eHarmony / system failures!
Although I was able to cancel my membership online without additional month fees I agree with many of the other comments on this board namely they seem to wait until the last renewal minute to find "new" matches and they match non-paying/inactive accounts.
After speaking with one of my "new" matches I realized we had both been members for months (much of the time when I wasn't receiving matcheds). We were all of sudden matched when it was time for me to cancel. Also I don't like the idea that my picture and profile is sent to non-members with whom I can't communicate in the hopes they sign up. (In their about section they actually state this is a reason they match you with non members). If your going to use me or anyone else at marketing bait we should be paid.
But my biggest frustrations and the reason I am writing is eharmony's policy of giving "free" communication periods. Its free for everyone accept the paying members. Such give a ways causes their system to such down on a regular basis because of the overflow of people. So not only have I already paid for this "free" time but I am then also not able to use the system. These system unavailabilities happen every time there is such an offer (and other times for not apparent reason). If you know your going to have this offer at least give the paying customers notice so that they can prepare and log on before or GIVE US A PRORATED REFUND!
More eHarmony Complaints & Reviews
- eHarmony - fraud, deception, lack of service, service interruptions 
- eHarmony - customer service is horrible! 
- eHarmony - subscription cancellation 
- eHarmony - overpriced rip-offs! 
- eHarmony - expired member matching 
- eHarmony.com - profiles
- eHarmony - complaint regarding treatment by eharmony
- eHarmony - misrepresentation of effective compatibility categories
- eHarmony - everything about the site
- eHarmony - fraud and scam