Complaints & Reviews

racial discrimination in-flight

I was travelling to the us with my 7month old baby for the first time alone. I needed the cabin crew's help while preparing my baby's milk and food since he couldn't sit on his own and was too cranky maybe cause he was on flight for the first time. To my surprise none would answer the call but my co-passengers were kind and more humane. Again when I asked one of the flight attendents who was serving juice to fill my babies feeding bottle with some juice he said it was "quite unprofessional" to do so and hence he wouldn't fill it up. Gosh! What are they for? What's their duty? At another instance when I asked him to serve me meals after about 15mins he said he couldn't and that he would serve sandwich that too only after 2-3hrs. Racial discrimination was visible enough for I saw him serve the passengers next to me exactly after 15mins. The same crew member refused to help me with my cabin bag when I couldn't hold onto it with my baby trying to jump off my arms. Someone has to do something about that guy.
Flight details :
Ek 201 dbx - jfk.
Doj : 22 april 2010.
Time : 8.30am local time.
Seat : 23d
Zone : g

Hope no mother travelling alone with an infant finds such inhumane unfit cabin crew. Such people do need to be punished for it's their duty to serve... At least humanitarian consideration must exist.

• Sl
    slj85 May 23, 2010

I agree with the above comment. You cannot expect an Airline stewdard/steardess to do all these things for you. I Am a Steward and primarily we are there for your safety not to fill up your babys bottle with juice. You are one of 400 or more passengers that the crew are looking after. Not everyones demands can be met within an instant all the time. Do you expect them to lift 400 passengers bags? We are not there as your slaves. MOst of us have university degrees's and are working this job to travel. We are not uneducated people who couldnt find a better job. You should prepare yourself if you are going to be traveling with a child as it is difficult. Dont blame the airlines for it.

• Ad
    adrian Lima Jun 09, 2010

I agree with everyones comments. The crew was right to refuse to lift your bag and as a mother you should be prepared for such a long flight.

denied boarding

I would like to highlight the issue I had with emirates airlines in dubai while flying to houston, usa and the way the emirates ground staff have treated me citing 'emirates policy' which I think is casting a poor shadow on the emirates world class customer service and customer appeal.

I think emirates defenitely have to do something about this policy so that they can retain their customer service reputation in this competetive world economy.

I was on a confirmed ticket flying from dubai to houston on 17-apr-2010 (Saturday). The flight was to take off at 9:15 am and I reached well before the time to check-in at terminal 3 in dubai. I had tried to check-in online but emirates had disabled online check-in due to the volcanic ash air issue in europe.

To my surprise - when I arrived at the check-in counter I was told that I am on 'stand-by'. I said that I have a confirmed ticket and why am I put on standby? The staff said it is normal that emirates generally overbooks flights by 10-15% assuming that many people will be a no-show. They said that I will need to wait till other passengers check-in and if there is availability I will be given a seat.

After a long wait - the staff then said that the flight is full and they would give me a complimentary one-way ticket from dubai-houston in exchange.

I have sent a postal mail to their chicago office in which I have said that I would like to know:

1. Why was I denied boarding when other passengers behind me were checked-in? I feel that this is a case of discrimination because passengers behind me (With american or european passport) were given quick check-in and I was denied boarding.

2. I was told that I will get a complimentary one-way ticket from dubai to houston. A couple of passengers who 'accepted' going on stand-by (I was not requested for stand-by - I was jsut told that I am on standby) - the others were getting two-way tickets dubai-houston-dubai and so I asked that why am I only getting a 1-way ticket? They said that it is emirates policy that based on the itinerary we hold we will be compensated. They said that since the other passengers have 2-way tickets they will be provided a two-way ticket and since I hold only a 1-way ticket I will be given only a 1-way ticket. Whereas the trauma that we are going through for being denied boarding is of the same level - we should be recompensed equally. This is another level of discrimination.

3. Finally - I requested that 'give me a travel voucher instead of this ticket because it is of no use because I live in chicago and my home town is bangalore... So dubai-houston is one-leg of my six-leg journey on emirates and buying such a ticket of 5-legs and putting this single dubai-houston leg into the ticket will not reduce my ticket cost. If I get a travel voucher - that will be able to offset my ticket cost for whatever route I choose. They said that they dont have that option.

I am from india and currently residing in usa.In india and in usa - we are not denied boarding unless we are late. If we have a confirmed ticket and the flight is full - we are requested to go on standby. Once when I was flying in india on kingfisher airlines - the airlines called me 6 hours before my flight if I can go on standby and they will give me appropriate compensation. I would call that 'first class customer service'.

What I am have requested from them is to

1. Research this issue and respond to this letter. I would like appropriate compensation because the one-way voucher is uselss to me (I have placed a copy of the voucher)

2. Relook into your policies and make them more user-appealing and customer friendly. You cannot deny boarding to a person without provide appropriate compensation and making them happy. At least I feel that there must be couple of options - say a two-way ticket or a travel voucher. That will make the customers happy.

I had initial plans to report this issue to consumer forums and leading newspapers in chicago but I would like to hear what you have to say about this issue first. I am extremely hurt at the way I have been treated and feel that I am a victim of discrimination.

If any of you have complained to consumer forums or courts in usa - kindly let me know. This cannot go on for ever by emirates.

unacceptable service

With reference to: perth - dubai, flight ek 421, 28 april 2010 (seats 6d & 6e, business class). boeing 777-300. one leg of uk - perth - uk trip.

This booking was made and confirmed as being on the latest boeing 777. however, the aircraft provided by emirates did not fulfil expectations as set out by emirates in the publicity provided at time of booking. seating was not up to minimum standards, was old and very uncomfortable.
As regular frequent flyers from the uk to western australia, this was the first time emirates had been chosen for the round trip with the expectation that we might become frequent flyers with emirates. however, the lack of communication regarding the downgrading of the aircraft on this leg of the journey with the consequential poor and unacceptable experience leads us to question whether we should continue with this airline.
Some compensation would be appropriate together with an explanation and a reassurance that high standards could once again be expected in the future.

Doctor william gaskins.

discrimination in service

Hi I found no way of providing a feedback to Emirates Airlines, in their own portals. This itself show...

Hi there

I have a claim going on since last Oct. please have a look at the attached files and forms for the reference. (claim No. IKAEK36983/26Nov09/0659GMT)

I have made few phone calls since but not a proper answer or decision made yet.

I was travelling from London to Tehran, my luggage was never received when I arrived in Tehran, completed the relevant forms and I had to come back to London after few days, I have never been contacted about this claim and I do not know what to do next.
It is appreciated if you could finalize this claim and sort my problem out with Emirates.

Many thanks
M. Saadat Panah

flight change

on arriving at Bangkok airport 21/04/10 i went to check on time ek375 9.55 departure to Dubai was told they had to change my flight was then given a date 16 days in advance can an airline do this with my seats both ek375 and connecting flight ek019 Dubai to Manchester arrived on time why was i unable to take these flights and given flights 16 days in advance i am know paying for hotels until my return date can i get any compensation i cant even find an email address to complain to emirates direct

lost baggage and missing items

Hi all,

One of the worst experiences that can happen to a passenger of such an reputed airlines like emirates. Last month I had traveled to india from us via dubai. Both my checked-in baggage did not arrive at my destination and it took 2 days for emirates to deliver the baggage. Added to the trauma, one of the baggage was missing a new laptop that I had. The baggage was delivered home in a neatly packed plastic bag with emirates tag on it. When opened, the laptop was missing and a complaint was filed with local emirates office. I had provided proof of purchase and other details. After a week, the irresponsible emirates staff replied that they are not able to help in this regard and sent an apology letter. Is it not the responsibility of the airline to deliver baggage on time and at least with all contents intact?

I don't know if there is any number to call and talk to an agent or write an email to senior officials regarding this.

Please don;t fly with emirates. I have heard about delayed baggage delivery, but this is unacceptable.

Thanks,
Vijay.

cabin crew's attitude

The attitudes of flight attendants sri lankan mostly, on board emirates ek 818 from ruh to dxb 27th march 2010 and ek 651 from cmb to dxb on the 13th of april 2010. The former wouldn't serve my 10yr old son a glass of juice or water saying it was a short flight, whereas I saw her serve many passengers around me with alcoholic beverages. Maybe they got priority based on skin colour??? They were westerners no doubt.

The later when requsted for a blanket and pillow asked me to check an empty seat and get it. Which I did because I needed them. Would she have done the same had I altered my skin colour and had a ""western face"" I wonder? And the former crew member was sri lankan, her name anu.

I flew emirates after a decade and sad to say the service lacks the quality it had back then. It was worthwhile to call it an award winning airline because it was back then. Now it leaves much to be desired.

That was to be my last flight with emirates, qatar air keeps it's name to the hilt as a 5 star air line, where the crew serve you with dedication, good pr, and care irrespective of cast, creed, and origin. Maybe emirates staff should take a leaf or two from qater air, because after reading the numerous types of complaints on emirates I feel they need to change, and change quickly, or it could be the beginning of the end of the mighty emirates.

Safra rahman.

maria angela May 02, 2010

I agree..same thing happened to me and to my friend!

Cabin Crew's Attitude is good based on skin colour and Emirates need to do something about that.
    Cabin Crew's Attitude is very negative specially with the long distance flights. doesnt worth to pay AED 27, 000 for business class to have a comfortable seat and flight if the attitude is so bad and plane is old! Emirates should use the new boing 777 for long distance flights (16 hourse) and not the old boing 777 LR!!

Maria

• Ke
    Kevin A Fernandes Jul 06, 2010

Agreed. My wife had to deal with the same ordeal. We're never flying Emirates again.

scam!

Job ref: e.a.g/ttp/uk448-10
Client/employer: e.a.g (emirate air line group) uk
Labour consultant: click jobs
Recruitment agency: howard recruitment service

Attn; applicant,

This is to inform you that emirate airline group uk is presently recruiting new qualified workers in to the under listed departments;

Howard recruitment is a recruitment agency that specializes
In career placement for professionals engaged in the said
Sector. interestingly, most of our clients are not
Actively looking for a new job, but are keen to consider
The right opportunity based on the current accreditation
In their individual careers.

We strives to recruit and retain the best and brightest in
A variety of exciting and challenging fields. each year,
Emirate airline group united kingdom discovers these
Talents from amongst the local and overseas graduates. in
Tandem with our continuous business growth, we carry out
Regular talent search exercises to meet our increasing
Human resource needs. at present, emirate airline group
United kingdom has a workforce of more & nbs p; than 30, 000
Operating in more than 30 countries the world over.

This number represents 28 nationalities with varying
Capabilities, knowledge and skills to undertake various
Upstream and downstream projects in a variety of
Geographic and business environments. emirate airline
Group united kingdom offers occupational mobility along both the technical or managerial tracks and ample opportunities for learning and growing. a career with emirate airline group united kingdom means unleashing your trust potential.

On this note, we have confirmed your cv/resume, at
(click jobs) and in the below mail you will find the
Benefits giving to you by our company.

Below are the benefits:

1. five bedroom flat duplex (single and family status)

2. free medical care & travel insurance

3. 10 days leave / break/ vacation after every 90 working
Days

4. flight fares (air tickets throw and flow)

5. free education scheme to expatriates children/family

6. free toyota camry 2008 model for your work.

7.100% security both in the working place/ housing unit

More information, kindly answer the below questions, so that we can re-confirm the details we found in your resume/cv at our recruitment, the details wanted are;

Full name: ...

Current location: ...

Nationality: ...

Current employer: ...

Current designation/post: ...

Previous designation/post: ...

Current monthly/annual salary ...

Expected monthly/annual salary ...

Mobile/telephone number: ...

Note: answer the above questions in your reply message and also attached a copy of your updated cv/resume, so that we can make the final examination and send you an offer of employment soft copy and further information, as to enable you to preview and accept or
Decline.

So kindly reply us with your cv / resume to the below email for our confirmation to enable us to proceed regarding to employ you in
Our organization. [protected]@rock.com

Note;upon the receipt of your cv/ resume, it shall be
Forwarded to our screening department of the company emirate airline group for proper screening and verification, you shall be contacted
If successful after the screening and the soft copy of your appointment letter will be sent to you immediately .

Also note that there will be no telephonic or online
Interview as the company will be following the principles
Of the british expatriate policy. in this regards,
Appointment will be given based on the qualification on
Your cv/resume as such is the final conclusion of the
Authority.

Reason based on the fact that there may be ill and
Non-excellent interview as the applicant is not being
Interview physically but make sure all the information’s in
Your cv is correct. if the applicant is successful, he or
She will also enroll on a two weeks job elaboration and
Specification workshop as regard the job responsibility/designation which will be given due to the difference in expatriate policies between the expatriate country and great britain. we will not write to you if your cv/ resume do not match
Our criteria.

We looking forward to hearing from you

Regards:

Mr. paul smith
Howard recruitment inc

• Ve
    Venkat babu P S Feb 18, 2010

I received an email offering me a job which I have never applied for. For details see below:

Remmy Recruitment to me
    show details 1:06 PM (5 hours ago)

REMMY RECRUITMENT AGENCY
    LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
    Tel/: +447024085328

ATTN: VENKATA BABU P S,

It is of utmost importance to inform you that after the screening and scrutiny of your Curriculum Vitae with other verification procedures carried out, EMIRATE AIRLINE GROUP (E.A.G) were able to resolve the status of your application.

On this note, we hereby congratulate you on the success of your
    application and as such we have attached to you the Offer Letter/Terms of Agreement that transcends any written document.

You are therefore required to follow these procedures IMMEDIATELY so as to complete your employment formalities:

(1)You are to contact the traveling agent for a valid Work-Permit/Employment Authorization Document IMMEDIATELY so as to
    enable your work in London legally.

Note that the procurement of your work-permit MUST not exceed the deadline as stipulated in the offer letter as it would take four (3) working days for the traveling agent to procure your work-permit before the United kingdom high commission.

Below are the contact details of the Best Way Travel Visa :

BEST WAY TRAVEL VISA UK (BWTV)
    BWTV Corporate Building,
    12 Milton Hills, Water Crescent BP 78965 London – UK
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel: PHONE: +447024079442
    Contact Person: Controller MR. GEORGE SMITH
    HEAD OF VISA/PERMITS OPERATIONS.

(2)Do get back to us with developments and updates regarding the procurement of your valid work-permit.

You are required to contact the Human Resourses Manager incase of any clarifications .

Below with his contact information.

EMIRATE AIRLINE GROUP (E.A.G)
    HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
    CONTACT PERSON: MR. ROBERT HARRY
    CONTACT EMAIL: [email protected]
    CONTACT PHONE: +447031961118

(3) Once we confirm your works and residence permit from the Best Way Travel Visa, which stipulates that you are ready to join the team, we will take care of your traveling documents together with your flight ticket and any money which you spend in the procurement of your Uk Valid papers will be reimbursed to you during your first month upfront salary.

We hereby once more congratulate you on the success of you application amongst many that have applied and thereby instruct you to expedite all requirements as aforementioned so as to be able to meet the team before the deadline.

Congratulations!!!

CURRENT MONTHLY/ANNUAL SALARY ...4 Lakh

EXPECTED MONTHLY/ANNUAL SALARY ...7lakh

MOBILE/TELEPHONE NUMBER: ...+917760625149

shamsunder Aug 20, 2010

I want to come for word in my life

shamsunder Aug 20, 2010

I like to play games & reading books, experiment on electronic gadgets

• Di

CLIENT/EMPLOYER: E.A.G (EMIRATE AIRLINE GROUP) UK
    LABOUR CONSULTANT: TIMESJOBS.COM
    RECRUITMENT AGENCY: BIZNIK Recruitment Service

Attn: EMPLOYEE

BIZNIK Recruitment is a recruitment agency that specializes in career placement for professionals engaged in the said sector. Interestingly, most of our clients are not actively looking for a new job, but are keen to consider the right opportunity based on the current
    accreditation in their individual careers.

However, your resume which was forwarded to us by timesjobs.com has been viewed and was found fit for the position you were ascribing for as shown in yourresume.

We are pleased to inform you that we need your kind of quality to keep our client`s company moving.

Guide, *Reservations Clerk. BENEFITS: *** A very attractive net salary paid in US$, Sterling or Eur's equivalent depending on employee home country and currency preference.

*** Quality single or family housing accommodation in company community.
    *** Free medical care in London for employee and family.
    *** Excellent educational assistance benefits with family status employment.
    *** Excellent educational assistance benefits with family status employment.
    *** Paid airfares allowing full flexibility with holiday travel..

Personal effects shipment and excess baggage.CONTRACT URATION:

**Level 1: 24 Months, (Two Years) and renewable only on satisfactory performance by employee.

**Level 2: Full time Interested candidates must have not less than 4 years experience in any of the above listed fields.

Kindly forward your resume/cv in Microsoft Word Format to us :
    [email protected] for proper screening and verifications.And as soon as we receive your cv/ resume we shall forward it to our international screening department for proper screening and verifications.

NOTE; Only the successful candidates shall be contacted after the final international screening..

Yours Faithfully

Mr James Brown
    BIZNIK Recruitment

arogant behaviour of emirates ground staff at banglore international airport

Dear sirs,

Its very surprising to know about the simple excuse on my registered complaint.

My complaint was not justified correctly, your customer affairs has just tried to close my file : dxb/x/mt/130110/6683074

Therefore may I kindly request the responsible person in charge to take up this file for clarification ??

If for any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My details can be seen on the above mentioned file.

Many thanks & kind regards

Sudharshan

Zurich

check in staff of emirates asks unnecessary information for us visits. some employees are arrogant & rude

I would like to highlight some of facts about how the airliner Emirates handles the customers. Whenever I travelled on this airlines I had problems. So I thought I'll tell the whole world about this dirty company's practices and have a bunch rascal mallu employees (Exceptions are there).

I was travelling from Bangalore to US. I was asked to provide the destination address. Fortunately I had booked a hotel the previous night to mention the address. Just imagine if a person didnt have the address. The representative first asked me to provide address without which he cannot check in. I gave the address. Then he asked me to provide zip code and phone number of the destination. I could not provide it as I did not remember. The ### at the counter said he cant allow to check in as I do not have the zip code and phone number. The US postal works if just the address, city & state is mentioned. The US immigration at the port of entry do not ask for zip code and phone number (In fact there is no place holder for zip code !), but this son of ### of emirates doesnt allow me to check in because there is no zip code and phone. The reason he mentions is his system doesnt allow without the zip code and phone. A dumb system for dumb heads and a dumb airways. Is this US regulations, not at all? Either the emirates system is built by phsycos or the airlines themselves have created this unrealistic reqiurements so that it causes inconvinience to the customers. This person at the check in counter was rude, adamant and arrogant. He did not know how to talk to customers. His language was bad. This reflects his education and upbringing. He was from Kerala and emirates employs such ediots because they work for small salary and may be there are people in emirates who refers only such people. Truly this arilines is of poor standards and is unfit to be a global carrier.

Fortunately there was another employee with common sense who helped me to find the information and was courteous.

I had similar experiences with emirates whenever I travelled. Once while I was travelling from US to India, the US bound flight was delayed by half hour. The connecting flight had left by the time I reached Dubai. The emirates employees at the customer service mentions that it was my mistake for the delay in boarding and that I should have come early ! How could the emirates employee talk this way when it is not the customers mistake? It was again the people from kerala who were talking in a rude and arrogant way. They would talk gently with a white person, but not with Indians? What a rediculous way of handling customers ! Finally after several arguments from several passengers they gave us a flight which was 8 hrs ahead of schedule. We had wait in the airport.

The emirates overbook the tickets and make the customers wait for a long time at the check in counter. Once I had a confirmed booking but still I was asked to wait in Dubai airport till the last minute. It was again a arrogant mallu at the counter. He would give the seats for whites, but not me.

I had several bad experiences with this rediculous airlines and WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS AIRLINES FOR TRAVEL. Do not travel in this airlines. There are several other airlines who are hungry for business and better cusomer service.

• Vi
    virj42 Mar 31, 2011

Ok, I'm familiar with your particular bias, but it seems like you have a problem and bias toward people from Kerala and not vise-versa. I have no idea what you mean by this.

The information that was being asked from you in India is absolutely mandatory for US immigration authorities. Don't confuse the information you provide on arriving to the US with the information carriers operating to the US are, by law, REQUIRED to provide electronically before a flight even leaves the ground. The Emirates system is designed by requirements, not desires. To assume an airline would design their system to specifically inconvenience passengers and prolong check-in is ludicrous at best. They collect the information required by government authorities. If they fail, they may be fined an amount that would make your ticket price seem like nothing... even if US authorities allow you entry into the US!

It is absolutely the responsibility of a passenger to have ready all the information required by immigration authorities. That includes zip and phone number. The airline will attempt to assist you, but aren't required to let you board should you not be able to produce the information.

If, indeed, the employee you so adamantly curse was rude and unbecoming, then you should address this type of situation to his immediate supervisor without all the banter. I wouldn't be surprised if the staff member was reacting to your belligerent attitude toward him and his origin, rather than just being a generally rude person.

appointment letter

article 1: consulting personnel:

Hence, emirates airline group, united kingdom, seek to employ your services as an expatriate. secretary manager. for the provision of expatriate services as stipulated in the following acts in this document. this contract document embodies the approved terms for the purpose of this contract.

Article 2: job commencement/location:

The work location will be within the work metropolis of emirates airline group, united kingdom.
You shall be expected to appear on site on the 5th day of may 2010.(twenty days after submission of your traveling documents) and to report immediately to the human resource (hr) department/contact center department manager upon arrival to conclude prospects of screening and other logistics.

Article 3: salary indication:
You will be eligible to receive gbp £12, 920.00 (twelve thousand nine hundred and twenty pounds) –basic (tax exclusive) monthly. work time shall be 40 hours work week for the twenty-four (24) month contract term as such employee shall also be entitled to over-time allowance if employee work time exceeds the official stipulated hours. salary and contract period shall also be liable to increments with time and employees' official promotions and position in service.

article 5: paid leave period/travel:
All employees are entitled to 2months paid leave which can be taken once at a time or 2weeks apart one different period. all employees will receive gbp 4, 805.00 take home for each leaves period. employer for each inter-continental trip shall pay gbp

1, 720.00 flat rate travel/entertainment allowance to employee. travel shall be by business class/first class.
However for the purpose of commencement, the cost of travel ticket shall be paid in addition to travel/entertainment allowance.

Cost shall be substantiated and shall be the rate charged at the period/time of purchase. employer shall also take care of employees' travel ticket including that of employees' family only on employees' early notification to employer and as shall be requested by employee.
Article 6: upfront salary payments:
The first two months upfront salaries shall be paid in advance before consultants embark on journey to assume duty. this is to enable consultants settle all domestic needs before travel. as such no excuses will be entertained on assumption of duty relating to default. employees (expatriates) are to note that 1 month upfront salaries are paid as soon as employees submit their uk valid papers works and residence permit here in london and submit it to the human resources department.
All payment of salary after assumption of duty in london shall be 75% paid into an offshore account to be provided by employee with the remaining 25% paid locally in london. this is in line with the london expatriate financial statutory laws.

article 7: feeding and accomodation:
All employees are expected to reside at the company’s staff estate. there are single bed-room and flat options for employees to choose from. employees are entitled to take meals free of charge at the general staff canteens. dietary options, customized cooks and dieticians are available options.
article 8: medical expences:

Employer will provide the employee with comprehensive health care for the term of contract, and follow-on care for injuries suffered during the term of contract for employee and family.

article 9: safety and security:
Safety and security of personnel (local/foreign) and facilities on job locations and communities are no small issues, and have been seriously considered to ensure and assure hitch free operations. all operations on job location are designed to adhere strictly to the health safety and environment (hse) policy. all expatriates are entitled to a free and mandatory safety courses on job locations to be delivered by qualified safety and environment experts.

article 10: telecommunication and internet facilities.
Laptop computer, intel pentium m processor, 1 gb ram, 48xcd-rw, 20gb hard drive, floppy drive, integrated network adapter, internal 86k modem, spare battery and necessary software’s. 24 hours internet access is also available. the company will also provide the employee with one land line phone at home and one mobile phone both will have a reasonable credit amount each month.
article 11: aquisation of workpermit/ visa.
You shall be required to furnish us with your valid residence, work permits and visa with the emirate travels agency; to nable you work legally with the emirates airline group on or before the 15th april 2010, as a proof of seriousness to join the emirates airline group, uk. note that employees are to personally incur the expenses of work permit as same will be reimbursed by the company.

Phone: +[protected]

Sir i had got this type of email by the name of flying emirates, sir please verify authentication of the mail.
emailid:
[protected]@rediff.com

bad inflight food in emirates, and no contingencies for vegetarian eaters

Attn :
1. Head of operations
2. Whoever is responsible
3. Whoever is even concerned for responsible action

Subject: ridiculous inflight catering on board ek380, dxb-hkg, eticket : [protected], pnr : hgdg2b, skywards : [protected]

Dear sir,

This is to bring to the excruciating experience me and my wife have experienced on one of the sectors dxb-hkg on flight ek380 on feb 25, 2010, pnr : hgdg2b

To bring to your slightest of senses, if you are not aware, pl. Be noted that the food which is served nowadays within emirates has lost its charm, flavor, presentation, and most important of all taste. This has been my experience on all the flights I have done with various sectors including dusseldorf, mumbai, hyderabad and as of 25 feb even hong kong.

To add to the frustration of a 6+ hours flight, me and my wife being a vegetarian, the food which was served was all non-veg. There was a combination of beef/steak burger along with a chicken sandwich which was later served. When we asked the waitress about any availability of vegetarian, we were simply given the response "there is not anything extra and that we should have made a meal request in our flight itinerary". Well that really did not make any sense, as there was nothing during the booking to highlight that the food served will be non-veg and that a special preference would need to be given during my booking.

Apart from this the tray was forcefully kept on the table, with a reason that there was no place to just keep the steak burger back in the food trolley. This is a very ridiculous design in your whole food delivery system then.

This clearly states how steep can a corporation of such magnitude can go to cut their costs and not keep even 1 extra vegetarian meal on board. I did not even receive the response that someone would check and get back. The answer was straight and simple. Not possible. Like a slap on my face.

It is a shame to know how things work in the airline industry world when emirates receives the "best airlines of the year, xxxx". How is that even possible. Probably the people who judge and give these awards have never travelled on emirates, and that emirates ignores such complaints, and that emirates never leaks out such complaints, and that emirates always turns a deaf ear to its customers.

Does anyone in emirates even know that it is so easy to judge whether the food has been frozen. It is so typical from the food which is served on board your flights.

The only thing left on my agenda on my next flight to hyderabad on 30 september is to actually take out photographic, and physical samples of the type of food served and have some tests done on its genuineness and safety.

If emirates feels a little responsible, I expect some swift response wrt my accusations.

Regards,
Paras tolani
+[protected]

• Wh
    White Lotus Apr 10, 2010

If they didn't have vegetarian meal how is that a slap on your face? That's not a personal issue it's a professional and hospitality issue that needs to be addressed. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. And the other airlines have complaints like this all the time. Find one airline that is perfect, it doesn't exist.

• Ai
    airlinelad2011 Jul 17, 2011

There was a spare veg meal, but I ate it... Grow up ffs Salad is veg, so are the cheese and biscuits and the fruit..

• Ji
    jimbobjim Jun 15, 2012

If you would like a vegeterian meal why dont you order one like any person with common sense would. There is many different types available on Emirates; lacto-ovo, vegan, oriental veg, asian veg, fruit platter, even child veg. if you so wish. Customers like you just dont use your head so you can find any excuse to complain!!

poor service and arrogant crew

I write a letter to brought up my nightmare experienced with emirates airline bound dubai to bahrain march 23, 16:30 flight # ek 839, it was a horrible experienced which I never thought it would happen. An incident which made me and my entire family and friends discourage not to fly with emirates anymore due to the arrogant crew named mowarat lumisal and mohammad abdulla it was the time when they served the meal and by nowhere they just past me and instead they gave the front passenger as well as at my back passenger, at first I didn't react and just waited for a couple of minutes thinking they might come back to serve my meal, until one crew offered me an after meal coffee named, vere perrils. I got surprised since how I can have an after meal drink since I didn't have my meal yet nor cups or tray... Nothing at all... I told ms. Vere about what happened and she called up the attention of these 2 crew, and they made an excuses and very arrogant way of saying it's not thier fault and answering to me back instead of accepting the fact that they just pass me and not even bothered to ask me for a drink or meal. Very unacceptable behaviour for a crew belong to a so-called five star airlines? The 2 crew, mowarat lumisal and mohammad abdulla was keep on defending thier selves and saying I was sleeping, meaning they notice me but yet not even bothered to check if im already awake (If that time iwas really sleeping, but I didn't sleep for a short distant flight is no reason to take a nap. It was unacceptable, in a long run of my complaint ended with no apology and no actions taken from the supervisor or head in-charge of the flight, I want to come-up in the public and announce of what experienced I had with emirates airlines and this mohammad he said if I complain I will go ahead and he don't care...

• He
    Hello1 Jan 01, 2011

I fully agree with their arrogance. They do not care or listen to any passengers, instead they harass you. The plane seating arrangement is 3-4-3 in the economy is too tight compared to other airlines who have 2-4-2 in the same Boeing planes. Their food for 16 hours journey is bread toast.

lost luggage tagged-fk887475

Dear customer affairs,
This is gandlapenta khaja peer saheb, resident of kuwait.
Recently I boarded emirates air india flight from kuwait to chennai (India). As I have exceeded luggage limit, I was forced to leave excess luggage in kuwait itself. When I called to officials about this they gave me a reference number "maaek 29957" and requested me to send an email to customer affairs. Sorry for inconvenience. Please return my luggage to the address in kuwait.
My address: elichelamala babajee,
Akama number:[protected]
Cell number:00965-[protected].
Please concern my request and return the luggage and send the status to this cell number:[protected]

Yours truly,

Luggage number:fk887475 khaja peer saheb.

lost luggage tagged-fk887475

very rude airhostess on emirates

On thursday 11th march I travelled from singapore to dubai on emirates flight no ek433. The air hostess, joyce, working in the cabin in which I was sitting behaved in the most unprofessional and discourteous way.

Joyce regarded passengers with disdain and complete contempt when they asked for things, slamming down drinks on the tray tables. , or ignoring them completely. When she collected my meal tray at the end of meal time she (Accidently I hope!) smacked me in the face with the tray - whilst she was apologetic for this, I could not help wondering what use joyce would have been if there had been an emergency on the plane, given she could not pay sufficient attention to such basic tasks. Later on she splashed hot coffee on my hand whilst pouring it.

Hardly consisitent with the 'award winning service' emirates like to boost about!!

• let me tell you Nov 11, 2010

I am a skywards member since 2001 and gold member since 2004. Service on board the EK should be improved and I used to infm the customers affairs regularly. You should have alerted the chief pursor and ask for suggestion and complaint form on board itself.Ek will not spare the cabin crews if you really make a formal complaint to customers affairs by visiting Emirates office in Dnata building.

disasterous int'l flight

I have never had such a nightmarish flight in all my travelling life. To begin with my emirates flt ek216 dated march 10, 2010 leaving la for dubai at 16:00 was unexplainably delayed at lax for two and a half hours. After boarding this 16 hour flight we were informed by the captain that the inflight entertainment system was busted for some odd reason and we were therefore deprived of the of usual divertionary methods of whiling away the never ending time on such a long flight. Can you possibly imagine such a long flight without a single solitary movie or a single track of music?
To top it all the whole monotonous flight we were offered beef or chicken curry for breakfast lunch and dinner. Would you not consider this cruel and unusual punishment on such a long flight? After all we were not even flying to mumbai for heavens sake! A simple roll or croissant with butter and jam would have really hit the spot at 7 a. M.
Consider my predicament since I have a return flight back to la with the same airline in two months. Am I in for the same excellent treatment and if so should I just shoot myself before I set foot on another of your flights?
I am expectantly awaiting your explanation and I am,

Yours forever angry

Hassan khadjenouri

price of fare

I would like to complain about all the special airfare to various parts of the world but not to accra. Ghana. West africa.

Last february 2009 I had to take my daughter back there. She is 4 years old and lost her visa due to being diagnosed with autism. The fare was only $1640 or near that.. It was a special I realise that.

But I cannot afford to go and visit her if the fare is as high as it is.

Is there someway I can source a cheap fare to there. I have all the proof of her disability and return. I am the director of a childcare centre and a reputable business women. It was heartbreaking to have to send her back and I have flown with emirates many times back and forth with my family, but I can no longer afford the high prioce of the fare and want so desperately to see my disabled daughter.

Thank you.. Lynn afotey-otu
Mob: [protected]
Work: (07) [protected]
Little legends child care centre.
Dakabin. Qld 4503

price of fare

fraud/fake

Attention:b malathikrishnapremi

It is of utmost importance to inform you that after the screening and scrutiny of your curriculum vitae with other verification procedures carried out by the emirate airline, we were able to

Resolve the status of your application.

This document attached embodies the approved terms for the purpose of this contract.

Job proceeding/requirement:

You shall be required to furnish us with your valid resident/work permit papers on or before the 14th march 2010 as a proof of readiness to join the emirate airline project team because it will only take our traveling agency 7 working days to process your traveling visa upon your full cooperation’s to provide the resident/work permit papers from british immigration services here in london so that you will join us here in due time as stipulated above for your job resumption with the emirate airline in london and also to enable you receive your first monthly salary including

Your due entitlements/emoluments prior to your departure for services with the emirate airline in london.

On this note, we hereby congratulate you on the success of your application and as such we have attached to you the offer letter/terms of agreement that transcends any written document. You are therefore required to follow these procedures immediately so as to complete your employment

Formalities:

(1) you are to contact the well-known traveling agency for the valid resident/work permit employment authorization document immediately so as to enable your work in london legally.

Note that the procurement of your british resident/work permit papers must not exceed the deadline as stipulated in the offer letter as it would take seven (7) working day for the traveling agency to procure your resident/work permit papers as soon as you contact them and provide all their requirements from the british immigration services.

You are advised to sign in the appropriate space provided for you and send the appointment documents as an attachment to us and to the traveling agency here in london through their email address below and contact phone number because we will like you to note that we have an agreement

With the traveling agency to assist all our employees especially to procure and process their valid papers so that it will be easier for our employees to travel down to london so that there will be no need of transferring of documents illegally by the company or the employee.

The documents that are needed for any employee to work in london should come from the agency, so scan and send the soft copies of appointment letters and the signed agreement letter to us and the agency via email attachment: n/b attention to all successfully screened employees

This is to bring to your kind attention that we are doing in accordance with the agreement that we had with the british high commission here in london and also the ministry of interior, that all successfully screened employees are to incur for the processing of there resident/work permit

Papers on there own while the company will process a free visa and flight ticket for them, from the ministry of travel and migration and employees are free to commence on there recruitment trip with there family and spouses,

Where as the employer have made a great and conducive arrangement for the accommodation, employee are to incur for the resident/work permit papers processing while the employer will reimburse you not later than five working days (5) of confirmation of the employee payment information this is

Line with the new london recruitment polices and base on recruitment and employment law sub section 4 of the current london recruitment policies, so sequel to that here are the related contact

Information for further enquiries,

Emirate traveling agency

Manchester – uk.
Email: [protected]@qlinktravelagency.com and uk. [protected]@yahoo.com
Contact person: mr tom wayne.
Head of visa/permits operations.

(2) do get back to us with developments and updates regarding the procurement of your valid resident/work permit papers.

You are required to contact the human resources manger incase of any clarifications.
[protected]@gmail.com

(3) once we confirm your permit papers from the agency, which stipulates that you are ready to join the team, we will take care of your traveling visa together with your flight ticket and any money which you spend in the procurement of your british valid permit papers will be reimbursed to you

Along with your first month upfront salary.

We hereby once more congratulate you on the success of you application among many that have applied and thereby instruct you to expedite all requirements as afore mentioned so as to be able to meet the team before the deadline.

Once again, congratulations as we look forward in seeing you achieve your career with

Emirate airline.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Once again we said congratulations!!!

Regards.

Philips johnson.

Hr manager.

Contact number: +[protected], +[protected].

Email: [protected]@emirateairline-groups.Co. Cc and [protected]@emirateairline-groups.Co. Cc

Emirate airline

London-uk.

• Mo
    Mohamed Abdi Abdillahi Apr 27, 2008

The ground officer of flight no EK420 to Perth on 27th April 2008 shouted at me and when I entred the wrong passage by mistake. I told him to behave him self and not shout. He took it very personal. I found my bag's key broken when I arrived.

I feld very humilated and did not expect Emerate Airline staff, one of the best airlines, to behave like that.

I am very disappointed. I would be glad if he asked me to open the bag for him.

change of schedule

The person in charge of customer affairs

Sub & ndash; ticketing details

Passenger name. a. s. weliwitigoda
Ticket no: [protected]
Flight departure time 20.15 - ek 0654 / ek 0705
Date 9th feb
Origin: colombo & ndash; dubai / dubai & ndash; seychelles

Rescheduled
12th feb ek 349 colombo & ndash; dubai and onwards to seychelles

Dear sir / madam,
I, a. s. weliwitigoda did book my ticket two & ndash; three weeks in advance from mahe, seychelles through masons travels. I was a very frequent flyer of qatar airways but as their service and connecting times were with longer hours of transit I believe I wanted a change and decided to fly emirates in spite of the high priced ticket to make a quicker connection.
With all the disappointment that I had, being a member of the privilege club and not having most of its privileges, was further more disappointed with emirates to know that flight schedules had changed and no one had the courtesy to inform my employers back in the seychelles or me, within the period of almost a whole month of my holiday. well I did go to the airport on the 9th of feb, to see that the flight schedules were changed and finally met the station manager mr. ravi weliwita who apologised very humbly and made arrangements for me try another connecting flight by which time all scheduled flights had already left. he also wanted to assist me with transportation back home which was quite a useless offer to make, as I had come in my own transport and live 10 minutes away ftrom the airport.
Well as I was delayed for two days and over, I had really a tough time securing my job and had to pump in an extra expense to call my employers, email, fax, reschedule all my domestic flights and go through all this hassle just because the airline could not keep up to its standards.
In spite of all that I did call him once again and humbly requested if he could give me an upgrading to first or business class as I believe I did see enough empty seats and the flight wasn’t that full as per the manifest. he very obligingly said he would see what he could do and asked me to speak to a person by the name of mr. bernard who would be on duty at night.
So once again I made my journey to the airport on the 12th of feb, with the belief that I could regain my job and went to mr. bernard who was so unwelcomingly rude and says the only upgrading could be to offer me the lounge in sri lanka which was utterly useless as I did come from home which is just 10 minutes away after having a thorough meal with my family.
I believe by what you read in this mail how much disappointed I am and believe it is up to you & ndash; the emirates airlines to compensate for all the mental and physical stress and frustration I had gone through after deciding to enjoy a long journey with a fantastic airline. your disturbing services could result in the loss of another valuable customer because I am yet to use my return on the 10th of july 2010 back to colombo which if you have the interest could make up to me when you check with the reservations and change the mode of thinking
Thanks to the emirates and its entire unruly staff who could be jeopardising the services of a first class airline.

A. s. weliwitigoda

Joenz Aug 17, 2010

Totally Agree,

Emirates Staff from everywhere I have went I noticed that they are very rude. I feel that the management is not bothered as they feel that they come from a rich oil country. But with the Dubai crisis the most they can do is keep a good service and gain good customers. The staff of Emirates are extremely rude, this is a fact.
    Like in Seychelles, Air Seychelles you will get very good service with smiles on the staff face, but with Emirates Seychelles is entirely different, so I feel it's the way they are being managed. Customer last, their own selves first. Avoid Emirates, this is my advise.

Mathiws Jul 29, 2014

Yes it is true,

I'm working for a major airline in the world for more than 5 years, I’m also a frequent flyer and was Once flying from Dubai to Colombo on Emirates airline, the flight seemed to be full, and prior to boarding a female ground service agent whose working for the airline made an announcement saying '' passengers with zone ''E'' boarding passes please proceed to the gate'' .
    Since my seat is in zone E I joined the long queue and waited, the same person who made the announcement was checking boarding passes and when it was my turn, she took it, spent few seconds looking at it, took a heavy breath and started staring at me in an unpleasant way as i have done something awkward and in a heavy tone she shout ''C''C''C''C this is ''E''E''E'' in front of hundred of passengers, I was so embarrassed. The fault was her pronunciation, she should have pronounced it clearly, or use phonetic alphabet (charley / echo) although there was no such reason to be so rude with passengers.