Edgars / handed over despite receiving payment

1 United States

Due to some unforseen and unexpected medical expenses I fell behind on my account. I made an arrangement to settle the arrears by way of duplicate payments for the next three months, starting with the first payment due on the 25th September. I made this payment as promised only to find a letter from Edgars' collection company in the post today, indicating that I 'failed' to make payment and that I have been listed on itc. I did not 'fail' to make payment, I did pay and will continue to do so until the account is fully paid up and I can close my account.

To date I have only received one letter of demand which I acted on, and I hope that for your sake I don't now have a default listing on itc which will stay on my record for the next two years.

Edgars, as you expect me to keep to the agreement and pay when due, I also expect you to do the right thing (if that is at all possible) and refrain from placing default listing or judgement on my credit record unless it is as a last resort for you to get your money.

Thanks to the NCR I am fully aware of my rights as a consumer.