Dollar General / still suspended
Still suspended, no word or contact from anyone. I called erc as directed and specified that I had issues, concerns, and complaints with my dm about retaliation/discrimination and spent over an hour on the phone with the erc rep, who assured me that my report would get sent above him to a group that does the actual investigation and I would get a call from them within 48 hours. Called back today because I never got that call, and was told that the only thing that they do when an employee calls is email the dm and/or the rm. I informed the rep again that the issue was with the dm and I needed to speak with someone who actually would look out for the employee. (Not gonna happen) the rep suggested calling hirs, which I had done, they handle nothing of the sort. She then advised me she would forward the info to my rm, who I imagine will just call my dm, and the issues will go no furthur. She also said that my dm had until the end of business day on 6/29 to contact me in reguards to the suspension, to either let me know about the progress of the investigation on me, to bring me back, or to terminate me. I also called the alternative dispute hotline, who informed me that they couldn't do anything for me unless I was terminated. Also filed a complaint with the eeoc, who is doing a phone interview with me next week to "fact find" and see if I have a case. Today I spoke with the attourney that advised my husband, and he said again, that the "at will" statement that we all signed is basically protecting dollar general in every avenue. He also said to prove discrimination it has to be specifically against age, race, gender, or sexual harrassment.
I am so angry and frustrated that this company can continue to abuse its employees, and nothing is ever done to correct it! If anyone knows other people within the company or out, that I should contact, please let me know.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code 
- Dollar General - store hours 
- Dollar General - tired manager 
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price 
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it! 
- Dollar General - Assistant Manager
- Dollar General - manager & store #04517
- Dollar General - pregnancy tests and condoms 
- Dollar General - I am complaining about a worker violating my civil rights
- Dollar General - overall store