Dollar Generalrisk management

I am a store manager. I called in with an on going pain I attempted to correct with Advil or Aleve. Seeking medical attention for pain is not something I jump to because our job consist of walking, standing, lifting, etc for 50 to 60 hours a week. The pain was to the point I couldn't walk without limping. I called on Monday 8-21 and was told to take Advil or Aleve and if pain continued to seek medical attention. I already told her I was and would like my ankle looked at. The lady spoke as if I was annoying her and gave me the info on where to go. I let her know I would go that same day after work. Once there, no paperwork was received so the nurse at the desk called and was rudly told by a Michelle that it was being investigated. So while I sat in waiting room I called the same number and also spoke to a Michelle. Different one cause she said she had not spoken to anyone and was happy to send fax over so I could get treatment. A prescription was sent to the pharmacy and again, I was told I had to call Risk because the injury was being reviewed. That's fine...I was given the name Jennifer Jimison and her extension. I left a message Monday late afternoon and never received a return call. I called again Tuesday and received another voice mail. Today I called again and another rude lady gave me a different name, Tracy. I left a message for Tracy a little after 1...no return call at the time of this long message. I mentioned I was a store manager, if I treated my customers with the disregard I have been given...I would be fired. Maybe they have a heavy workload...they wouldn't make it as a store manager. Reminder, we are your customer, treat us with respect as we do you.

Su
Aug 23, 2017

Comments

• Mi
      Jan 17, 2018

hello my name is Michelle banks #[protected] and I fell in your store Oct 16 2017 and I talk to Tina Briley one time and she has not got back to me at all now I been going to the hospital pain of my head and back my doctor bills are adding up I'm trying not to get a lawyer and do the court thing but I see no other choice.my number is [protected]

• Ki
      Mar 28, 2019

@Michelle banks Hi Michelle. I am going through the same issue. Hospital bills got bigger and I am still having pain. I slipped and fell at a Dollar General in KC on 2/11/19. I too have only spoke with my claims representative (Suzanne Peet) back mid February. I have called numerous times and even left a message with Suzanne Peet's supervisor Loise Witherspoon. Still nothing! So like you, I wasn't trying to bring legal action either. As you said, there's no other options. No call backs, nothing!!! I even looked up the CEO/Chairman. Called the number and it's another extension to 1-800 #. Entered his name, wouldn't put me through. So Monday I have an appointment. They should be calling us and not vice versa. Good luck Michelle.

• Te
      Sep 17, 2019

I am having the same exact problem with Suzanne Pete she will not call me back we’re going on three months now she will not answer my phone calls I’m going to bed business bureau and I’m going to make a claim with the big Lawyer up in Boston so obviously this is what I have to do I can’t believe that I’m reading this then this is the way they handle their complaints this is unbelievable