Menu
Edgars Fashion / Edcon
reviews & complaints

Edgars Fashion / Edcon
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

635 complaints
19 resolved 616 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Edgars Fashion / Edcon. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
E
3:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

17 April 2015, my little sister and I were shopping at Edgars (Eastagate). Whilst shopping around Edgars two employees of the Edgars' store approached my sister and I. The two employees were dressed in similar attire as the rest of the other Edgars' staff (this includes a name badge). The employees persisted to assist me in particular as I was looking for...

N
9:57 am EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - cell phone

In december 2014 took out insurance with Edgars, the lady who registered me said it cost R40 for Sumsung S5 mini.last month 07/03/2015 lost my phone went to Edgars to claim only to find out that i was registered for Sumsung s3 mini instead of Sumsung s5 mini.the insurance only paid out R2000 and they don, t want to pay the rest.Have been patient for the past 3 weeks.phoned Edgars Head Office for help and ever since then i don, t get any assistance with a refund on my phone.They always promise to phone and give me feed back but they never phone, i end up phoning them and i would be told that the agent(NTOKOZO) who, s dealing with my claim is on study leave BLAH BLAH BLAH now they are telling me that they have escalatted my claim to their manager and it might take up to 6 weeks.I am tired with all the excuses I JUST WANT MY PHONE and i am not willing to wait another week.It, s not my fualt that Edgars made a mistake and registered my phone as an S3 mini or that the store under covered me for R2000 without explaining it to me.I have been waiting and it, s ENOUGH.

A
10:02 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It has been the 2nd time I have recived extremly poor service at the refunds counter at Edgars, Westgate. The 1st time I had to wait almost two hours to get service to exchange one piece of clothing. This time I was in front of the line and there was only one empolyee working friday afternoon. I went to him and he said he was waiting for a customer then he...

U
5:27 am EST

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - product pricing differs from advertising

Good day

Since the start of the marked down sale i experienced numerous problems.

I am not too sure of the dates of purchases and exact prices, however my account statement should reflect correctly.

Firstly i bought reebox slippers (F1063l1145 liberty ninzi) marked at 229. 95 discounted 40% at blue route mall. However when i went to cavendish i noticed the exact same slippers marked at 199. 95 discounted 50%. I then exchanged the slippers. Can you please explain to me how is it possible for the same item be priced differently, discounted differently at different branches? I feel i was cheated.

Then i also bought bradford black laces shoes (Blue route mall) as a gift, only noticed later that the shoe box indicate 359. 99, however when item was bought it scanned as 379. 95 den discounted. How is this possible, as the box was the correct shoe box, yet the price differs on the system. Meaning that i got the wrong discount & was actually charged more than the price on the box.

Then i also notice a navy adidas tracksuit pants with stripes priced at 429. 95 marked down 40% at blue route mall. Then when i went to cavendish, the same item was marked down 50%, so i bought it at cavendish on [protected]. How is this possible that the same item is discounted differently at different branches?

On [protected] i watched edgars tv advert stating that selected items marked down upto 50%, however it did not indicate selected towels, it only said towels. So when i went on [protected] to blue route mall to buy a printed towel (Sku61265527, sty61265411) priced at 149. 95. When i got to the till i was informed that this towel was not marked down. I then spoke to the asst manageress regarding the tv advert only stating towels marked down, not selected towels and the item i wanted to buy was a towel. So i couldn't understand how this towel cannot be marked down as advertised. I still want to buy the towel, but at discounted price as per tv advert.
Can you please assist to rectify this problem.

Can you urgently attend to the above mentioned problems experienced.

Thank you for your speedy response and positive feedback.

Ms r phillips
[protected]

1 comment
R
Oct 24, 2014 11:44 pm EDT

I bought blackberry Z10 in the above mentioned shop, within the same week it stopped working.

L
7:20 am EST

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - refuse to exchange guess jeans

My mom bought me a guess jean for x-mas, I was on vacation and arrived home yesterday whereby I got my gifts, The jean was a little to big for me and had a stain on the front and as yesterday was a public vacation day and I only came back to Pretoria yesterday I decided to go exchange the jean today, On arrival the security guard advised me what to do, I stood in line for 30 mins just to be told I must go to customer service, The lady told my that the jeans arn't in good condition and she will be unable to exchange the jean. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, My normal jean size is 32 your 32 is to big for me, the jean costs a fortune now YOU refuse to exchange. I will proceed to take this matter as far as possible, I feel sorry for who-ever helps my mom once she is back in pta.

B
4:07 pm EST

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - reopen account

Dear Sir/Madam

My father was at Edgars store in welkom yesterday to reopen his accuont and they told him that's if he don't understand English its impossible to help him they open an account for only people who speak english not afrikaanse which means you are no long open an account for illiterate or un educated people that's my question thanks his I'd number is [protected]

N
12:53 am EST

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - call centre bad attitude

received a call on my cell-phone number regarding my fathers account. The agent wanted to offer him a new product. I explained to the agent that my father cannot be contacted and that he works odd hours and that his work does not permit him to accept dumb product offering calls. The agent was adamant that she wants to talk to my father and after me telling her that I will not provide her with a contact number she goes on to say that this is my fathers account and not mine. Does Edgars lack understand? Is Edgars not capable of hiring staff of high quality? Does Edgars not respect customers decisions? Does Edgars not teach their call centre agents to respect customers? Should this matter be reported to the CPA? Or should I tell my father to close off his Edgars account so that he is not called and harassed?

J
5:04 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Goodday Account number [protected] I changed my bank acc from savings to check, the banks promiss to change the debitorders info with Edgars did not happen, so I paid my installment cash at the Paarl Branch.When I want to do a purchase my card was blocked its RIDICULOUS BY FAR !!! I was never but NEVER in arrears with my Edgars account I am a...

G
6:37 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is gift I'd no [protected] I realised in August. 2014 that a protection fee of R26 was added in my account and in the following months. When Iwent to bBenoni store to quiry that I was told its compulsory and I told then I don't ant it as I have never agreed to it. A person called Philemon Matsimela promised to look at the matter and see if I had...

7:42 am EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - false pricing

Bought two sheets priced at R229.00 on the price tag which was less 40%. After being billed noticed that I was charged R259.00 per sheet less 40%. Queried it with the cashier who duly phoned the manager. Spoke to the manager who simply said that that was the price registered on the computer irrespective to what the items were priced at. That is fraud as how can you mark an item with a price and then when you pay for it you are charged a different price. Is this allowed!

P
8:03 am EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - staff not trained/or just don't care

Good day, I was at Edgars at the Glen yesterday and was appalled by the treatment my family and I received. We walked in at Edgars around 5:50pm and there were no security visible at the door. Please check the footage.Nevertheless I walked in with a black packet containing 2 tops that were given to my daughter as a gift. I then purchased 5 items including a lipstick.After paying for the items and walking out, the alarm went off.We walked back in and I produced my slip for the items I purchased and produced the bag.The( lady) security at the door asked what was in the black packet and my husband replied that these items were purchased by my mum at Edgars in Eastgate.She quietly removed the tag or bar code from the lipstick and said nothing to us for the bag that triggered the alarm and called another security guard and we had to explain everything over again to him.He then called his Manager Bafana who came after a while.He advised that I should have the common courtesy of declaring my gift at the door, I realised that nothing I say would make a difference because where the hell was the security at the door, so does he expect me to go looking for one at the various entrances, I have been shopping for 18 years at Edgars and I always walked in to exchange gifts without slips(common sense will tell you that you would not have slips for gifts), there are no signs at the entrance informing you to declare edgars products with no slips, Is this not common courtesy on edgars behalf or Bafana's behalf to inform its loyal customers.My family and I had to wait like criminals as other customers would walk out staring at us and the security immediately closed the door while all of this was happening so as to stop the criminals from fleeing.Some of edgars staff members are pathetic, where do you recruit them from, do they not realise that we are paying their salaries, you will never get assistance while shopping in Edgars, coz they are too busy chatting in a group and you would have interrupted their conversation if you needed help, or if you ask for something then it's always out of stock without even checking in their store rooms.
edgars should be ashamed of its pathetic customer service!If you buy at the cosmetic counter, a consultant at another counter will never assist you as they claim that they are not allowed to assist, yet they represent Edgars.Edgars please sort out your staff as I am seriously considering closing my account!There are other stores that provide me with excellent customer service, so why should I shop at edgars at the glen - train your staff how to treat its customers that are paying their salaries...

A
2:00 pm EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - no communication

On the 25 September I went into the store to open an account, I was stopped by a girl whilst walking in to enquire if I would like an account and she escorted me to new accounts. I then had another girl fill in the forms for me and because there was no computer available I had to stand and do this.. I only get to Mitchell's Plain pass 5 which means I have to rush to the mall as the shop closes at 6.. The girl that assisted me was on training and kept asking a lady by the Name of Nozipho what she needs to do. When everything was done Nozipho then told me that she will load the details and I will receive an sms to advise whether I qualified for the account or not. I would then need to come in with my bank statements and proof of address and payslip. Yesterday 30 September 2014 I became curious and called the branch to enquire if I qualified for the account or not. When I called a lady in the new accounts department told me that the details were never loaded and my old account still shows on the system. She asked me if the lady had put me on the phone to new accounts and I advised she didn't.. Now this infuriates me as nobody had the decency to tell me what the real process was.So the lady I spoke to very easily said I have to come back to the store and do the whole process over again.. So my question is, why is this on me? Why do I have to go back to the store and do it over if it wasn't my fault? And if this is the way Edgars values their customers then I am not even sure if I would want to be an account holder at this company! So I would like some feedback about this or Hello Peter will see the complaint as well!

M
9:43 am EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - misleading advertising

Edgars placed full page adverts in some newspapers - Friday 15th Aug. 2014 -
"up to 75% off SALE" .
I went to Eastgate Edgars yesterday, 15/08/2014, hoping to purchase some clothes at discounts
of 50% - 75%. In the man's section, there were 26 double-railed stands,
each with 100- 200 items - totaling a few thousands - T-shirts, shirts, jackets, jeans...
Big placards / boards were placed on these stands - marked: "up to 75% off SALE",
and frequent announcement of the 75% discounts were made over in-house speakers.
However, NOT a single item was discounted at 75% on the 26 double-railing stands!
I asked a salesman to show me only 1 item on these stands discounted at about
75% - he could not, AND, admitted that none of the thousands of items on these stands
were discounted to anything close to 75%!
He subsequently took me to to a rail - not marked with a placard / board indicating the
discount.On this stand - only 1 type of long-sleeve tops - different colours - were marked
downfrom R250 to R60 - i.e. slightly over 75% discount.

I did a random price check on the thousands of items on the 26 stands - over 80% were discounted
only between 20% and 33.3%! The maximum discount I saw was on a few identical shirts -
R999 to R450 i.e. 55% off.

Although Edgars ads. state "up to 75% off, the prominence and emphasis placed on the 75% disc., In my opinion, – is very, very deceiving / misleading/ ethically incorrect. (because only a very, very small % of items, if any, may be reduced by 75% on the 1st day of such a well promoted sale).
(similar ads. are placed for other stores in the Edcon group)
My wife had similar experience with ladies & kids clothing - she could find no items discounted
to anything close to 75%!)

S
1:24 am EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - refund not done / been de - frauded

my complaint is two fold, the first complaint is that their staff made terrible error on my account details, which resulted in debt order been non-fuctional as such they levyed me a fees for non-paymet for which I'm wanting a refund for the amount of R116, 64 its been 1 yea and I still battling too get the refund and to this is that they want to charge extra admin fees as result of me refusing to pay the R116, 64 My second complaint is more server, I have been paying or cell phone insurance for 3 years and when I come to lay a claim the covering company Hollard said that I'm not a listed client and my details don't match their listing add to this my handset is not registered in my name but. In a Mr P.Minisi who is a edgars store clerk, I'm clearly been de-fraued and my next step is too start legal action, I call on all for us tostart a class action suit

B
8:06 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - return faulty products and rude and unprofessional treatment

Good day,

On 29 July 2014 i bought a Blackberry 9720 cash at 11:41AM from the Wesgate mall branch.

On Saturday the 5 July 2014 i went in to the store to return this handset as it gets stuck clearly due to a technical fault and i asked for the phone to be replaced with a new one.

The ladies at the counter talked in their African language not realising that i can understand them and said that there is nothing wrong with this phone and that i am lying. After 3 hours fighting with the ladies at the counter, and two managers i just left as its clear that no one will be assisting me.

Furthermore before i left Victoria the manager said she will contact me on Monday morning to sort this out as she could not reach MTN on Saturday.

I'm still waiting for that phone call.

I have never been treated like this in my entire life.

Furthermore in terms of section 54 and section 55 of the Consumer Protection Act i have a right to return this for either a refund or a exchange.

Furthermore on MTN's website it clearly states the following:

Prepaid Returns and Refunds:Devices must be returned to a listed MTN Store. The original invoice and packaging must be included to be considered for a refund in accordance with the MTN Online Shop policies. Your return may be considered under the following conditions:1. If there has been an out of box failure within 7 days of receipt of goods.2. If it is allowed within the CPA regulations within 10 days of receipt of goods.Repairs and Exchanges:Devices must be returned/exchanged to an MTN Store with the original invoice and packaging to be considered for repairs or exchange in accordance with the MTN Online Shop policies.Post Paid Repairs, Refunds and Exchanges:Devices must be returned to an MTN Store with the subcriber original document, customer pickup document and orginal packaging to be considered for a refund or exchange in accordance with the MTN Online Shop policies.

Furthermore as per Victoria the manager no one complaint with regards to faults on that particular cell phone yet as per hallopeter there have been several complaints regarding faulty blackberry 9720 relating to edgars and mtn.

S
5:22 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Name   : Mr Sibusiso Dikhudu Acc No : [protected] Tel No  : [protected] Make & Model : BlackBerry 9720 Job No : 357967 IMEI NR :[protected] Date of Event  : 04/22/2014 I am not happy about the service you are offering to me as your customer, I insured my phone with you and the service you are giving it to me its unprofessional. My phone wa...

F
2:23 pm EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - pathetic service

I had gone shopping at edgars trade route mall on 0252014. . . I paid for my item and asked the cashier to wrap it, she said i should go to the back and see if someone can assist me, i went t o the back, the lady there said that the cashier whom i paid at should be helping me, i then passed the front counter and asked the lady to assist me with wrapping the gift, she said no she only assists in the cosmetics dept, by the way she was not assisting anyone ! I went back, stood in the line, the cashier saw me, but then i asked another cashier to wrap the gift, it took quite a while for them to wrap it, it was not to my satisfaction at all ! The staff at edgars trade route were not helful at all, and this is not the first time i have a problem with there service !Told to go up and down with no help! Over 45 min in the shop and this was after 6. . It was not busy at all! I have gone to other edgars stores and always given good service. Edgars trade route should catch a wake up, and be more professional, there service really sucks !

2 comments
X
May 16, 2015 11:45 am EDT

16 May 2015

Staff at Edgars Trade Route Mall, shop U11 Corner Nirvana Drive and R554, Lenasia, johannesburg, Gauteng, are rude, impatient and embarrassing! My family and I have been loyal customers for years and the service I had recieved today by Staff members, that includes the manager in the cosmetics depatment was pathetic. There was a minor misunderstanding that had occurred and the way I was treated was disgusting. I refuse to shop at a store where customers are not valued or respected.

X
May 16, 2015 11:35 am EDT

Staff at Edgars Trade Route Mall are rude, impatient and embarrassing!

R
10:48 am EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - they did not change my account and they can't find my payment

So on 25 March I paid my account in cash. It is a lit of money. In my stupidity I have got rid of my slip. I got a statment from them of R4000.00 I went to them nothing on the system and have no records of it. They dont have any video recordings. I'm still waiting on them to phone me back from head office and Tygervally store. It have been a week. I was there on monday promised me it will be sorted out. Nothing yet. I cant sleep giving me so much pain.

6:04 am EDT

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - usless

Good day, I am extremely annoyed and dissatisfied with the service from edgars pavillion as well as head office I went to open an account over two weeks ago and have had nothing but the run around. On the day of my application (when in store ) I informed the staff that they could only phone my employer before 2.30pm as I teacher. Every day i have phoned in and queried weather my account has been activated or not and get beaten around the bush and passed from pillar to post. Each one blaming the next and no one accepting responsibility for not phoning my employer before 2.30 and subsequently my account has now been declined. I have been told that my application credentials do not meet the minimum requirements (which is ridiculous as I do earn a good salary and don't have any accounts reflecting on my name ) secondly they lost my forms and I had to do the application a second time with someone who didn't understand english and I had to repeat my self numerous times. Thirdly i have complained to hello peter which I was assured that my application would be dealt with as a priority which has not happened at all. Every time that I have phoned in I have been told that my account is still pending however after a conversation today with one of the staff members I was informed that my account had been declined and was decline on the 19th of the month, which like I said I have phoned pretty much every day since I applied and was never told it was declined now I must wait 3 months to apply again I can't believe that a store like edgars can accept such intolerable service as their standard I have phoned head office 3 times and driven into store about 4 times and each time I'm promised that this matter would be sorted out and have not stood by their word I am a loyal edgars customer for many years and so decided to support their account scheme but I seem to have been mistaken by my judgement perhaps I should take my business else where.

I was also informed today by another employee that they will take the declined off my account, re activate it and they she will call my boss immediately and call me back . I'm still waiting a day later. I'm constantly promised the world and get nothing in return.

10:21 am EST

Edgars Fashion / Edcon - scam, dishonest seller, useless company

I had the contract with the company Edcon Jet Store. But after several months, I cancelled it and asked for my sim card. The seller promised to reactivate it, but he did nothing. I still have the contract with this scam company and they refused to reply to my emails and complaints. So be careful if you use this store or leave comments if you had horrible experience with this seller.

Edgars Fashion / Edcon contacts