EFT group in Retro Fitness center / cheated me with money

1 1200 welsh road, North wales,Pa-19446Lansdale, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2158559290

I went to gym to keep my body fit. As a new customer, I was offered a free personel traning session. I went to personel trainer, NICK(Liar and cheat) and showed my interest to get free session on january 12, 2010. He told me to get free session I have to sign some papers with bank information. Without hesitation, I signed the papers.Nick did not give me any papers and told me this is nothing but a procedure.After one week I came to know that EFT group took $99 from my account automatically. Again I talked to him to cancel my membership .He told me my membership is cancelled but still take $160 from my account. Multiple times I talked to Brian. who is very rude and crazy (customer rep) but failed to cancel my memmersip. To my opinion, they are working only to cheat people. May God bless upon them!!!

Comments

• Da
      8th of Jul, 2010

God will let the cheater go to hell.

• Pi
      12th of Sep, 2010

I had a similar problem with the EFT Group training company at the Retro Fitness on Welsh Rd in NE Philly...It took a month to get my initial $139 back (even though I cancelled within the first 3 days after I signed), and I just found out that last week they took $50 from my account that was supposed to be my monthly auto-draft if I had stayed with it! That company is a bunch of jerks, and they don't know what they're doing...my free fitness session was in a word, [censor]ed. I know I'm out of shape, but not enough to make me sore for 3 days!

• So
      30th of Sep, 2010

I completely agree! I signed went in at the beginning of this year to get my "FREE" health assessment. It ended up costing me $619 and they keep charging me $120 a month. I called to cancel it but they said I was locked into the contract for 1 year. None of this was explained to me and they refuse to cancel my membership and refund my money. They are a bunch of cheats that take your money and make no effort to correct their errors.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS! EVEN IF THEY SEEM LIKE THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO SCREW YOU OVER!

12th of Nov, 2010

CONSUMER BEWARE! Needed to freeze my contract due to a medical issue. Took EFT 3 months to acknowledge the request and they continued to charge my credit card $120 per month for sessions that I did not receive. Now I'm trying to cancel the contract because my doctor says that I should not continue with any training at this time (I have documentation from my doctor). Called EFT and spoke to Emilio. He was extremely rude and unwilling to offer any assistance whatsoever. In addition to the $360 they charged me for unused sessions, he now tells me I have to pay a cancellation fee of $147.00. BEWARE! If you fall for this scheme you will be sorry (as will your wallet).

• Lo
      15th of Aug, 2011

I signed up for a trainer several months ago. He gave me his number so I can make appointments with him. Sp I called and he never returned the calls to confirm although I requested it. I told the prior manager once and the trainer denied I ever left the message. So I tried to find him when I was at the gym. Sometimes he was there, sometimes he was not and if he was there he was not available for me to talk to him because he was busy with someone else. He never acknowledged that I left messages. So recently I told the new manager of my complaint. I made an appointment through the manmager and he left the trainer a note to confirm. He never did. So I wish to cancel for services that I pay for but never receive. only to find out that there is a cancellation fees of 15% of the cotnract prices of $250, whichever is less. This is a total scam and is unprofessional !!!

24th of Aug, 2012

I thought this was a rare occurrence - until I searched on EFT Group and found all these complaints!
    These guys are indeed cheats and unprofessional on ALL levels! After various attempts to cancel my Personal Training
    (of which I paid 1st month and last month and a fee) I still end up with monthly deductions of my account.
    The latest – Mr Emilio Verde, The EFT Group LLC. Customer Service Director 522 Hwy. 9 North Suite 168, Manalapan, NJ 07726
    Have left the company I its my responsibility to follow this saga!!!
    Left a message with someone called Amber (855.33847682 – number does not work – given 919.720.4580 which Amber answered)
    Still waiting call back from Natalie (no last name)
    This company is TERRIBLE!!! Retro Fitness should seriously reconsider their relationship with this GROUP!!!

• Ef
      11th of Aug, 2014

EFT IS A FRAUD COMPANY!!!

• Lu
      6th of May, 2016

Agree with all the comments above. Brian at Executive Offices is beyond RUDE. Sent in medical note for my husband. Was told that it takes a least 4 business days to process these notes because they have thousands of customers. Froze the account 1 week payment was due, but charged the full amount for the month. The medical letter was received in plenty of time I'm sure. Terrible customer service. Nice trainers at RetroFitness in Lincroft NJ, and I did have a very good experience talking with a rep, Mark, about freezing the account, but dealing with others in the company has been a very bad experience. And now the phone number seems to be changed and I'll just get the same rude people.