Emirates Airlines / lost luggage!
I traveled from Thailand to Dubai on July 26th, on a holiday of a lifetime! As in I mean, I spent well, as a one off to 'splash out', savings used tec. Myself and my partner arrived in Dubai early am, to chaos when it came to luggage retrieval. Our flight from Bangkok was showing anywhere on any info boards in baggage reclaim. Being on an expensive holiday with Twohigs and considering the excellent service we received at Amsterdam, Bankok and Ciang Mai airports, I remembered coming to Dubai airport, a long, long walk, and someone with my name, telling me, my tour guide would meet me at arrivals , giving me a mad map of the airport!!!
Anyway, carusel kept going, buggies being discarded to one side, wheelchairs, suitcases??? I thought MAD?? This is not right, asked a female in an emirate uniform twice, still have her name in my head, was their a delay or a problem with luggage coming through, she told me it could take up to 6 hrs!!! Anyway, my partner, far more patient then me, ws now getting a little fed up, we had checked oot from our hotel in Chiang Mai 24 hrs earlier and really needed a freshen up, met another guy from Australia whose suitcase hadn't turned up either.
Went to BAGGAGE RELAIM EMIRATE OFFICE AT ARRIVAL!!! What a queue, what a system!! No system at all!!! Eventually some very "FRIENDLY' female EMIRATE AIRLINE member of staff, asked my partner in front of my, to tell his lady friend to 'calm down!!! I was only asking how long more after 4 hrs waiting , I was in Dubai for 3 nights and I had paid well for the same, 1st night flying, didn't want 2nd at airport.
With agreeable, ny partner reluctantly put in claim for lost luggage with same emitare desk and we left to enjoy hol. Needless to say, the fab Jumeriah and no luggage, gud luck, the few days were ruins.
My mates suitcase was returned to the hotel later on the same day of our arrival, but despite re assurance from airline staff, hotel staff and emirate airline staff, I am now lost. My suitacse with all, souvenirs, memoirs, whatever from Thailand, my HOLIDAY of a lifetime is??? Money will never replace it! I had personal insurance for the trip, they are waiting for a letter of confirmation from Emitare Airlines for a wk now, by email!!! in order to process my claim.
I will never be compensated for what i had in my suitcase but MAd that I have had to call Emirate Airline Baggage Service [protected]!!! I know he number off by heart, I have rang this number 18 times in the last wk!! Still I have no letter for my insurance company! And my belongings and purchases, gifts, souvenirs are??? Lost!!
More Emirates Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Emirates Airlines - refund or change of date of airline ticket 
- Emirates Airline - baggage claim! 
- Emirates Airlines - hindu meal 
- Emirates - denied boarding
- Emirates Airlines - interview fraud 
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - duty free rip off
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - avoid - dubai airport & emirates airlines group & dnata
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - emirates & dnata & uae
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - loss due to late arrival of jet blue airline from detroit to boston on 25th sept 18
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - have a complaint about a recent flight, delays, no reply to complaints, no apologies, no compensation had to pay from my pocket to get home.