Earthlink / wont cancel services

1 26474 Valley VeiwEugene, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 541-998-2495

Tried unsucessfully to cancel services and Earthlink kept taking fee for another 6 months. Wont refund money or appologise and they were very rude. Talked to Rose. She was very rude.Talked to her boss also . Basically told me too bad. Didn't offer to resolve problem, just asked for conformation code. They are not trained in India to talk nicely or treat their customers respectfully. Had to change debit card numbers at my bank to resolve this. I will tell anyone and everyone not to deal with Earthlink Internet Server.

Comments

• Mu
      2nd of Aug, 2009

Yes. I cancelled a few months ago and when I did, they told me they'd keep my e-mail address active for a month so I could access it and then afterwards they'd cancel that. Well, I just looked at my credit card bills and notice I was still getting charged 4 bucks a month by them for something. So I called and asked what it was there for, and the woman on the phone I was paying for my e-mail. I said, I didn't want the email account and that I wanted it cancelled. So she told me she'd charge me 2 bucks for it the next month so I could "move all the important stuff " to my other accounts. I said ok, and asked her if after that would it be cancelled completely? She told me that after my month at half-price, I could call back and say whether or not I want to cancel it or not.

What?

Is that even legal?

I mean, I've said I wanted it cancelled twice now. And now I've got to call back a third time and say I want it cancelled?

That sounds like fraud.

So I told her that I didn't have to wait a month. That I wanted it cancelled now.

So she cancelled it.

I think.

But still.

How hard is it to understand, "I want to cancel my account now?"