Dollar General / unethical behavior

1 Wright City, MO, United States

On 11/15/2016 I was shopping at the Dollar General located at 400 North Service Road Wright City, Mo as I preceded to check out the cashier said that he needed to search my purse i thought I misheard him and asked him what he had said as he grabs my purse and proceeds to search it. I am a costumer at this store almost daily and cant believe my fourth amendment rights were being violated for no reason. There are no signs stating that my personal belonging is going to be searched as I am paying or exiting the building. I proceeded to tell the cashier that he might want to ask for a raise if harassing and violating the costumers rights was now part of his job duties at the very least demand some gloves to put on who knows what you could come across in someones purse. I went and spoke to the manager and he seemed perfectly fine with the fact that what had just been done was illegal because they were told by the corporate office to do this. I guess I need know is what gives you the right to tell your employees to violate my rights? It is unfortunate but I don't see myself shopping there any time soon.`

Pa