eBay / trying to charge me for merchandise that didn't sell

I had auctions up for several auction of high priced merchandise like laptops and ipods. After the auctions were complete I collected the money from the winning bidders and then when I went to order the merchandise from the new supplier I started dealing with I found out that my supplier was a scam artist and didn't really have any merchandise. So I refunded all my customers there money and requested Final Value Fee credits from ebay because I didn't actually complete the sales with the customers. At the end of the month Ebay sent me an e-mail stating that I requested to many final value credits and that they are reversing every single one I requested from that time period. I told them I had proof from my Paypal payments that I refunded the customers and that is why I requested Ebay and they told me that they don't look into investigating matters like this. So they said they had the final word and that was it. So now I owe over $400 in fees on transactions that I never completed. Ebay allows for final value credits for situations like this but they felt that I requested to many so they reversed all of them instead of talking to me and trying to find out the whole situation. They just want money they aren't due and that isn't fair.

D  2nd of Oct, 2007 by
I guess you shouldn't attempt to sell stuff that is NOT in your possession to sell. You didn't have the stuff, but collected $$, and then attempted to purchase the items from ANOTHER middle-man. YOU should pay the eBay auction fees and quit your whining. It's a $400 lesson you learned, not to advertise items for sale that you don't even have or own, or have paid for. YOu got what you deserved, If you want to be a reputable businessman, then invest YOUR $$ in inventory, then re-sell it, not sell stuff that isn't even yours. What a ###!!!

eBay Logo eBay