Dollar General / non-payment for hours worked

North Arlington, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 201-991-2172

Monday, February 1, 2010

During the month of August 2009, I worked for Dollar General in North Arlington, NJ. In July they sponsored a Job Fair at their new location in North Arlington. On August 14, I began training with the Manager at that time, Pete Fox. On August 18, I actually began working at the North Arlington Location. On Tuesday, August 18, 2009, I worked from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM without a lunch break, a total of 6 Hours; on Wednesday, August 19 I worked from 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM with no meal break, a total of 4 hours, on Thursday, August 20 I worked from 6:00 AM – 11:00 AM again no meal break a total of 5 hours; Friday August 21, I was out sick. On Saturday, August 22, I worked from 4:00 AM – 9:00 AM without a meal break, a total of 5 hours. On Monday, August 24, I worked from 4:00 AM -11:00 AM without a meal break for a total of 7 hours On Tuesday, August 25, I was off. On Wednesday, August, 26 I again worked from 4:00 AM – 11:00 AM with no meal break for a total of 7 hours. It was on this day that I was told that they had hired too many sales people, and that I was one of those being let go. At that time I was told that I would receive two checks for the hours that I had worked, I asked if I could pick them up, and was told to stop in the following Friday to do just that. When I asked for my check I was told that it had been mailed to my home address. Since I was terminated from this establishment, there has been a change in the Management at this location. On Thursday, January 21, 2010, I telephoned the new manager Ron and made an inquiry about my missing check. At that time, he stated that he would have to investigate my claim. He took my Social Security Number and stated to me that he would be in contact with the previous manager Pete Fox, and that he would get back to me. It is now February 1, 2010, and, I have heard nothing from either the former manager, nor the current manager regarding my back pay. Since making these inquiries; I did receive my tax forms from their central office. This tax document shows that my earnings while with them to be $330.00. The only payment I actually received was an earlier check for $120.00. Thusly $330.00 - $120.00 = $210.00 that I am still owed as payment for the hours that I actually worked. I am tired of playing “telephone tag” with these people; the evidence is clear, by the very tax documents that “their” payroll department sent to me. This document unequivocally demonstrates that I am owed this compensation.
I would appreciate any assistance that you might provide to help resolve this matter.

Comments

• Li
      2nd of Feb, 2010

What did Corporate Office say when you called them?

Corporate Office

100 Mission Ridge

Goodlettsville, TN 37072

(615) 855-4000

Or NCDOL 1-800-NC-LABOR (625-2267) ?

• Ca
      3rd of Feb, 2010

Call the corporate office. Also you can ask to talk to the regional manager, where the store is located. I would also call labor relations in your state. Believe me Dollar General makes a lot of mistakes. I use to be a manager at one.