Dollar General / credit card not credited back for items returned & peekskill dollar general store closes 10 minutes early

1 Peekskill, NY, United States Review updated:

1st complaint: I returned two items back in May for a credit back to my MasterCard. Credit was never put back on my account after waiting for 2 billing cycles to go through so I went back to the store and complained showing them the two MasterCard statements and the receipts showing the credit. No apology, they gave me back the credit in money; O.K. but consumers beware if you return item(s) that were put on your credit card, check your monthly statements carefully for the credit to show back on your credit card. Keep ALL your receipts from Dollar General until you see the credit put back on your credit card. I believe this store is a Christian based company in Tennessee but it's their employees you have to watch. Two separate times I travelled over 10 miles to go the Dollar General for a item they sell called "Push-Pops" made by Nestle Company that none of my grocery stores carry. Dollar General in Peekskill is supposed to stay open everyday until 10 PM. Both times when I arrived at 9:50 PM the manager was already locking the door. I complained. I said I travelled over 10 miles to come here for the Push-Pops; "sorry was the reply, we're closing early tonight." Who should I complain to about this? It was apparently the manager who was closing early, who else would have keys to the store? Unfair to the consumer and someone over the Manager should be alerted to this.

Lo
Sep 23, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      24th of Sep, 2018

seems the managers do what they want
    not sure that any complaint would get dealt with

• Fe
      24th of Sep, 2018

This you need to take to corporate, if you were there at 9:50 and the manager was locking the door there is no reason for that, the should have let you shop. Emergencys happen and stores close early but 10 min is the manager being lazy. And the manager, assistant and manager on duty all have keys to the store.

24th of Sep, 2018

“But it’s the employees you have to watch?” Aren’t you just a fine Christian person? That’s very judgmental.