EarthLink / Windstream Services Logo

EarthLink / Windstream Services

Having problems with EarthLink / Windstream Services?

EarthLink / Windstream Services Customer Service Contacts

1170 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with EarthLink / Windstream Services Customer Service. Initial EarthLink / Windstream Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for EarthLink / Windstream Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about EarthLink / Windstream Services. Discuss the issues you have had with EarthLink / Windstream Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

EarthlinkIt stinks

I hate Earthlink. During an upgrade they put a long distance phone number in for my dial up and replaced my local access number. $800 later in long distance charges I discovered the problem. I tried to go in to the latest and greatest version of Earthlink and edit back to my local access number and could not do it. Even their own customer service people could not do it and agreed with me. Until I could get broadband installed, I went back to an old computer and used the old version of Earthlink and did fine...I will never use dial up again. NEVER!! I turned them in to the better business bureau in Atlanta, but they denied the problem time and time again...and blamed me for not watching the number I was using to dial in with. I had been an Earthlink customer for more then 3 years and never saw the need to check my local access number each time I logged on...I had not moved and I was not notified that my local access number was changing. My local access number had not changed after checking, it was still the same old number it had always been...so why during an upgrade did they go in and change my local access number to a long distance number? It was unknowing to me. Also, my long distance service AT&T wouldn't do anything to help me out either. I thought they might at least notify me when they noticed an unrealistic problem going on at my home phone that had never occurred previously. They had to see I was building up a large phone bill to the same phone number and I had never done it before. They wouldn't even cut me a deal for the error that I unsuspectingly created for myself. So needless to say I do not have AT&T long distance service on my home phone anymore. Unfortunately I do have a cell phone through them because I had Cingular and AT&T bought them out. I don't plan on renewing my contract at this time since it has expired, I just go month to month with them, but I do like their cell service, so I haven't closed my mind to renewing their cell phone service as yet. As long as I don't need a new cell phone I will continue going month to month. But I absolutely refuse to ever use Earthlink again. I pray they do not buy out broadband or I don't know what I will do. If anyone knows any other company Earthlink is associated with let me know so that I do not buy any of their products.

PeoplePCFraudulant Billing - Harassing Phone Calls

I signed up for a 30-day free trial of PeoplePC back in November. I had gotten points through a reward program for signing up. I never once even installed it on my computer. I have internet through my cable company.

So I canceled after 3 days. I was told that everything was canceled and I would no longer be billed. So 4 months go by and my credit card had been compromised and was canceled. A few days later I get a call from PeoplePc telling me that my monthly fee could not be processed. so I called them and they tell me that when I had never canceled their service. Apparently, I had been billed every month, unknowingly. I told them that I had canceled after only a few days during my free trial and that I wanted the account closed.

PeoplePC refused to close the account until I paid them the balance on the account due to my card being declined. I continued to explain to them that I have never even used their services and that I had been fraudulently billed for the past 4 months. So that call got me nowhere.

So every day, their billing department calls about 5 times a day to collect the balance on the account. I have spoken with 14 reps and 5 supervisors. All of which have claimed they could not help me. They claim that they cannot close an account that has a balance on it.

So the harassing calls keep coming every day. Eventually I had enough. I typed out a nice letter to the California State Attorney General. I made one last attempt and called them to rectify the issue. I got some Indian guy on the phone named Bob (yeah... ok). Bob connected me with a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor the situation and informed him that if the matter could not be addressed while I was on the phone that I would be mailing my letter out to the California State Attorney General in the morning. I then proceeded to read my letter to him to let him know that I wasn't just bs'ing. Amazingly enough, he was able to go right in and zero out the balance on the account and close it. So you would think that would be the end of it, right?

WRONG!!! Every day I am still getting at least 3-5 calls per day from their billing department. When I ask why they are calling, they start to say "There is a balance on your account of...um...zero dollars." I then proceed to tell them to stop calling me or I will file a harassment suit. I have spoken with several reps and several supervisors SINCE my account has been closed (again) and NOBODY can tell me why I am continuallt being called. So today again (at 8am) they are calling me again.

So I am writing this complaint to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from PeoplePC. It is a horrible company. I will be sending out my letter to the California State Attorney General's office later today, as well as filing a complaint with the BBB. Not that the BBB really does anything. If you have similar issues with PeoplePC, I recommend contacting the Attorney General in their state. If they receive enough complaints, they will go after them. The BBB really can't do much other than send them a letter telling them they have a complaint. So the BBB is pretty useless in my opinion.

Company address correction...

1375 Peachtree St NW
        Atlanta, GA 30309

Hence, I will be filing my complaint with the Georgia State Attorney General office.

CALL ME [protected]-ASK FOR FRANK ---STEALING---ON--CREDIT--CARD

DENISE A PALLEY Sep 25, 2008

I WII FIND OUT WHO TO CALL TO GET MY MONEY BACK--AND-YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY HIS BILL---CALL ME [protected]-ASK-FOR-FRANK

• Lo
        Lorraine Nov 25, 2008

You are not the only one I also cancel and for 2 years they billed me and taking money out my account unknowingly and has not refund my money one 2 months what can I do to get my money from the thugs who took MY MONEY I wrote a letter as well have not heard anything

• Di
        DiDi Jun 03, 2016

My husband and I were the victims of credit card fraud. PeoplePC was one of the fraudulent charges. We called them several times to cancel the account. They finally said the account was canceled, however, they have not refunded us the original charges. A customer rep told us we would have to fax corporate hq with police report but then never gave us a fax number. ??? I pity the next credit card theft victim who has to deal with this greedy, uncooperative company.

• Di
        DiDi Jun 03, 2016

PeoplePC Internet ServiceUnauthorized Charge

On February 14th, PeoplePC charged me $104.40 for Internet access that I never purchased or authorized. I do not know how they secured my credit card information. We did not purchase anything from this company. I contacted them at 8:00 am PST and spoke to an agent. They asked for my phone number (it was not in their records) and then asked for my credit card number, address, my name and then wanted my social security number and the name of my first pet. I refused to provide my social security or first pet and asked to speak to a supervisor. They stated that they could not pass me to a supervisor until they could verify me as the account holder, which required providing my social security or the name of my first pet. I told them that I was confident they did not have that information because I did not authorize the purchase in the first place and that my sense was they were collecting the information so they could supply it to you as “proof” of my approval.

They said the only way I could get assistance was to write a letter to:

PeoplePC
      1375 Peachtree, Level A
      Atlanta, GA 30309

After calling my credit card company and receiving feedback that I should at least attempt to have them confirm they will not charge any future charges. I went through the same process and asked to speak to a supervisor 10+ times (honest!) asking them repeatedly if they were refusing to let me speak to a supervisor. Finally, they transferred me to a supervisor, and then to two additional supervisors upon which the woman provided me a 17 digit cancellation number, which I have supplied to my credit card company, in the event they charge me again.

In looking on-line, this company appears to be disreputable; there are literally thousands of complaints related to unauthorized charges, not turning off the service – even with repeated requests. It is a shame that my time and energy was wasted.

• Sh
          shannon Apr 11, 2008

I had the same thing happen. I had peoplepc as my service provide and when I called to cancel. They told me that they would go ahead and cancel my account for me.. 3 Months after my cancellation they were still debited my savings account. I had to contact them again and ask why they were continuing to take out money when I no longer authorized them too. They told me that they were going to put in the cancellation once again.. I was never reimbursed by them nor did the debiting stop. They even debited my account twice and three times in one month. In the end I had to close my savings account and switch banks because of this which was a huge inconvenience to me. They ended up overdrawing my savings account over $200. They would not make any effort to try and reimburse me any of my money. I think that is the worst thing that a business can do to someone.

PeoplePCTerrible company!

Approximately last November I signed a contract with Peoplepc.com agreeing to pay for DSL service for 24 months. I fully intended on keeping this service for some time as I'd been happy with their dial up service. On February 26th my DSL service quit working. It worked fine that Tuesday morning and upon coming home that night, it was offline.

My account was current so I called tech support and worked with the techs even though he was very difficult to understand at times because of accent issues. He was unable to resolve my problem and I was told to call back at a later time I believe and given a 'trouble ticket number' and wished a goodnight.

In the next week that followed I called every day and attempted to correct the issue with the service. The techs that I talked to told me they would check on something and call me back in about 30-60 minutes. I never received a phone call in return, even after furnishing my personal cell phone number.

In my attempt to contact tech support I have waited on hold for an hour one night and never reached them. The next night I waited for 20 minutes and the night after that I was transfered from customer service to tech support again and was on hold for 40 minutes.

I've never once been rude to their customer service but found that they seem to read from a script and do not listen to my complaints other than to state every break 'I understand your concern'.

I informed them that I'm paying for a service that is not being provided and would like released from my contract. They then informed me that since I'm asking to be released from my contract I would incure the early termination fee of $145.00. PeoplePC is billing me for a service they are not providing.

I have determined that the error is not on my end of the wire after following all instructions from tech support to a 'T', asking associates that work as tech support for other companies and also doing a complete system restore to a point when my DSL did work, all at my own expense.

I have upheld my end of the contract by paying my bills, but still I continue to have no service and Peoplepc refuses to dissolve a contract that they obviously cannot deliver on.

I have now filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau regarding Peoplepc. All I wish, is to be able to return the modem and have my contract dissolved due to noncompliance.

• Sc
            Scott Johnson Mar 05, 2008

Sorry to say but most company's technical supports sucks very bad. Have you considered contacting People PC's corporate office to try to resolve the issue? They are a good company because I had their dial up service, but it is unfair since you did everything they said... so perhaps you last step would be to talk to their corporate office?
            I wish you the best

Pablo.

Earthlink DSL — Terrible service!

Subject: Earthlink DSL internet and phone service *Earthlink is guilty of unfair business practice...

People PC — They have continued to charge my bank account for different amounts after i had canceled my service with them!

Their internet service kept freezing up so I decided to cancel service and go with a new internet service...

EarthlinkEarly cancellation fees!

In December 2006 thru May 2007. I placed an order to Earthlink.net to be my internet service provider. During this period of time, they canceled my service. They said I called and canceled the service. I was charged $175.00 three times and I was not able to get my money back. I would appreciate someone helping me in this. Thats a lot of money they stole from me.

PeoplePC.com — Charged for canceled account

I spoke to an online rep for Peoplepc and was told my account was canceled in October. I knew thi...

PeoplePC.comPoor service and over charge!

I tried to cancel service - it took me 3 months. Letters, e-mail, and phone calls to customer service.

* It takes too much time to get through to customer service
            After sitting on hold for quite some time I was not allowed to speak with a supervisor regarding regarding an overpayment.
            * They had overcharged me for a number of months. I canceled the service I signed up for at a rate of $6.95 per month. Somewhere along the line they changed this charge to $10.97 a month. The charge didn't come thru monthly but all of a sudden I had a $32.91 charge on my credit card statement. When I asked for a refund in December I was told that I was paid current through January and no more charges would be made to my account.
            * The service is poor.

I would recommend any other service than PeoplePC. Nothing is good about peoplepc.

angie b. Nov 09, 2008

i cannot get to check my web mail ????????????????? its says cannot find the page what's up????? i need to get to my web mail but cannot can u please explain why??????????????? i need to check its very important to me!!! also :did i only get charged with my finetune only once????????????? but i need my webmail please!!! sincerely, angie(A.S.A.P.!!!)

EarthlinkEarthLink has worst customer service ever

I ordered earthlink satellite thinking i was going to get really great service for my area. They came out and installed my satellite immediately. My service was slower than dial up. I called up cust svc. I spent 6 hrs on the phone being transferred from dept to dept with no resolution.

We ran various speed tests and still they could not help me. So i asked if they could send out a technician. Their reply was your system is working fine. I told them it wasnt fine and i'm not paying 115.00 a month for no service. The customer service agent hung up on me. I called back requesting to speak to a manager with no luck. The manager transferred me to a technician that could barely speak a word of english. I again explained my situation and i asked if he could set up an appt. For a technician to come out to see what the problem was. He said there was no satellite service in my area then he said in a very rude manner just cancel the service and transferred me back to the automated system. When i finally got another rep on the phone they said there was nothing i could do about cancelling unless i paid the early termination fee. I explained that i never had any service but still nothing i could do but pay. Nothing was ever resolved for me. This is by far the worst company i have ever dealt with.

And of course im still being billed.

PeoplePC.com - Dial-Up Internet ServiceFraud and attempted theft

RE: Account Number [protected] Invoice Number [protected]

People PC Inc. *40415 *10962 $7.99 08/30/2007 6VXD1-QLPZK Paid

Check #99xx71 from your *xxxxx account was mailed to People PC Inc. on 08/27/2007. Funds for this payment will be withdrawn from your account when the biller cashes the check.

If you have a question about this payment, you can send us a payment inquiry .

9/7/2007 WAL-MART 7 ECA/PURCHASE Check Number: 8452 RICH TX $14.00 $1,711.01

9/6/2007 CHECK 99xx71 $7.99 $1,725.01

9/5/2007 CHECK 8439 $30.00 $1,733.00

The above shows where I issued through my bank an electronic payment and then where your company deposited the same, which was for the September to 15 October 2007 period.

On 09/27/2007 I called your CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT, and advised them that when I had reached the last of the month and it was used up that I wished to drop your Service. The CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT advised that on the 18th of October the service would be terminated and I agreed that would be fine. Your company sent me a Customer Survey and I explained that I had decent service for a Dial Up but was going Fiber Optic with Verizon.

On the first of October I received a bill from People PC, which I ignored because I was not going to continue and had informed your CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT of this.

On the 15th of October your Company pulled the plug on my connection which was as expected.

On the 29th of October I received a bill for the months of October and November, which I obviously can't use because the service had been previously turned off at my request.

On the 29th of October 2007 I called your CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT and talked to Kris (Obviously of foreign descent) and was informed that I owed for September and October and would I like to pay him by credit card so the service could be continued instead of SUSPENDED.

Talking to this person obviously was a waste of time so I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was passed to another person (obviously also of foreign descent), who operated on the same principle that I should pay the bill so the service would not be SUSPENDED including the November portion that I have no way of using, as I HAD IT TURNED OFF MYSELF.

This lady assured me that this was all straightened out and said the magic words No Problem.

Now here in Texas when some person of another race says that to us we know that they don't have a clue. Need I tell you that at this point I am far from pleased with your OUTSOURCED CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT?

SUMMARY

1. On 27 August 2007 I paid the September to October balance. (See Copy of Coupon)

2. On 6 September 2007 Check 99xx71 was paid to your company for Service from September to October 15.

3. On 27 September 2007 I called and advised CUSOTMER SERVICE to close my account when the payment had expired and was told this would occur on the 18th of October 2007.

4. On 28 September 2007 I received an invoice for October 15 to November 15, 2007 service which I ignored as I was through with the service.

5. On 1 October 2007 I was sent a customer Survey concerning why I was terminating the service, which I filled out and sent back.

6. On 15 October 2007 this account was closed as agreed by your company.

7. On 29 October 2007 I received the attached invoice for October, which had been cancelled and now November.

8. If you can show me where I owe your company money, I will gladly pay, but I have not had access to Peoplepc Service since the 15th of October 2007 and was left with the impression that was the turn off date determined by Your Company. I most certainly do not have any obligation for November to December by any stretch.

I surely hope that this reaches someone who cares enough to solve this problem, because if it doesn't I can see problems in the future for everyone involved.

P.S.

I just got a dunn phone call from your OUTSOURCED CUSTOMER SERVICE. Be advised that I have already filed a complaint with BBB.11/19/07 9:45AM.

Complaint ID#: [protected]

Business Name: People PC

Thomas

Dispute Resolution Specialist

Tel: [protected]

Fax: [protected]

elsie AT bbbemail.org

Ms. Thomas:

Your office and the Atlanta office can't seem to make up your minds who will be handling this situation. Since you were handed the ball last here is a couple of updates.

On November 19th at 9:20AM I received a call from the PEOPLEPC OUTSOURCE PEOPLE in Indonesia or India. This man tried to convince me that I owed them some $25.00 for service that I have not gotten and canceled. He quite obviously does not understand that I am through with this company as he informed me that he was suspending my service untill the outstanding was paid and that I had gotten a free month service, which I had not. I am not sure where he came up with that. As the conversation was only going where it was a waste of my time I excused myself and hung up after he told me that this could be turned over to Collections.

On November 26th at 1:50PM I received a call from the PEOPLEPC OUTSOURCE PEOPLE in some foreign land. This man told me that he had my letter that I had written and that it showed that at the end of October I had called and cancelled the service and that because they closed and billed on the 20th of the Month from the 20th of September till the 20th of October I owed $12.50 for that month and that I also owed for the next month because I had not called till the 29th of October I owed till the 20th of November for another $12.50. I explained to this person that I had called and cancelled on the 27th of September and he asked if I had a confirmation number, which I had not. However I told him that I had been sent a email survey which I had filled out about their service and why I was leaving and I told this one that I had left to go to Verizon FIOS which had just came to my neighborhood. He then informed me that I had been signed up for a year contract and had received a months free service, which he was immediately informed that I had not and did not and had no need for this service and that I had no intention of paying for something I had not received. He wanted to go back over the same trash again and I informed him that if he believed that I owed them something that the most it could be was for prorated 7 days from the 20th till the 27th of September. He was then informed that I was through discussing this with him and he said I will have to send this to Collection and I told him to please do so.

Fact: On the 27th of September just before getting the next months bill I called and talked to a person who told me that it was fine and they would close the service to me on the 18th of October. (They Actually Closed on the 15th of October)

Fact: On the 29th of September I got a bill for the month of October which I had cancelled so I did not pay it. (During this time period I received by email a request for a closing survey to see why I had left, which I filled out and returned)

Fact: I have never contracted with peoplepc for any free month service or annual contract. My contract was with Everyone's Internet who closed their Dial Up Service and moved us to peoplepc.

Fact: I checked the Dial Up service daily to be sure it had been terminated.

Fact: These fools are trying to collect from me for a service I cancelled and they turned off and think I am still using and can not access.

Quite frankly Ms. Thomas I am dealing with a third world mentality and people who obviously don't know what is happening. Please help me.

• Mi
                    Michael Kelley Jan 21, 2008

Peoplepc Jan 20th/08

Ive called and emailed to cancel my membership because you did not offer a faster service in my area, anmd another company did . I spoke with several agents there on the phone, and although I was told my acount would be cancelled for Jan 28th , 2008, I was repeatedly transferred to another until the 5th or six person, (who was supposed to be the person that would take care of it, I was told that my account had not been cancelled as Id requested,

Due to the ignorance of numerous reps there, I will not be billed for any future ervice past that date, and will keep a copy of thtis to send to the Atty generals office, should I need to have that office step in.

I also did not recieve a reply to an arlier email Id sent on this last week.

Earthlink — Do I have to pay?

On 8/14/07 I called Earthlink to cancel my e-mail account with them. I spoke to someone there who took my...

Earthlinktelemarketing, add in chares, difficult to cancel

I cancelled my earthlink dial up account, they made it difficult. There is no way-on the internet, to cancel. Once I told them I was copying the text in the chat and would post it online, they found a way to get a supervisor to cancel it.

Then they asked for a security word, which they had wrong. They use a family member name and they told me I did not have it right. Umm...I think I know it. YOU got it wong.

What really stunk was after the intro price period they jacked the rate up to $20 a month-except for about another $5 they added on for a "family pack". Some bundle of crap they sell with junk I never asked for nor wanted. It took me a couple months to catch the extra $5 and then when I did they would not credit me the full amount they ripped me off for. They could tell I never used it.

But the worst thing was-since I had to give them my home phone number, these jerks actually went and sold it to telemarketers. What nerve. I won't use the language I used, but this is the reason you should never use this ISP. They WILL sell your number to telemarketers, without your knowing consent. I'm sure somewhere in the terms of service they may say they have that right....BUT if you knew it up front most people would opt out.

This is dirty and sneaky.

They also tried not to stop billing me for another 2 weeks or so, even though I had another ISP.

EarthlinkRefusal to release my line and charging for service not used!

Earthlink is terrible. I wanted to know if anyone could help me in doing something about them.

This is my story:

I signed up in July 2007 for the bundle service (Phone and Internet, the first month was a free trial). One week of having the service I could not receive incoming calls. If someone called they would get a message saying, "The number you have reached (my number), is not excepting incoming calls". I have never heard that message from any phone service except for cell phones. Then, right after that my DSL connection drop. The DSL would connect sometimes, but the connection would not last long. I called tech support and the representative blamed the problem on my phone lines and/or my computer. I had just switched from Verizon, and there wasn't any problem then. Also, I had just replaced my hard drive.

So, I decided to cancel my service with them in August 2 days before my trail period was over. The rep. then offer me all kinds of deals and credits to stop me from canceling. I turned them down and requested a cancellation. Then the rep told my I had to pay an early cancellation fee, and I owed a payment for one month of service. I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was then put on hold. When the rep return I was told my cancellation was processed, I would not receive an early cancellation fee, and in fact had a negative credit on my account (in which they gave me). I told them I was going to re-sign with Verizon. The rep assured me that there would be no problems from Earthlink. All I had to do was let earthlink know when Verizon was coming to install my new service. They also informed me, once Verizon install their service it would automatically knock Earthlink off my line. The rep. then explained because of the one month credit I was given, I would be able to use Earthlink free for a month or until Verizon was installed (which ever one came first) if I chose to.

On September 14 my Verizon installed. On the 17th or 18th I tried to install my Verizon DSL, it did not work. When I called verzion the rep informed me that Earthlink was still on my line. I called Earthlink and they told me that Verizon had to call them and request the number. I explained to the rep that Verizon had my number, they just needed earthlink to get off my line. The Earthlink rep still insisted on have Verizon call. So, I called Verizon and informed them of what earthlink told me. Verizon called and earthlink gave them a conformation number that the transaction was complete (this did not go through until Sept. 27). I then received a bill from earthlink for the month of August and September.

I called earthlink once again and they told me that my account had been active from my start date in July to September 27. I explained the entire situation to them, and that is was not my fault earthlink took a month to drop my line. At the end of the conversion they were suppose to re-give me the one month credit, and give me a second one for September. Come the first week of July I received another bill from earthlink. This bill was from a bounce check fee in August when they tried to take from my bank account one month of service. I never knew this had happen, and why didn’t they bring this up before? I refused to pay because, they should not have taken anything being as though I was in my free trial period.

On October 30, I received a bill for the bounce check fee and an early cancellation fee. I am not paying anything, I want to go over their head.

EarthlinkPoor service!

There are a few complaints here illustrating Earthlink's incompetence. I'm pretty sure that I can top them all with this story. Let me preface this story with the fact that we had never contacted Earthlink for any reason and have most definitely never set up an account or service of any kind. In June 2007, my husband and I began receiving unsolicited mail from Earthlink to the name “Test Test.” On June 12, Earthlink sent “Test Test” a box. We assumed it was junk mail and/or an error, so other than being amused we thought little about it. Turns out it was a router/phone adapter related to their VOIP product.

Not long after we received the box Earthlink began demanding payment (from Mr or Ms Test, of course). Callers from Earthlink call our home phone number and ask to speak to “Test Test” or the “Accounts Payable Department.” If we don’t answer the phone, we get messages for “Test Test.” In the last 6 weeks we have gotten at least 30 calls from Earthlink. After a few early Saturday morning calls, waking up everyone in the house including visitors, what started as funny became much less amusing. We recently received another box to “Test Test” which remains unopened to this day.

This is 100% unsolicited and came completely out of the blue. Though it may seem obvious that there is no one by the name of Test Test, Earthlink remains undaunted in this quest to get payment (approx. $100 now) from an imaginary customer. My husband and I have spoken several times to confused and completely untrained customer service representatives in India, and their managers. They explain that they are powerless to help. Given the lack of success on the phone, I have now written two letters to everyone at Earthlink I can think of and a copy to my local City (San Francisco) Supervisor. Through all this we are amazed, but no longer surprised, that the calls and mail keep coming.

Most recently, we started getting calls from a collections agency (yes, really, for "Test Test"). Yesterday, we got a call from Earthlink's Customer Service asking us to call this number, use that password, use a certain "father's middle name" (apparently Test Test's father's middle name is QWERT) to speak to a supervisor. Then we would have to explain the situation and then we'd get some help (maybe). I'm refusing to do this because it is their error to fix, not mine. I am now filing complaints everywhere I can think to, and waiting for them to apologize and stop calling/mailing us. It's nothing short of harassment and really just bizarre. They clearly have serious organizational problems, so would recommend avoiding any of their services at all cost. I can't imagine how much they have spent trying to track down "Test Test" to get about $100.

If anyone has any recommendations of how to get these people to pay attention and deal with this issue with us (short of calling that number and using all their magic passwords) I'd be very appreciative.

People PCCancellation not

People PC
                        www.peoplepc.com

To whom it may concern:

I have been trying for a 1 year to cancel People PC. I have called several times to cancel and you can never get to the proper department. I have sent e-mails to cancel and the say I have to call. I understand it only $15 a month but when comes out of your checking account each month it is frustrating. Then for me to stop payment it is another $35.00 and a hassle to go to the bank and file the paper work. So I have paid this rip off PC provider for something I have not used in over a year. I only have internet access at work and do not need the People PC. I am not even sure what my password is all I know is me e-mail address for pepolepc is nfm35 AT peoplepc.com. I am sure that there a several thousand e-mails I do not even go and check because I do not want there service. If you could please help me in this situation I would appreciate it.

Frustrated non user

Deanna Benson

• Ho
                            HOPE HONEYCUTT Sep 27, 2007

MY MOTHER WAS CHARGED FOR PCPEOPLE ON HER PHONE BILL THEY WILL NOT CANCEL THISAND SHE DONT HAVE A COMP SHE IS 84 YEAR OLD AND IN BAD HEATH. THE ACCOUNT IS IN SOMEONE ELSE NAME BUT 2 # ARE TURN AROUND IN THE PHONE# THEY WILL NOT TALK TO YOU THEY WANT YOUR INF. SO THE CAN CORRCT THERE ACCOUNT BUT STILL PUT IT ON YOUR PHONE BILL

• Lp
                            L. Pittenger Jan 03, 2008

I never heard of PeoplePC until bills for them started showing up on our American Express account. We've already been charged hundreds of dollars for services we never requested and have never used. (I don't even know if we can use them from our area -- and we have cable internet anyway.) We contested the billing with American Express and just learned last night that, apparently, PeoplePC sent them fraudulant information to get Amex to reject our contestation. We are cancelling our Amex card so they can't keep charging us and are going to be in further discussion with Amex today.

• Da
                            Dale W May 03, 2008

I know what you are going through, it is happening to me right now! What a rip-off company!!! I hope someone shuts them down! Did you ever speak to anyone that spoke english well enough to understand what they were saying?

Thanks for your complaint,
                            Dale W

• Th
                            Thomas R. MacDonald Sep 23, 2008

All last month I couldn't cancel my peoplepc

DENISE A PALLEY Sep 25, 2008

I WAS CONECTED TO PEOPLE PC-PHONE NUMBER [protected]-I CALLED YOU TO CANCLED ON JUNE 15TH 2007THE PERSON I TALKED TO SAID OK YOU WILL CANCLED TODAY---THE REASON --IT WOULD NOT WORK DIAL UP ---I HAD MANY AND MANY-CALLS-TO-YOUR TECK SUPPORT--THER TRIED TO CONNECT ME BUT NO --GOOD---SO I CALLED AND CANCLED-ON JUNE 15TH2007---I HAD TO GO TO AOL.COM---WERE I AM EMAILING YOU FROM NOW ---YOU--OWE--ME--FROM JUNE 15 2007--UNTILL-NOW-SEPTEMBER-25-2008--AT $15.95 A MONTHCALL ME SO WE CAN TALK--[protected]--ASK FOR FRANK------I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD TOLD THEM WHAT WAS GOING ON--TO DISPUTE YOU--YOU WERE STILL TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD--WITH OUT MY PERMISSION

DENISE A PALLEY Sep 26, 2008

I STILL DID NOT HERE FROM YOU ---CALL-[protected]--ASK-FOR-FRANK

EarthlinkBilling problems!

I paid July, earthlink internet bill on july 26th. Earthlink received and deposited to there bank on August 7th. The due date of the bill was August 8th.

Earthlink has contacted me by mail and internet interruptions stating this bill is past due. Ive contacted them five times trying to resolve this issue. They apologize for the problem then state it will be taken care of. Its now three weeks later and I still receive mail stating the payment has not been received and continue to have my internet disrupted.

What can I do, where do I go from here with this issue? Advise smb!

• Ju
                              Julio Garces Sep 06, 2007

I switched from Road Runner cable Internet service to Earthlink cable Internet service only because they offer to me a promotional 6 months of $29.95 per month. Two months after they promise me to start the new Eartlink service and after several phone calls and coordinate by my self Earthlink and his Internet provider (Comcast): theree way phone call finally I got Earthlink.

For my first two months so far I was charged for the full price instead of promotional price and now Earthlink said two different histories deppending of the person you are talking:

1)Since Comcast is our Internet provider with do not have control over what you pay even you are billed by Comcast.
                              2)I promise you to fix this problem for you. We will contact Comcast.
                              Talking with Comcast they explained and confirmed to me it is imposible to honor the $29.95 from Earthlink. If this will happen customers from Comcast will move over Earthlink because the price.Currently Comcast does not have that cheap rate even for new customers.

How Earthlink can offer some they can not honor? Is there some easy legal instance to complaint? How a huge company like Earthlink with thounsands of complaints can survive this long? My advice: stay away from Earthlink. Customer service is limited to live chat and telephone. There is not email neither physical address except for cancellation service. The live chat is useless: the guys are nice but they never fix anything at the end you are encouraged to call Earthlink. If you call 90% of your attempts will ask you to contact live chat because they are so busy. If you are lucky and you are in the 10% you are going to spend at least one hour to speak to a live person most of the time with very reduced English skills.

John Nov 26, 2007

When I changed from dail up to cable high speed, I had a 12.51 credit. I tried to get put back on my card but with no luck. Then in Oct 07 Earthlink make a" payment adjustment" and took my 12.51. After 2 hours on phone in Oct,07 they agreed to send me a check in 10 days. Guess what? No check. Calling them for hours, chatting for long time. No results, They nullifed my account so I could not get the money. It is not the 12.51 but they did it. That is faud. but since is so small no one cares. But if they did it to me, they are doing it to others
                              Anyone with suggestions

PeoplePC.comRun from PeoplePC.com!

PeoplePC.com they stay off. Line more then online they cause you to have to restore your computer. Are you cant dial out they care not about the people who used the internet on there site they have got so slow its not funny but what can one think about a company from India they could not even spell my name right after me spelling it 3 times for them i am looking for another web site and yes i will tell everyone run from peoplepc.com there no good.

• Ca
                                carol conway Apr 22, 2008

I can not use express outlook with my new address as it keeps telling me I must use it thro peoplepc and I do not want that
                                Please do something about it
                                NOW111111111111

7D454

• Ha
                                Hansel Weathers Jul 09, 2008

I agree. I cancelled my peoplepc account in january and have cancelled two more times since then, and they're still billing my credit card. I called today to stop payment with the credit card company. Peoplepc sux and they're thieves.

Earthlink — Unable to close the Earthlink account

I have sent the email below to Earthlink Management. I have been unable to close the Earthlink account and...

PeoplePC.comExpensive Free Trial!

Easy to start up. Very difficult to turn off. I signed up for their 30 day free trial. Made the mistake of giving them my credit card number. I couldn't get it shut off. After 3 calls and three charges to my credit card, they finally stopped billing me. I ask for a name that I could write to and the supervisor hung up on me. My advice. Don't start with PeoplePC. It was an expensive Free Trial.

• We
                                  wesley Aug 08, 2008

i want to sing up for peoplepc.com for free