Dollar General / rudeness

1 Frederick, MD, United States Review updated:

I have worked in the food and beverage service for 40 years. I have never seen such rude and nasty employees as at dollar General. They never greet you in any way or say your welcome. I watched as one female employee was so rude to a elderly gentleman, that I helped him. I will never shop at any of your stores again. You should have mystery shoppers go in or a CEO and evaluate your employees as do other stores. I think you would understand why you get so many angry customers! I may not spend enough to warrant an evaluation of my complaint but I don't see how you will stay in business. There are way to many places to shop and be appreciated. I hope you start to listen to your customers!!!

Comments

• Ju
      26th of Jun, 2009

I was there in the store about 8:23pm and they close at 9:00pm. Anyway that Im in a wheelchair and my legs hurt with severe rheumatiod arthritis. I purchased my item and then asked the cashier (management) about if she could help me with the door. She had no one else in the store but me. She hesitated and turned to me and said "please would be nice!" Wow I was so angry that I couldnt even say anything. Ive been in this wheelchair for a long time and never had I encounted such rudeness!

2nd of Jul, 2009

And you couldn't say "please" because...??????

• 0 Votes

You have a lot of nerve calling this cashier rude when you are rude yourself. You have no manners yourself as other posters have stated. A person with manners would say please. A person who is rude does not say please. She would not have been rude to you if you said please. Also what does being in a wheelchair have to do with your inablility to say please? You complain about her being rude when you were rude first. They have a word for people like that it is called hypicriatial.

11th of Feb, 2012

i just visited ur store #06384. when i arrived my greeting was i had 4 min 2 do my shopping. when i left there was no thank u or goodnight. teach ur employees courtesy or lose my business.

• Re
      15th of Apr, 2012

Dollar General on Ridge Road, Hobart Indiana- Who hires the employees? I frequent this store and find that the "newer" employees are very rude. As far as I'm concerned they will not be getting my business any further. I tend to stop there about once a week and spend about 25 to 35 dollars each time, but I will spend my money elsewhere from now on.