[Resolved] eDreams / lied and won't refund me
I read all the fine print before I bought a ticket to Santiago, Chile (a major purchase! It's a long way from NY), and now this company isn't honoring its own cancellation policy. Only after I tried to cancel did they inform me that the ticket was "non-refundable, " and told me I could cancel and get back about $40 of the $838 I paid. Here's what they said:
"Your eDreams booking reference number: [protected]
Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the cancellation of your reservation.
The flight ticket you have purchased is a non-refundable ticket as per the terms and conditions displayed or advised at the time of booking . . . . You are entitled to claim a refund of your airport taxes to the value of GBP 25.66 (USD 40 as per today's conversion rate)."
This just isn't true! Nowhere did it say the flight was non-refundable when I bought it! This feels like such a scam--they're just tricking people into handing over their money, especially by selling a "premium service" to make it easier to cancel flights that then turn out to be "non-refundable."
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
eDreams Customer Care's Response, May 14, 2015
We have just read your comment and we'd like to investigate your case.
I have already transferred your case to one of our agents, who will contact you shortly.
Stéphanie - Edreams customer care team
More eDreams Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] eDreams - fraudulent claims and withholding of money 
- [Resolved] eDreams - dishonesty, bad attitude 
- eDreams Limited - taking the amount of £72.54, just for trying to book a ticket, nothing was booked but i was charged on the a couple days later?? 
- [Resolved] eDreams - scam 
- eDreams - cancel reservation 
- eDreams - double payment charged from credit card
- eDreams - overcharged for ticket
- eDreams - worst customer service possible
- eDreams - fraud - edreams kept my money and still has my money but I got no ticket or service
- eDreams - booking changes