i m laon card aal pay ment but not given clearece letter wary chitar bank nbd fast liiblite letter i pay 100 dh after clearnce letter 100dh after not giveng c letter my c card late make fine very happy nbd i request any body not go nbd my life brokan this bank

• Vi
    vinci azevouche Mar 08, 2009

I am currently having problem with same bank, been more than a month since i made complaint regarding my card and no one seems to act. Every time I call the representatives they either dont understand my point or they say the department has not responded yet. I wonder what kind of English Language they use, or what is the response time frame they are looking at. They seem not to take responsibility to what the call "SYSTEM GENERATED".
    Another case:
    I paid my card more than full amount last year and I had it closed, but until now I am still getting statement with escalating interest which I dont know where they're getting. Now I dont put money in that account anymore. WHen my salary comes, i get it in full.
    My friends CAse:
    She made a load thru this bank and it was deposited in her account, there's this lady in the bank cancelled her account without asking her. Then my friends did made a complaint regarding the case and the bank kept on telling her she made the request for the closure of her account. I dont know if the employees had been comatose for over a year or two, how could someone ask for the closure of an account with over 200T money in it without withdrawing the money. Luckily there was this Filipina executive who arrived and helped my friend. Now she gained access to her account and withdrawn all the money.

• Fr
    Fred Nov 06, 2008

The allegations looks true since I have also faced a similar incident in the other Asian bank, though mine was a different issue. They normally don't respond. I guess I have to withdraw my money from this bank soon!