[Resolved] eDreams / denial of compensation from europ assistance

Netherlands Review updated:

Dear Sirs,

I regret to inform you that my claim for reimbursement following flight cancellation ([[protected]] Cancellation confirmation eDreams - 23 December 2016 - Europ Assistance O/Ref: E16T1933109) has been illegally rejected, delayed and ignored during the last 5 months. The reason for cancellation was the untimely issue of visa for the insured traveler, reason of delay are not justified by the Netherlands Consular Authorities. My claim has been subject of several emails, Europ Assistance taking more than 2 or even 4 weeks to answer, always with unjustified and illegal excuses in flagrant breach of the insurance policy and the law. I have reserved all my legal rights thereto since our first correspondences and I seriously regret to have no other resort today but courts, to receive proper compensation for the damages incurred by these illegal and bad faith maneuvers, damages caused equally by Europ Assistance and eDreams.

Thank you for your assistance.

All rights reserved
Rita BOUAOUN
Attorney at Law

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, May 09, 2017

Dear Rita,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Regarding to the refund request, we kindly inform you that we are now checking the case and will get back to you shortly.

Kind regards,
    Ann

Ri
May 5, 2017

Comments

• Ri
      9th of Apr, 2019

It is unfortunately not true that all attempts to contact the complainant have failed" because there were none.
    The complaint is not resolved yet (after the above post, there was a very minor refund from Pegasus, not from the insurer EuropAssitance as per the contract, the insurance policy, bought from Edreams.
    All attempts to contact EuropAssitance and Edreams have been failing since December 2016.