Dollar General / management

1 Nelson St. Newton NJ, United States Review updated:

My son worked at this store for almost two years. About three weeks ago he was asked to cover a shift on his day off. He had a Dr. appointment and other commitments, so was unable to cover. Since then the manager has given him nothing but grief. Gave him 10 hours on the schedule last week and this week only five hours. Today he had enough and quit. Just what they wanted him to do!!

Ma
Feb 12, 2019

Comments

• Be
      12th of Feb, 2019

If your son is old enough to work he is old enough to handle his own issues at work. He does not need to come crying to mommy to fight his battles. He should be embarrassed of that he cries to you when someone does him wrong. IT is a good thing he was only scheduled only five hours. Maybe the reason that they only give him 5 to 10 hours is because if he is given longer shifts he cries for mommy or wants mommy to do his work that he is paid to do for him.

• Su
      13th of Feb, 2019

How did he tell his boss he had a doctor appointment? Politely or, “I ain’t workin’ on my day off, man. Yous crazy if yous think imma gonna work.”

If he was a good employee, his hours wouldn’t have been cut.

• Fi
      13th of Feb, 2019

@SubSquirrel Where did it even state that the son informed the manager that he had an appointment. maybe he said something. Maybe he just did not show up. She never actually said that he told them he had an appointment. He probably told them politely if he did. Or he could have said what you said. Or he could have came in and said YOh Bro. I have a doctors appointment. Cannot work today. Later dude.

• Mr
      16th of Feb, 2019

@First Born Triplet Some bosses are SHI7 at common sense. I was nearing the end of my student teaching and graduating in a week when the ap asked me to come in after Christmas for something. I explained that my student teaching was over and I was graduating. He turned around and [censored]ed to my supervisor that I was not a team player.

I had no where to LIVE if I "team played" this! I had to leave the dorm, I was graduating!!

Some supervisors are m*o*r*o*n*s. Simple as that.