Emirates Airlines / mistreatment

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

To whom this may concern:

My name is najia shoukat. I recently travelled from dubai international airport, u. A. E (26/7/2011) on flight number (Ek 606) to karachi international airport, pakistan.

Please consider this letter as a formal complaint, and I am claiming for compensation for the same.

I have also filed a passenger remorse over the phone and the complaint number for that is

Dpr khi ek 26235.

I checked in 2 suitcases at dubai international airport on my ticket (Etkt [protected])

Upon reaching karachi on (26/7/2011) , I was unable to find my luggage (one out of the two bags had not arrived).

After reporting the matter to the emirates authorities at the airport, the authorities informed me that my luggage was not uploaded onto the aircraft in dubai itself and told me that it will only reach karachi the next day! I had come to pakistan for my wedding ceremony and with my luggage not arriving on time, I was a bride without my clothes, make-up, shoes, and other highly important items.

After receiving my luggage the next day, I noticed that my bag had been damaged. The damages were done to the lock that I had put on the outside cover of the bag. Moreover, the inner tsa lock of my bag was deliberately cut, there by causing irreparable scratches/damage to my bag. All the zippers are broken, the locks are badly tampered with, my luggage inside was all upside down as someone had gone through my whole bag. The complain

Number we filed with the people who delivered my bag is dprkhiek26235.

The retail cost of my samsonite bag is 1, 000 aed. As I have been clearly mistreated by emirates, a world class airline that strives on offering the "emirates experience" to all it's passengers, my experience with emirates as you can tell has been one which I would never repeat.

Please accept my grievances as a bride who was not able to get ready for her ceremony and had to postpone the entire function to a later date, causing inconvenience to the hundreds of guests who were scheduled to attend the ceremony. As a passenger, being treated this way and having my luggage damaged to such extent has really upset me and I would like to make sure my complaint is attended to satisfactorily.

Regards,

Najia shoukat

Comments

• Fa
      Aug 03, 2011

Why in Sharjah, Nabaah Area, they are ruining the old homes, but they are not cleaning the place and the rubish of building materials for long time is there ? it is loking so ugly!!!

• Vi
      Aug 12, 2011

Hi there,
    I work for EK and will tell you that not all is lost. Understand that, despite it not being your fault, and that an EK agent made a mistake, they are under no obligation to honor the mistake, especially since they caught it and contacted you to know.

As far as refunding the ticket... well, it takes customer service while to get back to you, no doubt. But you'll get it eventually.

• Vi
      Aug 12, 2011

Sorry, posted to the wrong complaint.

If the damage and delay to your bag was caused by TSA, I'm afraid Emirates has no liability towards repairing/reimbursing you for it.