Having problems with Blockbuster?

+1 866 692 2789 (By Mail or Online Purchases)
+1 800 406 6843 (Store Membership)
+1 303 723 1000 (Corporate Office)
PO Box 9040
SatClosed
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved penalties

I was charged a penalty for a late return on 2 x DVD's. I had returned these rentals on my to work before the shop had opened. When I went to rent more movies I was told that they deducted units due to a late return. According to there system I had only return them at in the afternoon. Who gives them the right to deduct units without my knowledge? Why were they booked in so late? There is a problem in the shop and now they want to make me look bad. I have sent email after email for a week now, but have had no feedback at all. I want my units returned, and I want to be reimbursed for being embarresment caused by them. And my record must be cleared. I know there are penalties for late return and would glady pay if I new it was late. But this time I know for a fact the shop is in the wrong. They basically stealing my money!

dvd mail service - tv series

We recently switched from Netflix to Blockbuster DVD mail service. However, we've found a new problem with Blockbuster. We wanted to try viewing a new TV series. Blockbuster sent the first disk immediately. The second disk was listed as very high demand. So, Blockbuster sent disks 3 and 4. We watched disk 1 and sent it back, thus receiving disk 5 of the series. We waited several weeks for disk 2 to drop demand. It didn't, so we had to return unwatched disks 3-5 to continue our rental service. That was three months ago. Disc 2 is still on very high demand. This seems to be the case for not only the series we wanted to watch, but any series with multiple disks. We've contacted customer support, but the reply told how to change the wait times in our queue and did not solve the series disc 2 problem. We replied that their solution wasn't fixing the problem and we've heard nothing back. Based on this poor customer service, we do not recommend Blockbuster for mail order DVD!

• Ke
    kejiangke Sep 27, 2006

My membership is to the end of this month. I still have available movies in my list. They you stop mail me the movies two weeks earlier. This is really a bad way for business. :-(

Also Blockbuster was getting slower and slower to mail in the movie comparing to the first month. :(

• Ck
    ckm Dec 28, 2006

I cancelled my account, removed all DVDs from my queue, and returned all movies within the specified time period. Blockbuster Online, a week after I canceled and with nothing left in my queue, sent two DVDs without my knowledge. I did not request the DVDs, and I never wanted to use the service ever again. I have now been charged for the two DVDs forcibly sent after cancellation.

I only used the Blockbuster Online service for two months, and I cancelled because of extremely slow service, and missing, incorrect or broken DVDs. The Blockbuster Online website shows an Internal Server Error when I try to make contact, and when I call, I am put on hold for over 20 minutes only to be disconnected. Now almost two months after I cancelled, I have to deal with unauthorized billing because my financial information is still on record.

Do not use this service.

• Sc
    Scott L Evans Apr 09, 2007

I feel your pain. Blockbuster has been merrily extracting 20 bucks per month from my credit card since January. Not once did I receive an invoice, for if I had I would've immediately cancelled. They (the lawyers who drew up the rental agreement) led this ol' boy into believing I'd entered what they called 'a free trial' period.

If so, then What gives them the right to charge your account if you haven't rented or purchased a DVD. Do they charge you each month just for the 'honor' of perhaps... maybe... doing business with them someday. No. Apparently they feel their entitled to dip into your account and provide squat in return. (iTunes will at least notify you, even for something as small as a 99 cent song purchase.)

No, you're right: Blockbuster do sucketh, big-time.

• Sc
    Scott L Evans Apr 09, 2007

Thought I might add this, an excellent way to express your grievance to others so as they may not be duped. I've decided to tack on this little bit of info to all of my posts at IMDB.com

So anyone reading one of my posts at Internet Movie Data Base will also read this signature...

"Don't do business with Blockbuster -- and by no means give them a credit card number... Specially under the guise of entering a 'free' trial.

Janis Hardin Sep 28, 2007

Blockbuster SUCKS!

• Ry
    Ryan Keith Waddill Feb 03, 2008

I have never found it so hard to apply for a job online. I cant find any site that will let me apply to blockbuster wihtout having to forward me to Spam sites and stuff i don't want. I just want to freaken apply.

• Ni
    NICOLEBAKER827 Mar 06, 2009

JANET TYLER...THE STORE MANAGER AT THIS BLOCKBUSTER YELLED AT ME, WAS SWEARING AT ME AND THEN THREW MY MOVIES AT ME!

Madlib Mar 18, 2009

Both of you are ###in ###s. This does not justify the manager's unprofessional response, regardless of the circumstances. If the person did cop an attitude and the manager was unable to reason with her, then all she had to do was politely ask her to leave and provide the woman with the phone number of her district manager. I hope you slack jawed apes aren't managers anytime soon.

Max Nie Apr 28, 2009

I got a message on my cell phone yesterday from (781) 905-3997. Supposedly it was from Blockbuster, and they said that I had a late movie and they would bill my credit card if I didn't contact them ASAP. I called the number and the person on the line hung up on me when I asked questions.

Steven Riley May 30, 2009

very rude over the phone unproffesional, use of profanity over the phone. will report to better bussiness bura.

Michaelb Jun 23, 2009

Really, I cant explain what happened but one bad phone call is hardly enough to report on. I'm sorry they were rude, but thats just one phone call. Did you call back and ask to talk to the store manager ?

Michaelb Jun 23, 2009

I dont think thats from blockbuster. Have you tried calling your local blockbuster, to see if you really do have a bill? The number you listed is unpublished. a reverse look up shows-This number is a land line based in Malden, MA. I wouldn't be so quick to blame Blockbuster, anyone can say there from X company.

• To
    torn09 Aug 14, 2009

We been getting the automated calls saying "Chris Davis" has rentead a PS2 game and its due by August 15. If not returned, then a sale charge will be applied. The call back number starts with 407. And it belongs to Verizon. This is a fake call and we been getting this since past two weeks.

Charlied72 Oct 25, 2009

Well what did you do to him?

• Li
    Lilyvolpato Jan 02, 2010

I have a complain about how a blockbuster manager have a bad customer service, she is very rude and disrespectful.The BB store is the one on 1900 north federal hwgy.

• Le
    leungmlau Jan 04, 2010

Blockbuster tried to rip me off. They overcharged me for a movie purchase and refused to refund me the difference. Only after arguing with them did they finally give me my money back. The people at the Victorville branch were rude and extremely uncooperative.

StaN80 Jan 14, 2010

Took an trial offer which said one month free, on subscribing for the free trial offer i was charged. I complained and asked for refund they say they cant b'cox i ticked the Terms & conditions box.

That to me is unfair, no one reads a 2 pager T&C's for subscribing DVD's! Clear case of taking customer for a ride.

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Jan 14, 2010

clear case of you didnt read so you need to honor the contract.

i hear this all the time and i work in the loan business...

well i didnt read that second page cause
    i was in a hurry, or i didnt think it was important cause it was just a loan or im a dumbass and should read the fine print before signing a contract for ANYTHING!

BARTLETTGIRL79 Mar 29, 2010

THEY WITHDREW 21.00 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. HAD LATE CHARGES IN JAN. THEY SAID THEY SENT OUT LETTERS IN JAN.. NEVER RECIEVE ONE LETTER THEN SEND OUT AGAIN IN FEB WELL ITS MARCH 29 AND THEY JUST TOOK IT OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED BY PHONE OR MAIL. THEY DIDNT GET PERMISSION TO WITHDRAW THAT MONEY.. BE AWARE!!! NETFLIX WILL HAVE MY BUSINESS MOVING FORWARD!

christa2000 Mar 29, 2010

Consider yourself lucky that they took the money from you. In our case we didn't get notified and they turned it over to a collection agency right away. All while we were thinking we could keep the movie and they would charge our account for it.

BARTLETTGIRL79 Mar 29, 2010

well Im not to say that I wasnt willing to pay for the charges... i was if I KNEW but heck that was back in Jan and its now two days from APRIL?!?!!? LOL... i cant even remember passwords much less a movie i rented for two days and was a day late.. LOL...

• Je
    Jesse Allen Jul 06, 2011

I rented a DVD from BlockBuster and returned it on time. I was still charged a late fee.

I feel that BlockBuster could be more accurate when keeping up with what time DVD's have been returned!

nottootickledpink Jul 11, 2011

The only thing blockbuster is good for is getting a dvd quick, and really buy bulk dvds for cheap which is whats keeping them alive.. Go to netflix seriously they make up for thier mistakes and dont charge late fees, even if a dvd is lost they accept it as them and fix the problem veyr good customer service as well

• Lo
    Louise2106 Aug 26, 2013

I went into Blockbuster store in Fallowfield tonight 27/08/13. I bought two dvd's and then found out when I got home one had the wrong DVD inside. Now Iam going to have to go out of my way to take time and find out why this happened. My children aren't very happy!

unauthorized charge on my credit card

I signed up for "Free" month-long trial. I returned DVDs to local store and then I cancelled at end of the free month. I received an email confirming the cancellation.
Blockbuster didn't erase the movie queue they'd had me set up, and sent another DVD after the cancellation. I took it back to the local store, unopened, and handed it to a clerk, explaining the situation. Now, about six weeks since the cancellation, I returned from a two week trip and went through a pile of mail, finding still another DVD from Blockbuster. I took it to the local store, unopened, and explained the situation to the clerk. She was not surprised, saying they must be behind back at the shipping area. She asked if I'd been charged and I said I had not (or so I thought). Then, returning home to my pile of mail, I found my Visa bill, showing a $16.08 charge from the day the cancellation was to have been effective. I called the number shown in the description area for the charge on the visa statement, and after a 20 minute call with a rep, Zan, that was difficult to understand, was told the best he could do was a half-refund. I insisted on speaking to a supervisor and that person, Johnny, refused to refund anything at all. He said my account had been reinstated (not by me!) and since I'd still been sent disks I should have known that was the case.
Obviously, I regret ever having dealt with a company that must rely on theft in order to stay in business.

Resolved blockbuster always out of stock and rude!

I don't have time to write a long review of this terrible establishment since I am supposed to be babysitting my nephew, but I feel compelled to share my horrible experience when I made the mistake of entering this business earlier this evening.

I arrived to rent a movie with my nephew for him to watch tonight and there were two that he really wanted to see: The Transformers and The Simpsons The Movie.

I didn't have time to search the entire new release wall for two DVDs so I approached the front desk and asked him for either of the movies I listed above. The grumpy cashier no doubt making minimum wage told me "We don't have either of those in yet". I couldn't believe it because it seems like every time I go to Blockbuster they NEVER have the movie I'm looking for. I don't even know why I have a membership. After explaining how it would make sense to order more copies of popular movies so they would not keep running out and waiting for one to be returned in order to satisfy my needs, I scoffed and said "Great now I have to go disappoint my nephew" and turned away even though he looked like he was about to say something because I had heard enough and I was not about to end my call with my coworker.

In the end, we ended up renting some puppet movie called Force America which I hope my nephew is watching right now (or sleeping). I just couldn't let this injustice that Blockbuster keeps forcing me to endure stand. I doubt I will return to that place of business again.

BazookaJames Jul 27, 2012

In Michigan we get ten cents on the deposit.

• Re
    RegularsOfMy3cents Jul 27, 2012

No - - they didn't have the movies you were looking for because THEY HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED ON DVD YET!

You must be a wonderful babysitter if you don't even know if your nephew is watching a movie or sleeping.

So please consider that I'm scoffing at you as you've just got to be every retailer's nightmare.

• Re
    RegularsOfMy3cents Jul 27, 2012

Yes I did. Thanks for the reminder.

• Th
    The Old Sheriff Jul 27, 2012

For the love of stapler, tell me it isn't so.

• elisastarr79 Jul 29, 2012

Regular, cary, brenda and the rest of u with no lives and so pathetic u search sites to hurt people because u r all sad, lonely and have NOTHING but ur computers!!! SAD SAD SAD SAD PATHETIC EEEEEEVVIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL, so full of hate that u don't even fit in the category of "human" "people"! must suck to be so miserable about urselves! I couldn't imagine feeling so disgusted and ashamed of myself that I have to "Troll" around looking for people to hurt! I'm from Seattle and this is for u trolls!

Comments

• Sh
    Sheriff's Aunt Jul 29, 2012

Suddenly feel like watching Charade and Suspicion.

lana needs training in providing good customer service

Asked male associate for videos "Skyline" and "Black Swan". He said none available and none have been returned. Looked around for other videos for about 20min. Went to register and was assisted by Lana. Saw both videos had been returned and asked to let me rent them. She handed them to me and before I could pay took "Black Swan" out of my stack and handed it to a little boy. I said "what are you doing?" Lana stated that child had been waiting for video over 5 minutes. I said "and we've been waiting over 20." She said very rudely "Sorry, but you didn't ask me." Male associate said "they were waiting before the little boy." She just ignored him. My fiancee' and I have been renting from Blockbuster for many years and never have we been treated so rudely and unprofessionally as today. Lana needs training in providing good customer service!

Resolved late fees

Copy of what I sent Blockbuster--------->Hello, I have been a Blockbuster member for over 13 years, and I have hung in there through all the changes but, I can no longer be a member or customer for two reasons, (1) I am disabled and on a limited income and when I went into Blockbuster the gentleman that worked there asked me "do you want to take care of your late charges?" I said "no, can I do it next time?" He said" sure no problem" that was great because I had very little money at that time. The problem was that next week Blockbuster ran my bank account for late fees $4.28 not a lot but I had .23 cents in my account so it overdrafted my account $38.00 x 2 so now I owe & 76.00 (2) I contacted "Tiffanne" the store manager which was no help she told me' well ma am its not our policy" Thats all good but when I have always paid my late fees in the past. I have spent thousands of dollars there. And she was unsympathetic and blunt to me that she wouldn't help me at all. When you have three children and to disabled parents and get a check every three weeks to live off of $76.00 and climbing is a lot of money when that could be food, or movie rentals, or gas and she could careless. Well that's very poor customer service and I will not be going back there anytime soon. I would like some contact back about this issue. I now have to close my bank account because I will never be able to get out of being in the negative at $38.00 everyday overdrawn over $4.28. All this over less then 5.00 when she could have provided my bank something so the overdraft charges could be stopped. One manager there told me that Blockbuster could reverse the charge and provide something for my bank, but Tiffanne wouldn't even discuss this or work with me.

• Em
    emelita May 16, 2010

I just went to this store at 20124 Ballinger Way NE Suite A Seattle Ballinger/ NE 98155 (206) 361-0218. Employee number 11591 store 52854

I been your lawful customer for so many years but today i think after that so many years i will not renew my membership when it expire. i will accept responsibility if i did loan a tape and will pay fine if i knew it is late but today at your store, i was humiliated with some other customer behind me, when the customer service person at this store said that he will place a note on my account that i have done this before. I always make sure all tape were on the bin at this store before it expire and if your people do not place or made a mistake not putting it asap on your computer and then they said i return it late, then how can i fight for something that i have no return slip.
    There are so many DVD retailers now that is competing at your store and it seems they are winning because of some attitude of your people. When i arrive at your store and with a coupon of non release I asked him where are the non-new released tape for my coupon and he told me on the middle so I went to the middle area and just pick something that is sitting on the rack and then told my grandson if he get what he wants to watch. At the counter when he told me a late charge again i said " what late charge?" I did place the tape I last borrow 2 days before it expire and he said i did not return the iron man, i said what iron man i did not borrow iron man. What upset me is when he said i have done this before, i said what are you talking about, i did clear that up the last time i borrow some tape that i place it on the bin the day it expired so it is not my fault if someone at your store do the return tape the next day.
    What upset me more is when he is charging me for the non released coupon for $5.00 which he said is new released, then i said " no " i got that in the middle of the isle where you said it is non new release. This person make a big humiliation on me and if only I am not with my grandson i will swear and make this thing big at that moment. He gave me the tape the ** 10 dead men**. When i got home i look at he computer if this tape is a new release and guess what? it was release on November 2008, two years ago. And he was charging me $5.00..that is a big rip off... Wonder if that will go to his pocket.

Employee number 11591 store 52854

I will make sure this will go to my facebook.
    Thank you for your customer service humiliation to me.

• Jt
    jtown24 Oct 03, 2011

How come people always use the disability excuse?

defective products

I purchased 6 movies & found one of them was defective. When I asked to exchange the defective one for a working copy, I was told, "Sorry, all sales are final". When I contacted Blockbuster Customer Care, I was told the same thing. So, once again, corporate America STEALS from the working man/woman.

chcrow Feb 28, 2011

Ok. If you give me money, & I give you a defective product, & refuse to make it right, what do you call that? Perhaps not theft, but at the VERY least, unethical. As for the drama comment, well, you sound like a Blockbuster employee, perhaps a manager, possibly someone who thinks Blockbuster made a sound business decision. By the way, something must have hit a nerve, because Blockbuster has decided to exchange the defective DVD, for a working copy. Have a nice day.

• Tr
    Trvkell Mar 01, 2011

LMAO
    However Blockbuster is bankrupt and they are liquidating all their brick and mortor stores, that is probly why you got a hassle.

chcrow Mar 02, 2011

Probably so. Wish I could have invested in Redbox. LOL

store full of rude employees

Every time someone in my family or I enter this store, the employees are ridiculously rude. They refused to let me used my husbands card to rent on the grounds that I "might be lying." We have the same, very distinctive, last name. They would not let my seventee year old daughter, who goes in there with me frequently and has her own card, rent for the same reason. When I went in to get my daughter a card in the first place, the young man at the register refused, saying "Sorry lady, the man of the house has to be the one to do this, " and my husband had to go get her the card. I am a professional with a doctorate degree, and find his comments sexist and highly offensive. On numerous occasions, I asked to speak to a manager (with various complaints) and the employees told me there was no one there, and no, they wouldn't call someone or tell me when a manager would be present.Needless to say, I have not been to this store in months. This store should be shut down.

• Sl
    slyfieldj Aug 25, 2011

I have to state that the merchant agreement with the credit card processors states that they should take reasonable security measures. Would you want your husband using your card without your permission? For all of the trouble Blockbuster has given me, this is not worth mentioning. If you are on his account, you should be able to rent without any problems, but you must use your own payment method. I'm surprised other merchants let you use his card.

Resolved triple charging

Ok i have had the service for two years now. Then june 4th, 2010 I was trippled billed for the online subscribtion for 21.59 twice at that amount then again 21.79 i dont know why the change in amount but on my statment thats what was billed from my bank account. Then when i called they stated that they already processed the refund on the account allowing 3-5 bussiness days. At that time my account bounced and they assured me that they would credit the over draft fee as well as the money that i was charged. So again i called when another check bounced 9th i called to find out what is going on with them and why no refund. Come to find out they didnt process the refund till the 9th. Ok so again they tell me its comming and the bank will refund the over draft charges as when they see the refund from them (blockbuster) How ever when i finaly got the refund today still no refund of the over draft charges. I call them on the phone once again after i called the bank they stated that it is up to the company to do the over draft charges when they are charged to your account. So i called blockbuster again they told me this time that its nothing they can refund they can only give back what they took from your account. And that they did any charges that happen after that with your bank they dont pay back. Not only that she also told me again that they may take up to ten business days and any charges they do not cover from the bank. Then they want you to take a survey on how u like the program yeah ok i will jump right on that. The Blockbuster is a scam! over charge but can not help you with the damage they do. Yes i should have had more money in the account to start but its the first of the month all bills are due and working two jobs as is still isnt enough money to go around when people screw you over like that. In the end my bank Oneida Saving Bank did give me the credit because they felt sorry for all the trouble that i had to go threw. But Blockbuster on the other hand.. Customer care sucks.

Resolved shady business practices

I have had sevral problems with these tricksters. At the current time it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact a customer service Rep for The Blockbuster Online. The form they post on their website will not submit due to "error on page". I have tried to access the form from5 different computers. Their is no such thing as a customer support email address and wait times are outrageous On their 1-800 number .For a regular 9 to 5 american who has more pressing things to do than deal with Blockbuster, this will not fly. Oh, and theyre closed on the weekends.
Blockbuster stores have a current practice of "holding" online trade in dvds in the store a couple of days to slow down the arrival of the next movie in your cue and limit the amount of videos you recieve on their "unlimited" Blockbuster Online accounts. This I was told this was to limit free trades and increase store revenue. I have worked in many Blockbuster stores in Georgia and have quite a few close friends. One of these friends who is a store manager admitted this practice when I asked why it took so long to ship videos when my online account indicated "recieved in store" status. He is a store manager.
Also unlimited plan subscribers are constantly subjected to price hikes of their plans when they recieve too many videos on an UNLIMITED status account.
My local stores have started closing at 9pm on weekdays already, charge late fees now despite their recent promotions of reduced late fees. Also several stores in my area have closed.
They are on their way out I believe parlty because of the bad economy, but also because of their poor, condescending customer service and shady business ethics.
I have empathy with my friends who may lose their jobs due to store closings. But I will be glad to see this business go.

Resolved poor customer service

I took my son to purchase new movies for our collection, like we do bi-monthly all of the time. I thought it was odd that after 40 min of shopping, not one employee asked if we had any questions with choosing our selection.I unconsciously blamed it on my sweatpants, anyway i proceed to check out and the man asked, "you don't plan on using a check today, do you?"in a rude tone, I stated no, then asked him "why, you don't take checks."He said yeah, but not if your not a member, the rude employee did not even ask me when checking out if i was a member or not, it didn't matter to me, even though being a member that my money should be as good as anyone's.He force himself to look at me again with a stack of movies in each hand and said "do you plan on doing the 4 for 20 with these", I looked and stated no, but with the ones in your other hand I do.He then said "Oh, i was going to say!I then told him, believe it OR not I can read.And I will say that the only reason I continued to purchase the movies is my son had picked out 5 out of the 9 movies that we looked for.And if my child was not with me I would have told the employee how displeased i was with his people skills. I just find it hard to believe that someone could be so arrogant to a customer that was making them a sale.I will not be giving blockbuster #90561, employee #36251 my business any more.

• Ka
    kasey gerard Jan 30, 2010

ive had my shoare or snotty employees with bb too.

• So
    SomeoneWhoWorksAndBuys Mar 22, 2010

Wow, from your attitude & what he said, I'd say you were the one rude. You sound like one crazy-a** customer & he was just trying to do his job. Was he actually using a "rude tone" or was that just your own take on it?

"I then told him, believe it OR not I can read." - Now THAT is rude, in my opinion. Even if there was a sign RIGHT NEXT to the guy, I'd still say "oh, yeah, I know" or something.

While I wasn't there & can't say for sure, you're the one that sounds out of it, to me! And NOTHING the guy supposidely said seems like anything I would take offensively. Maybe I'm just way more laid back than you? :)

BTW, from my perspective, MOST customers CAN'T read, or just don't feel like it. Three times in a row, just the other day, I had to tell people that if you buy one, you get one half off. And I know they didn't know before since they went back and got another shirt when I said it. Sign's right above the racks too.

Resolved unauthorized debit charges

Several months ago I noticed an unauthorized charge on my account from Blockbuster.com - I am a library user. Why would I RENT movies when I can get them for FREE at my library? I have never been a customer with them, and don't plan to.

So I disputed the charges, and got a refund. To be safe, I also got a new debit card, in case my number had been phished.

Guess what just happened again? Once is an accident. Twice is idiocy. I'm not sure what kind of business they're running, but it's really inconvenient to have to keep clearing this up. It's comforting to see I'm not the only person here who's had issues with them - I can't believe they're still in business with such shoddy practices.

Resolved unfair charges

Resolved steal from customers by fine prints

I was forced to buy my rental DVDs. When they were making me to be member everything was smooth and easy. If I am late they would charge me the cost of DVD and refund it when I bring it back. When I was late more than a certain time (it was fine print and they never mentioned earlier) they sold it to me.
I claimed that for any buying and selling there should be a customer satisfaction. Answer was "sorry!". then I said if I have to buy these DVDs then give me something better. It has scratches and product is not good. At least give me something newer. Answer "Nope!".
I cancelled my membership. They do not care.
I went Netflix ( I do not want to advertise, sorry but it is working) I save my loss in few months. They mean what they say.
I think all customers should say bye to blockbusters.
I forgot to mention, I dropped the DVDs to store earlier, it was sold to me and was reserved on the shelf. When they open the shelf to deliver my compulsory sold item, shelf was full.
Many others are with me.
Thanks for reading this.

Resolved 2 wire media point player

I first want to say stay away from Purchasing Blockbuster's 2 Wire Media point Player ..Its absolutley been the worst experenced, and it just got worse..ok first i odered the product on 11-14-2009 and then i tryed to cancel it on November 15th 2009 and online status, it was not shipped, they emailed me and said we cant cancel the order, you have to get the product first open the box and then give them the serial number of box, by the way there office is only open Monday- Friday unless you want to E-mail them.So need less to say it was on tuesday Nov 17th 2009 I finaly got ahold of a real person on the phone, The representive said.I just canceled your order .Here is your confirmation Number.I said can you send an email letting me know that i canceled it, she said Im not allowed to do that, but a different department handles that..> What A joke < So anyhow 1 hour later after getting off the phone with representive.I received an E-mail saying this > we have shipped your order.. so i waited for the regular mail cause thats how they ship the Box.I reeived a knock at door on Friday 11-20-2009 it was ups they shipped the box ups, what another joke with the company of blockbuster...so anyhow i called up the number to activate box..which the representive was outstanding, very proffessional...she even helped me walk me through all the steps..so that was great..Ok heres where it gets worse.remember when you buy this unit you get 25 free movies which are already programmed in this box.so i found a movie that night and then rented it, in the mean time, i recieved a phone call from>guess who? yeah you guessed it.Blockbuster On line Demand service Department..unbelieveable.. They said sir I wanted to inform you that We have received your repsonse to cancel your order.> Keep in mind its been 6 days since i tryed to cancel this order..so anyhow, i didnt even bother telling rep i laready received box, i was too frustrated..oh it gets worse LOL . So i watch my movie which not knowing if i was charged for $ 3.99 or not, so i contacted the company on saturday by email, Rep E-mailed me back and said sir we dont handle this problem.contact the department that handles it. in reply I said what department ? and of course no reply back.so after a few hours later, received E-mail from customer service stating if you need help with this down load problem, click on this link..which is live chat support online..So i explained to the Rep what had happen, and Rep said .if i were you, I would keep renting movie and see if you get charged, What a stupid thing to say... and so he said did you rent the movie, of course i rented the movie, which i just got through telling you in this thirty min chat..Un belivable...so i told him, i was going to report this company to Better business Bureau..so in closing I have the box, which i cant rent any movies if i do, i dont know if i will have to deal with all sorts of stress and drama..and to make matters worse There closed till monday at 800am...

Resolved scam artists

I rented a movie. Returned it a day early..Got a late fee charge in mail a couple days later. Went straight to the store and talk to assistant manager.. Who found the movie and said it had been rented to someone else since I had returned it. She told me the boy who rented to me had been fired. Then I receive another charge in the mail for the same movie for a whooping 29.89 ! I called the store and talk to the manager, who told me to pay 4.50 Late fee and it would be forgotten. I said no way, I know I returned it and saw it in the assistant managers hands !!! Was that enough? No...I ask for the owners name and phone #, was told I could not have it !! Today I have received a letter from a collection agency ( credit protection association.Lp)13355 noel rd, dallas tx 75240 ) for a collection amount of $ 46.88 !! No one wants there hard earned credit messed with !!! It is an outrage !!! Please, please help !! Have left many messages for owner to contact me, he refuses !! Help (keep in mind I saw the movie and case in the asst. Managers hands !!...

Resolved mistakenly charged my card

I have been a loyal customer for Blockbuster for a good 6 years now. I always bring my movies back on time and always make sure if I don't, I pay them right away. I also have their rewards program that you have to pay extra for, and I've had this since I have been a customer.

Basically what had happend was, I rented a game. I made sure I brought this game back 2 DAYS before it was due back, that way I gave the employees ample time to get it from the bin, check it in, and put it back on the shelf. Well, I go to my bank the other day and deposit some money. My bank teller tells me I am negative $57. I look at her and go there is no way. I have nothing huge pending, and I haven't made any big purchases in god knows how long. She looks up my statement and tells me that Blockbuster took out $63.99 and then returned it the same day. But because I didn't have enough money in my account, I was charged an over the limit fee. Now, since I had things pending from before this happend, when everything from the previous days came out, there was no money in my account to clear it, so everytime one of my purchases came out, I was charged another over the limit fee. After everything had came out, I was charged a total of $150 in fees. I'm a fulltime college student, I don't work, and I just picked up selling Avon as a way to try to get some sort of money in my pocket until I can find a job. That is my only source of income, and now since my bank account is negative, when I go to put any sort of money in my account, it's going to just suck it up.

I was livid with the fact that they took this amount out since I know for a FACT I returned this movie myself 2 days before it was due. I get to the Blockbuster and tell them that there must be some mistake. They look up the account and tell me that the movie was checked in on 8/31/09 at 6:50 PM. I tell them there is NO way that somebody returned it at that time because nobody on the account was in town at the time, and nobody went to Blockbuster to begin with that day. I told them that this isn't the first time they had mistakenly charged mine, or my friends card because my friend is still going through a dispute with this SAME Blockbuster because they charged his card almost $80 for a game he "never returned". He went down there and looked at the shelf. The game he just so happend to rent only had two copies in the entire store and when he got there, low and behold, the 2 copies were sitting on the shelf. The representative apologized and said the money would be refunded, and that was over a month ago and he still hasn't recieved any sort of compensation for their mistake. The manager told me that it was there mistake but they don't refund any over the limit fees caused by their mistake. I calmy tell them that this is unacceptable and I'm not taking no as an answer. This was their mistake and I shouldn't have to lose that much money because of them. They tell me that they will call my bank manager and talk to them. I take that and leave.

They call my bank manager and my bank manager tells the Blockbuster manager that the bank is not going to refund any sort of over the limit fees because this was not a bank error, it was their error. The Blockbuster manager tells her that they don't do this and they are going to have to refund the money themselves. Again, the bank manager tells her no, she needs to. This goes back and forth and finally the Blockbuster manager hangs up.

I call the Blockbuster manager back and ask her what's going on with them refunding my money because something needs to be done soon. She tells me that my BANK needs to refund me, not them. I tell her, listen, you've talked to my bank manager already and you've talked to me. I don't know how many people need to tell you that the bank is NOT going to refund ANY money if it is not their fault. She tells me that that's the situation and that's it. I told her I will be contacting the district manager and headquarters. She hung up on me.

I then called the district manager 3 times within the week and have not heard anything back from him. I called headquarters twice and got the run around every time. I was told first that a district manager would call me within 24 hours. I didn't get a call so I called headquarters back the next day and was then told it could take anywhere up to 72 hours to get a call back. I am then told that if it was a Blockbuster error, they will pay back my over the limit fees, whereas 2 days earlier I was told that they don't do that and I will have to have the bank pay me back.

I am so disgusted with the amount of customer service I have recieved. They refuse to realize that this problem has arised because of THEIR mistake. They have openely addmitted to me, my boyfriend, my mother AND my bank manager that it was their fault, but they are not refunding me my money. I have reported them to both my state's Better Business Bureu, and the Consumer Protection Agency. I will keep calling back until I get an answer and if I don't get this issue resolved I will have no option but to file legal documents and take them to court to get my money. I think this is unacceptable for a company that is nationally known to act like this and have such poor customer service. It's not enough that they are charging people's cards as they see fit, but the fact that they act so non-chalantly about an issue that one of their LOYAL customers have. I will be taking my business somewhere else, and I will be letting everybody in my area know of this problem and referring them to other businesses as well. I really hope I get this issue resolved soon and hopefully I will get a call back ASAP. I would suggest taking your business somewhere else if you would like to keep your money in your account where it belongs.

• Lo
    Lori Deans Sep 22, 2007

I'm really ticked off... I've had blockbuster online for about a year now...I really like it... I get 3 movies in the mail that I can exchange in the store for more... they just raised my plan from $17.99 a month to 24.99... & they took away the once a month free coupon for a game...that's complete crap... I could see them raising it a little... but by $7.00?... seriously rude... like they don't make enough money... everything is always about greed & how much can we screw people over...

• Valerie Oct 28, 2007

Blockbuster - www.blockbuster.com

It seems Blockbuster even limits complaints on its website. When I attempted to register my complaint as I was canceling my online account the page kept me from doing so. Now I'm forced to complain on an open site instead. The company recently changed its "Total Access" to extremely LIMITED access. It now costs 99 cents per night for local rentals. Further, the program to exchange online mailers for local brick and mortar rentals has changed as of this Tuesday so that the customer is no longer able to use the DVD for more than 1 night. The employees who had been working that very night at Newark, New York's store did not really understand this and had told every customer who walked through the door that the DVDs would be due 8 days from that night. I understand that local employees would at first be confused by the new pricing policy. What I will not tolerate is that the young woman who checked out my DVD today told me to my face that I was wrong that they didn't understand the policy. That the customer is EVER wrong is a bad practice and I am glad that I did not buy stock in Blockbuster when I had the chance. It seems the company is so desperately in trouble (the receive a D grade from my broker where Netflix is a B+ "buy" recommendation) that they will say and do anything to rip off the few good customers they have.

• Kh
    K. Horrocks Jan 16, 2008

I signed up for Blockbuster's online services and was billed a monthly fee. Since I never used the services, I did not give them my new credit card number when it expired in July of 2017. They continued to email me stating that they needed the new card number. I ignored the emails, since I wanted to cancel anyways. Last week my wife noticed that they had continued to charge our expired credit card since July. When I emailed them, they wouldn't even answer my questions about the expired card. It doesn't even look like they are reading my emails, just sending me some stock response that has nothing to do with my complaint. I'm now on my third email and they will still not discuss the expired Visa. I have told them repeatedly that I do not want my money back before the card expired, even though I didn't use their services once. I only want the money they have stolen off an unauthorized card after the expiration date in July. I even contacted Visa to see if they had given them my new card expiration date (they claimed they didn't). Blockbuster won't even address the expiration issue, but keep saying things that have nothing to do with my emails.

And here's the kicker. Even though I canceled my account officially the first time I sent them an email, they charged my expired card for another month afterwards. When I sent another email asking why they hadn't canceled my account, they wouldn't even address the card being charged after my cancellation.

Please beware. I don't want anyone else to have to go through this. I am still hoping to resolve this amicably, but am contacting my bank and if necessary, an attorney. Are there any class action lawsuits against Blockbuster on this issue...

• Valerie May 21, 2008

I was tired of Blockbuster using my checking account as their own IOU fund (no late fees means they help you buy the movie when it is late and if you bring it back within 10 days...you get a store credit but not a refund), so I decided to cancel and switch to netflix. I deleted all the movies in my Q and returned the last of my movies.

I tried to cancel my membership at the store but they said Blockbuster Online is a different division of the company. I had to cancel online. So, I went home and cancelled. The next morning I checked my bank account and discovered that Blockbuster charged me $61 for the movies I turned in 12 hours earlier.

They won't resolve the issue saying that I am no longer a member and am not eligible for in-store credit. So, I get to keep 3 crappy movies that cost $20 each. Their previously viewed movies sell for 4 for $20. Go figure!!! The only positive I can think of is that there is a reason why their stock is about $3 a share and with this kind of ###ic management, they will hopefully go bankrupt soon.

• Qw
    Qwerty Jul 14, 2008

You need your head examined.

• Bd
    BD Aug 06, 2008

I found out that if you do'nt return a movie by the due date (even though they claim no late fee's) they help themselves to your bank account because they keep your debit or credit card on file, they then charge you the sale of the movie with no warrning and no receipt to indicate a transaction has taken place from your account, then when you turn in the movies they are suppost to refund your money to your bank account within 30-days, I had some bank fee's did some digging and found all kinds of charges by blockbuster!! suprise! It's on your agreement plan when you sign up to be a member in itty bitty print, next time I'll bring my attorney to help me fill out.

• K
    K Aug 23, 2008

Actually you don't get charged right after the due date, you get 10 days from the due date. Just to make sure you know they also give automated calls to let you know that something is going to sell. You have 30 days from that day to bring it back for a refund less a 1.25 restocking fee. If you can't manage to get a movie back in roughly 6 weeks... then I say that's your own fault. The people who keep them out that long are the same ones whining in the store when what they want isn't there. And on the note about the terms only being on the initial membership try reading a reciept, as every single one says the policy regarding late items at the bottom.

• Valerie Aug 25, 2008

I've had Blockbuster Movies on-line DVD rental service for 3 months now and have had many serious problems with poor service.

Three times already they sent me movies that were too damaged to play - and I tried them on two different makes of DVD players. When you get a damaged movie, you have to wait for them to re-ship the same title and you end up getting fewer movies for your bucks. The movies were so obviously deeply scratched that if they had a better quality control, the bad DVDs should never have been sent out in the first place.

Also, today they shipped me a movie I had already got through their Total Access plan. When you exchange a movie you received by mail for one from the local Blockbuster store, their system is supposed to remove it from your on-line waiting list (which they call the "queue") of the ones you want them to send you next. Sometimes they remove it, sometimes not. So then you have to wait for that same movie to come in the mail, send it back, and then wait for another one to come. This takes more than a week total!

Also, they have been slow to ship the next movie, even though they claim it will be sent within a day - this is by no means rare.

My last complaint: read about a movie I wanted to see, Blockbuster on-line didn't have it. I checked the Netflix site and they DID have it.

I will be dropping my Blockbuster on-line service as soon as the period I've already paid for expires.

• Valerie Sep 11, 2008

The date listed is approximate as this is an ongoing event. Having cancelled my Blockbuster Total Access account due to the economy, I received an e-mail asking me to REACTIVATE my account, at which time I would receive a two-week free trial and $25.00 deposited into my PayPal account at the end of the trial period. Of course, I reactivated only to find out that this offer is not available to previous customers. We had a go-round, I received my initial month's fee back (no $25.00, of course). Lo and behold, I received another identcial e-mail last week with the exact same offer. Of course, Blockbuster has no intention of following through as I am a former customer. WHY DO THEY CONTINUALLY SEND THESE OFFERS TO PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS IF WE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE? Is this not deceptive advertising? I do not want to receive any further e-mail or mail offers from Blockbuster.

• Valerie Sep 11, 2008

The Blockbuster store I am complaining about store #12377. It is located at 806 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Seffner, FL 33584.

I have been a Blockbuster customer for years and have never had a problem in any store I have gone into. I moved, and decided to go to above store; however I couldn�t find my card. I have always been able to use my Drivers License, but the guy at the counter said he couldn�t find my account, so I reopened another account at that location. I gave them my debit card information with the understanding that they were a legitimate, respected company and would use the information responsibly. I rented a couple of movies, and left them on the roof of my car as I drove off. They charged my card and then I proceed to rent more movies there. I usually rent about 5 at a time. I rented a few with no problems, and low and behold after just a couple of times renting at this store, they are now claiming I did not return a movie. I was checking my bank account online, and noticed a $10.69 charge from Blockbusters. I didn�t know what this charge was so I called and spoke with one of the associates. He informed me the charge was from Dora the Explorer that I did not return. I specifically remember returning that movie, because at first I couldn�t find the case and had to search my son�s room for it. I found it and when we got to Blockbusters I put the movies in the drop box and my son got all upset because he thought I threw his Dora movie away. I told him that I returned that movie and he said he would look. While I was on hold, I thought about it and I never received a phone call from them telling me I had a movie out late. I had recently changed my cell phone service and got a new phone number, so I thought that I hadn�t updated my phone number. When he came back and told me he couldn�t find it, I asked him to update my phone number. He sighed and asked me what my number was and I gave it to him. He said that was the number that they had on file for me. I didn�t specifically ever remember giving them my phone number, but asked him if they had my correct phone number why I didn�t receive a phone call about an over due movie, I may have been able to get this fixed 2 weeks ago. He then told me that the computer shows they did call me, and mentioned that I had a movie out that was one day overdue, and that I would start receiving phone calls tomorrow about it. I went on about the movie I just paid for that I do not have. He said he looked and they didn�t have it in their store. I told him that I would be in, to find out more about this. I went in and told him that I wanted him to find my movie. He took me to shelf where it would be and showed me that it was not there. He said that when I spoke with him on the phone that he looked in a mix match drawer. I asked him to look again, and he did not. I asked him if they had a defective drawer that it could have gotten thrown in and he didn�t respond and walked behind the counter to talk to another associate. He told me I could talk to the store manager tomorrow. It concerned me that he said my number was correct in the system, even though I didn�t receive any calls, that he says that computer shows that I did get, and also that he made no effort to look for the movie while I was in the store. When I left and got home, I thought about it and regardless if I could get this problem resolved store level, I would never return to that store again, because I think that something is not right there, I don�t think they look for movies, or care, or try and cover up their own mistakes at the expense of the customer. So I went on-line and emailed Blockbusters and explained the situation and told that I would never return to the store again, however whether or not I continue going to any Blockbusters ever again is dependent on whether or not I get my $10.69 back. I told them that there are way too many options out there to continue going to a company that took my money, which is what they did, because they took my money and I received no benefit at all from it. I don�t have the movie but I�m out $10.69. They have my movie somewhere and now have an extra $10.69. The next day I returned the movies that I had previously rented, when I returned my other movies and asked the girl at the counter to give me documentation that I returned these movies. She asked the same guy that I spoke with the day before how to do it, and he told her to print a history. She did and handed the receipt to me. It had notes on the receipt that he had put on my account about my visit with him yesterday, saying that I was upset and rude to him. I was absolutely upset, he was telling me I didn�t return a movie, that I did- he was telling me I got phone calls that I did not receive, and would not look for my movie while I was there in the store, even though he claimed to look for it while I was on the phone. I just kind of chuckled when I saw the comments on the receipt because in the end I get the last laugh. There went a large amount of money that I would have put into that store. One day he will grow up and realize that it�s customers that give him a paycheck, and if he continues acting the way he does and loses more customers, he�s going to be looking for a new job when it shuts down because it�s not making any money. He can say what he wants about me, in the end I�m one of the reasons he got a paycheck and that reason is gone. Though it doesn�t seem like a lot of money, it�s still my money. I work to hard for my money, for someone to just take it for no reason. I don�t have $10.69 to just throw away.

I have not received a phone call as of yet about my complaint so I guess Blockbusters doesn�t care if yet another customer is gone, because they got their $10.69. I will now post this on any consumer complaint board that I can find on-line.

• Valerie Oct 24, 2008

I have been with Blockbuster Total Access since they originally launched. Lately I've been receiving DVDs that are either unplayable to actually broken. The quality control is hideous and it can be seen at the local branches as well. They do not take care of their older DVDs or even replace them. Sure they ship fast, but I would rather have my damn movie work when I watch it. I can't imagine anything more frustrating while watching a movie than see it freeze up because of scratches.

I also tried to re-surface all these DVDs and some even twice but I could not get them to work to play all the way through the disc. Shame on blockbuster for becoming a Corporate mongrel with ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY.

I'm aware of the feature to send back damaged DVDs, but I'm not here to get something free. I want to talk to supervisor from Blockbuster and ask them "Where is your quality control?" They don't even list an 800 number to call and voice your complaints. You have to email them instead through a form that doesn't even reveal their email!

Anthony Nov 01, 2008

Wow, thats a horrible scam.

I really hate these companies. A very similar thing is happening to me with Microsoft Xbox Live. HORRIBLE!

• Am
    am_barker Nov 03, 2008

I have been renting from Blockbuster for some years and have never had a problem. I have paid late fees when I had them prior to Blockbuster changing the policy on "No Late Fees". I have now dealt with two issues within a month's time.

Recently, since the beginning of October, I had returned a dvd that was "late". Either way, it was returned and I was told that it was not in. After searching the entire store, they finally found the "lost" dvd. They had slipped it into a section that was considered to now be owned (after paying the dvd owner fee of $24.40). The dvd was returned one of the many copies it had. I still had to pay the ownership fee and now own a dvd that was orginally returned to the store.

Secondly, I received a call from Blockbuster saying that I had late dvds. I rent the dvds the same day I had supposedly never returned the last dvd. I returned those dvds two or three days after renting them out. I went into the store tonight and complained. The person at the counter wrote down the numbers and searched for them throughout the store. She found them both and took both late movies off.

She was very polite about it. But, now, after dealing with issues twice of "late" movies, I have decided to end my membership and make sure that this does not happen to anyone else I know, or they know.

So maybe now, Blockbuster's slogan should be "No Late Fees, now Own the Movie".

• Wo
    woodbury Nov 04, 2008

i am thinking that most people on this site are customers who expect others to bend over and let them rape the employee. do people not understand that you are not right all the time if you are the customer. a customer cannot just come in and say, hey change the rules i have rented here forever, bend over now. or hey i don't like that price change it, i am a customer here me roar just stop whining, and learn that customers are not the boss.

and most people should understand that if you are going to a rental service you should understand there is a contract for fees and others fines. you agree to it with the contract, don't you understand you should pay attention to whatever you sign.

PAY ATTENTION!!!

• Wo
    woodbury Nov 04, 2008

i dont think you returned your online movies, they can charge after a month that you have not returned your online movies.

• Ad
    Adam Jan 30, 2009

I ordered a game (that was in-stock) from their website, and they charged my credit card immediately. After a week and a half of waiting and my order had not shipped, they cancelled my order, saying they "can not fulfill", even though their website still shows the game as in-stock. After waiting for my refund and not receiveing it for a couple days, they told me it could take up to 14 days! They charged me immediately, never shipped the order, and they claim it could take up to 4 weeks after the order for me to get my money back? Terrible, and possibly illegal. I will never do business with blockbuster.com again. I still haven't gotten my money back.

• Pa
    Patrick Mar 18, 2009

I recently returned a movie late and expalined to th eclerk my son had beem in the hospital for 6 weeks and that I wante dto pay the late fee. He stated he understood and not to worry about it I did not owe anything. I just happened to check a credit card that I will not use anymore and found a $1.25 charge from blockbuster. That is BAD businees. I tried to pay the late fee, however the guy was "doing me a favor." I am glad I checked the account or this would have cost much more, because I have suspended all use of that account. I will visit the store tomarrow and let them know how I feel and cancel my account with these scam artists. There are cheaper and better places to rent from.

• Ga
    Garold Mar 24, 2009

I was first left a voicemail saying that a DVD was overdue. I called the Blockbuster, told them I had returned it without even watching the movie in its entirety, as it was not what I anticipated it being even with an actor like Anthony Hopkins. They kept on insisting I never returned it and it has been turned over to a debt collection service now, for less than $14.00, (Fourteen) they have lost a customer because they absolutely refused to even consider that it may have been one of thier employees (maybe a disgrunteled individual) had removed said DVD from the premises.

• Ho
    Horsedane Mar 28, 2009

I was going to write a movie review on blockbuster's website about Synecdoche, New York, the movie but decided to read all the 19 available prior to submitting mine. The membership "star rating" showed 3 full stars for this film. All 19 submitted reviews at the time of my reading them had NONE above a 2.5 star rating. How does blockbuster come up with a rating of well over the actual member rating but more so, WHY do they do it? I do rely on member reviews with SOME movies I rent...would have rented this one anyway but you tell me? What a stinky way to get people to rent a movie...lie about what people really think. So, I've learned my lesson and will NEVER rely on the star ratings again since they obviously manipulate them. Anything for a buck. Shame on Blockbuster.

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Mar 28, 2009

My guess is that that is not an average rating but Blockbuster's own corperate rating. Funny though how most of those movies are rated one and two. Not one is rated three. Perhaps the rating was from some other resource? Or perhaps some ratings were deleted. We never know.

Marc Mar 30, 2009

Here is something to watch...

If you keep your movies at home for a couple of days and then return them to Blockbuster, they usually process your queue quickly and ship your new movies the same day.

If you return your movies the day after you receive them, Blockbuster will not process them for several days and it will usually be two to three days before your queue gets updated.

As a network engineer and software developer, I’ve noticed these scenarios and the results are the same each time.

I have contacted Blockbuster several times by e-mail concerning this practice and I get generic replies back about not having enough available movies in my queue. Because I have over 300 movies in my queue, I find this hard to believe.

Barry May 03, 2009

Here I am sitting at home waiting for Blockbuster Online, of which I have been a loyal customer for two years, to send the set of movies next in line on my online queue. One week, two weeks, no movies. I send an email, and then I called my local store. Apparently, Blockbuster had changed the Blockbuster Online contracts right under our noses, and we can’t do anything about it?

My contract states that I get unlimited online rentals “Unlimited Mailings”, but I can only hold up to three at a time. It also states that I can, at any time, return one, or two, or all three of these movies to my local store in exchange for a free in-store rental, “Unlimited In-store movie exchanges.” For this plan I am paying $19.99 + tax.

Let’s say I get my first three movies in the mail, I watch them, then I head over to my local Blockbuster, return those movies, and get three totally free rentals. That Blockbuster store logs in the mail-ins and I immediately would get the next three movies on my queue. Within the next few days, I would have a total of 6 movies, the ones that I picked up in-store and the new three that I received in the mail for returning the others. This is great, and this is also the reason I chose the more expensive Blockbuster plan over the Netflix plan.

Now, under the new plan, Blockbuster requires that you return the in-store rentals prior to receiving your next mail-in movies. This will make it definite that I will only be able to have three movies at a time, whether online or in-store. Therefore, I am paying the same $19.99 + tax for fewer movies. Very smart on the part of Blockbuster, but I’m not having that crap. If we’re getting fewer movies, we should pay less. I really need people to take a look at this and tell me if they totally agree.

• Cu
    curious May 13, 2009

I realize this is an old post, but... if your credit card expired, how were they still able to charge you?

• La
    larry6905 May 17, 2009

I too experienced this and worse. We have been receiveing many scratched and unplayable movies. I tried all Sat to report and URL was down so I returned to the store marking the envelope as damaged. I email the company upon returning home and receive an email which is rude to say the least.
    They complain I didn't report before returning and then suggest as a solution for me to just return and get another video from store. Isn't this fraud? I paid for working DVD's and get attitude to boot!
    Has anyone a solution to this?

Michaelb Jun 23, 2009

Did you know they made on-lines, so they can be switched out with in store movies with no due dates. So you can keep your in store movies for a long time. However, they dont send your on-lines out until the in store movies are checked in.

James Jul 16, 2009

I went to return a game on the 2 out and 2 in thing and the manger said i needed a valid card on file because they cant charge my account and i said i am payed up to the 11 of next month she then started to mouth off to me and saying stuff to me i said i want the number to the corapation and she kept goin on i said shut the ###up and just give me the number and she said what and i said agin shut the ###up and give me the number she state i was banned from the store for saying that and when i looked at the number it was the number for there not the corapation number which i never got my rental or my money back.

• Mr
    Mrbeaver Jul 26, 2009

Ok, first off. We have used blockbuster for 10+ years. and this year we started using the switch the games out and get another one. well, the first time it was used it worked perfectly but then a couple of weeks later we go in and rent 2 games and 4 movies. the employee asks us if we want the 2 in 2 out deal. since at the time it sounded good and it was good in the past, we did it. then we came in the next day to flip out a game. i wanted the lego indiana jones instead of the non lego version. we came in very recently and when we went to get a new game in line we went up and the dude and employee said that we didn't have the deal. so we aksed him to look for it and said that is was not there. but the woman the day earlier said that we had it. aparently the reciept machine was broken so we didn't get a receipt with the actual purchase. so then we just left and i do not know if we will ever go back because of their poor service.

• Hu
    Huggy Fuzzleton Jul 27, 2009

I totally don't get what you're saying.

• De
    DENISE MOWRY Aug 01, 2009

WHEN DID IT BECOME GOOD BUSINESS TO CHANGE A CONTRACT WITH A CUSTOMER IN MID CONTRACT WITHOUT CONSULTING THE CLIENT FIRST. BLOCKBUSTER MUST NOT NEED TO KEEP THIER 12 YEAR GOOD CLIENTS. IM DONE. BYE BYE BLOCKBUSTER.YOUVE GOTTEN THE LAST OF MY $.RED BOX HERE I COME. SINCERLY DISSATISFIED&DISAPIONTED, DENISE FORMER MEMBER OF THURSTON OREGON BLOCKBUSTER.

• Mo
    Moonsinger Aug 07, 2009

I don't know anything about the PayPal deal, but few months ago, I received an email from Blockbuster asking me to REACTIVATE my account for a two week free trial. Naturally, I called them to confirm if the deal was for real since I was a previous member a few years back. They said "yes", so I reactivated my account and sure enough, I got the two weeks free trial plus the five free exchange at the local store during that two weeks. After my free trial was expired, I continued for another month, then canceled it just last week.

Although their offer to me was valid, I must warn you that Blockbuster can't be trusted. They do not honor their rental plan. Although I signed up for total-access-unlimited-three-out-at-a-time with the 5 free exchange at the local store per month, most of the time, Blockbuster would send out only 1 movie at a time. This would leave two empty slots on my queue about 99% of the time. This happen during the last two weeks before my cancellation. Blockbuster was absolutely wonderful during the free trial period and during the first two weeks of my paid membership, but after that I would be lucky to get three movies per week. Since I live just about a block from the local Blockbuster store, I have always returned their mails to the local store, this may explain why it may cut into Blockbuster's profits; therefore, they intentionally send out only 1 at a time and leave two open slots on my queue 99% of the time. Please don't get me wrong...I'm not really complaining...even with 3 movies per week plus the 5 free exchange per month, it still is a good deal. I just don't like their false advertising tactics. Therefore, I canceled my membership and probably will never do business with Blockbuster Online ever again. A dishonest company like Blockbuster will eventually come up with other scam to increase their profit margins. One of these days, they may claim to send out the movies but never do, then claim that we didn't return them, then charge us the full price for it. It will be just a matter of time before a dishonest company to resolve to this source of thing... They can count me out as their victim because my days with Blockbuster is over. For the rest of you out there that is still with Blockbuster, be careful! You are dealing with a dishonest company. Good luck!

• Cj
    cjmo75 Aug 21, 2009

I have had many problems at Blockbuster. among them is scratched discs, wrong discs, no disc in jacket, and poor customer service. I had one incident that I was so upset about I had to blog about it. If anyone is interested, the article is here:

• He
    hellonez Aug 21, 2009

I find that hard to believe.

• Ji
    jinny27 Sep 08, 2009

i went to my local blockbuster for the first time a week ago i got out mall cop and gangs of new york was told they were due back the following thursday. came home gangs of new york only had bonus disk in had to go back to the store and ask for another copy. the geek behind the desk seemed baffeld and said oh weve messed up.the girl who was ###ing about with the hoover with another co worker (was shocked by the immituraty of workers all school leavers) said your have to get another film. i picked up knowing went to the till and he ###ing charged me an extra 2.00 and told me it is a new release and it was due back sunday. i took knowing back on saturday and returned back to blockbuster yesterday to hire out more films and was then told mall cop was due back 4 days ago and i will be charged when i return it. what a load of ### they are no way charging me for a film they told me was due back this thursday. i am not impressed with blockbuster at all .

Charlied72 Oct 25, 2009

There is no contract on your membership information you can read that Blockbuster can change the rental terms with out notice. The policy changed in march nationally but was rolled out earlier in some markets.

Charlied72 Oct 25, 2009

If they flow off your roof once it could happen again.

• Jh
    JH Consumer Nov 05, 2009

Blockbuster has an illegal policy of refusing to issue receipts upon the return of DVDs. This violates Calif Code of Civil Procedure section 2075, which states: "Whoever pays money, or delivers an instrument or property, is entitled to a receipt therefor from the person to whom the payment or delivery is made, and may demand a proper signature to such receipt as a condition of the payment or delivery."

Last night, when I was returning three DVDs on November 4, 2017, I asked for a receipt. I was told, as I've been told many times before, "we don't do that and don't have any way to do that."

I explained how, years ago, Blockbuster wrongfully charged my wife and I for a video that we returned by placing it in a Blockbuster dropbox. In response to the wrongful charge, my wife and I spent hours communicating with various levels of the corporation, but eventually caved in and paid so that we could keep our credit records clean.

Last night, I was fed up. I asked to speak to the manager. The girl said she was the manager. I asked that she call whoever she would call if there was a problem. She refused. I asked her for a handwritten receipt with her first and last name. She refused.

I took the videos and walked out. She accused me of stealing in front of other customers and employees. I told her that when I get a valid receipt, I'll give her the videos.

If any reasonable attorney is looking for a plaintiff for a class action suit, please contact me.

Joe
    Area code (eight zero five) two five eight - six zero nine one

• Ss
    Ssim Dec 02, 2009

I recieved a charge on my credit card for $19.01 in April, saying I had signed up for the online service and will be billed each month for this amount unless they decide to change the amount. It is at their decreation to make changes when ever you want. I contacted my credit card company to say I had not signed up for this account and please credit my account. I was later sent paperwork showing, Susan (My name is not Susan) had applied for the account using my credit card, her name and address. I can infact cancel this account at any time, but I do need an account number and password. Since I did not sign up for this account I have neither. They have responded with the fact that they cannot cancel this account because I do not have any athority to cancel since it is not in my name. However they seem to think they have athority to charge my charge account every month for $19.01. The report also showed there had never been any activity on this accound. How this happened I do not know but I do intend to correct it.

Maryellen777 Dec 21, 2009

My grandson recently had a bad fall and many stitches in his face. While waiting on the MRI his big sister told me that the nice man at night at the Blockbuster had acknowledged her each trip there and knew her to buy the popcorn box gift, for many friends for several occasions. We went in and picked out all the treats to put in it. The night manager picked up the phone and talked for at least 3 to 4 minutes while trying to look up my name. When she finally hung up I told her my daughter had the card in the hospital. We offered her our cell phone to call and she refused. We called the mother in the hospital and I demanded she talk to her. She did and refused the sale which did include the rental of a movie. I offered to buy the movie and she said they did not have another one. We went back to the shelf and brought another up and she still said no. By this time I was enraged. She did mention two other men could buy or rent and I called my daughter again. She said it could only be her husband and her father my Husband. I had moved aside long before so that other customers could be served and one of them got into my face. I will not discuss here what I told him. She told me she was calling the police and I told her please do so. That I would like very much to sue her and the company for bad customer service, with a jury panel. She put the phone down. My husband had been called and he was one of the signers. He bought the package and we found one of the child's favorite candy bars missing. My daughter's mother-in law called and was told it was in the package. She said no we had searched the car and the package. We asked to come down and get another and she said no we would be credited. I am sure the woman who constantly told us she was a manager followed policy to the letter but what about human concern and concern for a little boy in the hospital crying at the very time we were in a word "battle". This woman had the nerve to say "God Bless You" as I left. I am also going to have to go to confession to talk about what I said to her. Blockbuster has no compassion for anyone. Just a big Business not the nice little store down the street as my granddaughter told me. One of my gifts to the family is a mail in video computer site.

Josiepc Jan 17, 2010

I just encountered the same problem and I'm outraged. The company is masking their practices by hiding new rules and regulations hidden in the fine print. I think there should be a class action lawsuit against this company for misleading consumers into thinking there are no late fees but charging the full price of movies

• Ra
    RadO77 Feb 04, 2010

What has happened to Blockbuster? I, as a customer, am absolutely done with the company if the store I frequent is any indication of the companies attitude toward consumers who spend a great deal of money with them. Especially in this economy.

I have been renting movies at Blockbuster for almost 10 years. I would say on average I spend $100 - $200 per month on movie rentals, as I am not an active cable subscriber, and rely on movies as my primary source of at home digital entertainment. One of the primary reasons I have consistently used blockbuster, up until now, is their relaxed policy toward late fees.

I have always, and repeat, always enjoyed the "no late fees" program blockbuster has offered. I often rent 5-10 movies at a time and return them when I want another batch. This has worked perfectly well for me since the launch of the service. Even paying the restocking fees which bumped my average rental price above the competition, I was always happy to pay what I consider a premium for the ability to return a movie I will never watch again.

About 3 weeks ago I went to rent movies and upon checkout was presented a single movie case (12 rounds was the movie) and a lengthy receipt documenting a charge of one hundred and eighty dollars ($180) made to my card on file. I immediately questioned what the receipt was for and why on earth I would have a $180 dollar charge (on top of all the rental fees I have already paid). This being a Saturday night, there was a lengthy line forming behind me as the person helping me struggled through her system to figure out answers to my questions.

I was briefly told that my movies were "too late" and that I was charged for them. This didn't make any sense to me as I have never, and I repeat, never, had an issue like this. I finally, after 5 minutes of standing there and quite a few angry customer looks, told the lady helping me, that I would follow up at a later time to resolve the matter. I left the store with my rental dvd's and one additional unexpected DVD that I was told I bought. But for $180?

Two weeks go by, and I as a business owner, being very busy did not bother to follow up on the matter. Some simple misunderstanding, a mistake made in a system, it didn't matter. It was just $180. I return to this same store with my girlfriend to return these movies as well as rent a few more for a nice quite evening. That night, my girlfriend was checking out while I skimmed through a magazine that caught my eye. From a distance I could hear a store clerk explain to her that she owed $120 on her account for movies she failed to return in time. Keep in mind this is totally unrelated to my account and the movies I just returned. Of course, hearing this, I walked over to try to understand the situation and was told the policy is more than 10 days late and we purchase the movie with no exception (rather than 30 days in the past).

I politely asked for the contact information of the store manager, the clerk we were in front of, said she was the store manager. I asked her for a card so that her and I could discuss the matter at a later time. She declined to give me any information and instead told me to call the store the next day. I asked for the information of a district manager as well as if blockbuster was a franchise or corporately owned. I was told it was a franchise and that the only way to contact a district manager was through the store manager. She then highlighted a store phone number on our newly created receipt and wrote the name of someone who she referred to as the store manager (I guess she wasn't?).

I spend thousands of dollars a year legitamitly renting movies. Now I'm spending hundreds of dollars a month buying previously viewed movies for $20 a piece that I have never ever had to buy before. My rental habits have not changed. The store, the company, the policy has.

In addition to all of this, the initial $180 that was charged did not result in any movies being given to me (owned). On top of all this I do not believe there is a signed authorization on file for Blockbuster to charge the account they have on file.

I ask the consumers, what would you do? In this tough economy, with so many rental options, I would think any establishment would bend over backwards to ensure customer satisfaction.

Striker-NJ Feb 27, 2010

Another complaint left unheard. Good for you. Next time, refuse to give a cc to them. I've gotten away with that for 20 years until a recent encounterer with a 3 headed women so high over her position of renting movies. Like your self, i'm done with them until they open their eyes and listen to the people.

Striker-NJ Feb 27, 2010

I'm a bb member of almost 20 years. I've never had any issues with renting until the past 3 years. From the beginning, i never had a cc on file. I returned videos when they are due, and like everyone, may be late once in a blue moon and pay late fees on my next rental. Ever since about 3 years ago, they started asking me to add a cc on file, i refused and they let me rent anyway. Games as well as videos. Recently about a year ago, they required me to put a cc on file to rent Games. Well i refused and they said theres nothing that can be done. I said well, looks like my business is going elseware for games. I now rent games online. They lost my business renting games. Now just today, a hasty employee there rudely insulted me in front of all the customers. I was renting videos which i have been doing without a credit card, but this time, she said i can't rent to you without a credit card. She said its required by policy. I said i'm a member of 20 years and never had a problem and my records speaks for itself. I've been coming to this particular bb for 5 + years and don't feel comfortable having my cc on file for you to bill anytime you want, of course knowing exactly what you all already know about their policy She said, well then go rent somewhere else, nastly. We'll at this point i was furious called over a manager and he overrided it and let me go without a cc. However when the manager left, she came to me and said, next week don't bother to come back unless you have cc on file.

I"m like WTF. This put a very bad taste in my mouth and this is the main reason they are doing so poorly. 1.) I have no problem with them requiring a credit cards for new customers or members who have a history of lateness, but its one of those storys that stay, why should we all pay for another persons mistake. 2.) Their service is terrible, rude and have gotten down hill over the years. 3.) They will go out of business for sure, just a matter of time if they stay their course.

I'm a firm believer that people talk, and as such one persons feeling toward bb can go a long way with others. I'm sure there are others that know exactly what i'm talking about. If bb wants to survive they have to start listening to their customers, after all without us, they are nothing.

So my recommendation, switch while you can, unless you found a branch that treats you the way you shoudl be treated, fairly and justifyably. In my case, as long as that one 3 headed women is there, I won't be, PERIOD!.

mark123456789 Mar 14, 2010

The last 3 video games I've rented from Blockbuster were either scratched or damaged, and didn't work! They cost $9 too!

You get a video game for $9 and get to keep it for 5 days. If you don't return it they charge you a dollar for every day, and eventually charge your credit card until you return it. No more late fees, that's for damn sure.

Not only that, I also bought a used game there for cheap...which also didn't work after 10 minutes of playing. I had to go back and return everything that I got there the last 2 trips.

• Fl
    FloridaSavingMom Apr 09, 2010

I understand the new release being $5 for 5 days, that is the same as a redbox or blockbuster stand. BUT a very old movie? My children went with their father last night to rent two old children movies and it was $11!!! I could have bought them a new movie for that price. It is absolutely absurd. In this economy we don't have much to do with out children anymore and a movie night is easy to do. But not anymore! I would rather take them to a movie for that price. I was shocked. I have a netflix account already and just pop into the blockbuster store to rent for my children or when I need a movie fix. But not anymore. I QUIT blockbuster for good.

annie f Dec 24, 2010

I have try to go on line to enter for the 200 gife card would not let me go . I put the store # in and the 5 dig# and date and time

andre_one Jan 12, 2011

I was charged for a movie that I regularly returned.
    Of course it happened just after I unsubcribed Blockbuster (the reason was that the service was not efficient, compared to NetFix).
    I think this was a very bad behavior.

• zombieheadsarah Jan 14, 2011

Your ridiculous . Get a life. Let those people do their jobs without you acting crazy.

• zombieheadsarah Jan 14, 2011

bare with me on this...maybe its your gaming system that's defective. I'm just saying...

• Ha
    HappyGoLucky11 Jan 23, 2011

(letter to Blockbuster)

Good evening,
    My wife and I have been a loyal customer since opening account number XXXXXXXXXXX on 12/8/2017.Upon moving to Whiteland, IN in 2017, we have been renting from your recently closed, albeit local Blockbuster, formerly located Franklin, IN.

Tonight my wife's younger brother is spending the weekend at our house and decided to bring his Wii for my sons to play. I do not own a Wii, and only rent video games when he comes for a weekend visit.

He and I entered store number 18638 at approximately 7:15 and spend the next 30 minutes deciding upon 2 movies and 1 video game. My receipt reads that I rented Duchess (for my loving wife) at $2.99, Inception (we heard it was a good movie) at $3.99, but did not rent Spiderman (for my oldest son and brother in-law) priced at $6.99; though my receipt also reads we could have bought the game for $9.99 more, at a fair price of $16.98 plus all applicable taxes.

After giving employee 06687 our stack of entertainment, he scanned our Blockbuster card dated 7 years ago, and the chaos ensued.

After scanning all discs for rental purchase, he asked me if I would swipe my PNC Card on the key pad because he needs to validate my account. Perplexed, because this PNC card/account is several years old and our Blockbuster account/card is even older, I politely follow his command and swipe my card.

The keypad then asks for my billing zip code. Again, I follow command, and enter my 6 digit zip code, 46184. After proudly purchasing my new home, this has been my zip code for over a year. Allow me reiterate, I know my zip code, and am able to type in 6 digits correctly.

Employee number 06687 begins to ask his co-worker what to do next. He is instructed, then asks for my card, and attempts to input my card numbers manually into his computer. To no avail, the computer is not recognizing my card, and he is stumped as to what to do next.Hope enters the situation for a brief moment, as he leaves to seek the advice from the manager on duty, who I have later found to be named Dave.

Dave approaches the counter, and employee 06687 informs him of the details, then Dave requests that I duplicate the actions that got us to this exact moment. With a confused smile on my face, I follow his instructions and again without success, repeat the swiping of my card and entering my correct zip code process.

Again no luck. Dave realizes that I must not know my zip code and asks me if this is my billing zip code, and begins to relay a short story…about how a guy came in and had to type 5 zip codes in order to rent a game. I reply only with a blank stare, thinking to myself, “I haven’t even lived at 5 zip codes my entire life, and don’t wish to attempt refreshing my brain, retrieving all previous addresses in the last decade, like the gentleman you are referring to, in your unhelpful story.

After telling me this riveting tale, he informs me that he cannot rent me this game because he cannot validate my account. Though he can rent me the movies!? I don’t even know what this mean, “validate my account” Like I have been renting my movies and games “invalidated” for the last 7 years and Dave’s new purpose in life is to validate me. What a word you all have chosen, “validate”. You should have chosen phrases such as “judge personally” or “declare legitimate”

Because tonight, I left store number 18638 feeling like I had failed your judgment and been declared illegitimate by your manager and Company; and can only assume that those in line behind me, your employees behind the counter, were forced to arrive at the same conclusion.

And the conclusion these people, and your manager, and your Company came to was quite simple:

We do not trust you with this video game. We think you are going to steal it. You, Daniel, can only be trusted with these two movies. But certainly not this video game. Remember, according to our receipt, it could have been purchased for only $9.99 more. But we still don’t trust you with Spiderman the game, only with Duchess and Inception

I finally open my mouth, red faced, and plead my case. I have been renting from Blockbuster for years, have been using the same account for years, and don’t understand what is happening here. I look at my brother in-law with a face that says “do you even want to get the movies” and look back towards the counter.

To my utter surprise, Dave has disappeared like David Copperfield back into his cubby hole. The fact that they both have the same first name is sadly ironic. My wife calls to acquire his name, and he informs her this has happens quite frequently. So now I assume this is his song and dance…act like he wants to help, offer a pointless story, run back to his closet office.

I commend employee number 06687, because he actually apologized for the situation. During supper, my brother in-law commented on how much pride it takes to apologize for what someone else had done. In fact, employee 06687 was so friendly, I would promote him Dave’s job. Because if part of the job description for Blockbuster mangers is to apologize for not being able to validate long standing customers, employee 06687 would outshine Dave every time.

I read an article last month that said Blockbuster is one of the next companies to fail in 2017. When I first read those words, I thought it was not possible with customer like me. But after tonight, it is crystal clear to my why this prediction exists. I will be sending you my new Netflix Welcome Letter and original Blockbuster cards. Because guess what, Netflix had absolutely no problem validating and charging my card. In fact, they were eager to accept my business, and the process was hassle free.

I have come to my own conclusions. Either Dave is working for a Nexflix sleeper cell and his mission is to drive business away from Blockbuster; or due to the aforementioned validating process, Blockbuster is actually invested into the success of Netflix. Either way, you all have lost a long standing customer who has made it his mission to inform everyone of your new validation policies, while simultaneously promoting the ease and awesomeness of Netflix.

Sincerely,

Daniel

• My
    myluckyboy Feb 06, 2011

I used to like renting from blockbuster and thought it was convenient to drop it off late at night on the way home after they were closed. Well I complained once about the sewer back up in the store not getting fixed for months and then a couple of my returns never got credited. I called the manager and explained that I did return them on time but all he said they did not get them and would not reverse the charges. There is nothing to verify in their drop box that you return it. So after getting burned by an unscrupous manager, I now do my business at redbox where it says I returned it and can go home and an email will be in my inbox. (I even let my free coupons expire for fear of being charged for movies I return)

• To
    tonyyy Mar 04, 2011

I was at this store getting some movie posters that are used to promote up coming movies, most places give them away, well this employee tells me that he has to charge me $1.00 or $2.00 depending on the poster, so I say fine. I dont have a problem paying, but then he turns around and gives another customer (white gentleman) a free poster, what gives??? Am i not of the right color, i guess if you're white you get things for free and anybody else has to pay for it. I asked him why he did that and he didnt reply and looked chocked that I had called him out on it. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS STORE AGAIN!

• Do
    don't worry about it Mar 10, 2011

tottaly

• Sn
    snowboi2000 May 16, 2011

I am a very regular Blockbuster customer, and have never had an issue with returning my movies. If your movies are turned on the due date AFTER the store closes for the day, the movies are late. I asked about this once, and have never had an issue. It's not hard to return them on time, is it?

• Ra
    Rainy Starc-Horner Jul 02, 2011

Angry with Blockbuster& Dish Network :Since the Takeover by Dish Network, my Gift Cards are not accepted . This was bought with $, the cards are not a debt and my friend and I will never go to Blockbuster again.It is a a gift total of 30 dollars Multi Pack & a lot more for her.This is not good Customer Service . I see a class action suit by all giftcard holders . Just wrong on every level . Dish Network should be ashamed, too! Sincerely, Rainy Starc-Horner

• Kr
    Krudat Jan 22, 2012

Rented a movie from Blockbuster On Demand - kept buffering and getting video/sound out of sync - had to pause and restart to sync up. Then would rebuffer within two to three minutes. After giving up for the evening, went to watch rented movie again in morning and the 24-hour time period was shortened - rented at 8:00 pm and counter was saying I only had movie until 1:00 pm the next day. Was very disappointed with streaming performance and will not utilize Blockbuster On Demand again.

• Jb
    jbfirebird Jan 22, 2012

did you ever think that it could be your internet connection?

manger wont' rent movies - can't work computer system

I went today to rent a movie at store # 92457 at 2616 S. Voss, Houston TX 77057. I have rented several movie...

Resolved late fee

I have been renting videos and games from Blockbusters for years. Oddly, I have noticed they consistently tell me that I owe late fees. The last time that I rented a movie, I turned the movie in four hours before it was due. This evening, I went in to rent a game and sure enough, they told me that I owed a late fee! I asked what it was for and they told me that I rented "The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons" and it was due at 7:30 however it was checked in at 7:36." This was absurd and I refused to pay the late fee. They failed to check it in, yet charged me a late fee. I can only speculate this is how they are making there money. I will NEVER rent from Blockbuster again. Yes, it was only $5.00 late fee, however they were wrong and did not even attempt to resolve it. Beware of the time when you drop off your movie or you could be the next victim.

• Bo
    BOYCOTT BLOCKBUSTER Sep 25, 2009

Yes - same thing has happened to us. Blockbuster claims rentals were returned late - checked in later than the time they were returned. After it happened the first time, we were diligent about returning rentals ON TIME, AHEAD OF TIME, and specifically handing the video to the clerk to be checked in..Unfortunately, even that wasn't enough!!! They once again claimed a rental was returned later (12 hours late) and at a time when we KNOW we didn't go out to return it!

I think it's a scam they are pulling on random customers! We walked out after the second time and vowed never to rent from Blockbuster again! BE AWARE!

Resolved fraudulent company

I returned a video via the drop off box. I was then notified by the store that it had not been removed. I asked them to look for it on three different occasions. They claimed it was not in the store and they would charge my account for the full movie and restocking fee. My questions are why would they charge me full price for a used movie and then not take off the amount that I had paid to rent it. Why am I paying a restocking fee if they "don't have" the movie.

• So
    SomeoneWhoWorksAndBuys Mar 22, 2010

You're probably just confused. You pay the restocking fee if you return it late, not if it's never returned. That, or the employee's confused. Also, are you CERTAIN you didn't return it to the wrong store (like Hollywood Video?) or put it in the garbage or something? (I've seen both happen before, so it's not impossible.)