Domino's Pizza / overcharged

1 Clifty DriveMadison, IN, United States Review updated:

I received a mailed coupon from these jokers advising me they would deliver one free medium pizza, with one topping, at no cost to me. Emphasis on NO COST. One Saturday afternoon, my kid was whining for food and I told him he could have the coupon and order his pizza. They informed me there would be a delivery charge of $1.64. I told them this was not stated on the coupon, that it was absolutely free. They didn't care. So I sent my kid to the car to get the sticky and dirty change from under the ashtray to make the precious $1.64. I understand they're hoping you will take them up on the offer and order your free pizza ALONG WITH another $30 worth of food. Tough. All I was taking from them was what was free, mainly because if I want Pizza, I order real Pizza from Papa John's or a local pizza shop.

Sometimes the kid and his friends will order from Domino's and I know that when you place a normal order from them there is no delivery fee (there's no tip either from me, ever). The driver knew the pay risks of the job when (s)he took it. That driver does nothing above and beyond what any other driver does to warrant a tip.

This delivery fee came up simply because they were mad that I took them up on the offer for a free pizza without ordering more of their crap. So the pizza came and I made my kid go to the door. When the door opened, I heard my kid drop the change all over my hardwood floor. He took the pizza, placed it on the table and started picking up the change, handing it to her as he went. I was about to die laughing and was afraid she would hear me. She finally said that was okay and she left.

I went to pick up the change from the floor she didn't wait on, and it amounted to $.96. I'm glad he mostly went after the pennies and nickels first, all she got to walk out with was $.68. I couldn't have planned that one better myself.

I guess that $1.64 wasn't worth it to her if she had to jump through a hoop to get it. She would've got the rest of it if she would've waited, it's not his fault he couldn't hold a big handful of change and open a doorknob and a couple of deadbolts (teenagers are clumsy).

They ripped me off big time. They should've said carryout only or some such other nonsense on that coupon if they were worried about a delivery charge. Or minimum order required. They had their chance to get out of bringing an absolutely free pizza to me, but I guess that coupon would've wound up in the trash with the rest of them if they could've resisted promising me something for free.

Ra
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Da
      6th of Jul, 2011

you my sad friend are a cheap ###.. this delivery person has NOTHING to do with whatever coupons or offers that dominoes corporate office decides to offer, , im certain that this person would much rather be doing something else but is delivering pizza out of NECCESSITY ... i can only hope that purina never puts a coupon for free puppy food that you decide to use, , , because im sure you would kick the puppy for their arrogance, , , 1.64? really... what an ###

• Cu
      23rd of Jun, 2011

What a sad, pathetic person. Here in Anchorage we have a lot of petty, worthless people like that. There is always a delivery charge, get used to it and grow up.

• Ca
      26th of Feb, 2011

You are a [censor]. If you weren't too lazy to drive somewhere a few miles away, you would have paid nothing. I hope your child cannot do anything more than be a delivery person when he is old enough to be beyond college. If your child gained your intelligence, then it's guaranteed that your child is not going to be in college. So, that horrible high school education that your child is going to receive, ot at the fault of the teacher, but at your fault due to the lack of comprehension your child is going to go through, will end up meaning that he is going to get a job as a delivery person. I really do hope that your child only runs across people like you, too.

• Nx
      4th of Feb, 2011

Ummm. I work at a Dominos Pizza, and There is always a delivery charge, which infact is not considered to be a tip, and the driver doesn't see a dime of that. If your gonna have someone bring you your food, you should have the decentcy to give something. even if its 50 cents.. ANWAYS, 1.64? seriously, the place i work at the delivery charge is 2.25. just because you have a free coupon doesnt mean you get it brought to you free, if it was carryout thats a different story, you would of paid nothing.

19th of Jan, 2011

You should be embarrased to be so cheap lol

19th of Jan, 2011

No doubt what a [censor] lmao... your whining about 1.68 wow.

• Br
      26th of Jul, 2009

HOW CAN YOU SAY YOUR CHILD WAS WHINING FOR FOOD. MORE A LESS YOU ARE A BAD TIPPER, NO PROBLEM BUT YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO BE GIVEN TO A PERSON WHO WILL RISE IT NOT COLLET MONEY FROM THE GOVERMENT AND SIT HOME DOING NOTHING BRADFORD

• Al
      16th of Jul, 2009

I can't believe that you thought that this was an acceptable way to treat another human being. It should be the delivery person complaining about you are your unbelievable rudeness. This is totally unacceptable.

• Ej
      7th of Jul, 2009

You are a rude and arrogant person. If you knew anything you would know that this had nothing to do with the driver. It is a company thing and you should have called somebody higher up. When people work for tips they do not make minimum wadge, they make much, much less. If you do not tip them then they are essentially paying for you to eat your meal because they are taxed on your food. Although the coupon was misleading you were rude, and I would not deliver to you. There is in fact a delivery fee because the gas prices are so expensive. You were very wrong in giving the person not the whole delivery fee because not only were they taxed on YOUR meal but they had to pay whatever money your child dropped. Instead of making some poor delivery worker, probably trying to put themselves through school, you should have instead spoken with the manager who was actually the cause of what went wrong with that order. Shame on you for thinking you were right in this situation. I hope the driver spat on your pizza.