Dollar General / 70 yr. old having I d checked.

citrus springs, United States Review updated:

My wife today went to buy wine at the Dollar General in Citrus Springs Fl. and was asked for her I D. She is 70 years old. I could see if she was in her 20' s but 70 years old. She didn't want to go back out to her car so the man behind her thought it was so stupid. He showed his I D and she paid for it. How is that legal when the clerk knew it was for her? I told her she should have left and bought the wine down the street even if it cost more. Why bother going to a store where a customer gets harassed like this? Also there was some flannel shirts on sale. Last week they were buy 1 and get 1 free but today they said 20% off. My wife asked for the price but the clerk could care less about helping her. He was not busy. Just had 1 other customer in the store. What customer service. I think something needs to be done about the service and this clerk that could care less.

Jo
Nov 06, 2018

Comments

Nov 07, 2018
    Best Best Advice

Its corporate policy and also the law that employees must check IDs on every customer regardless of age before buying alcoholic beverages. If they don't they could get fired or go to jail.

• Cr

@Chris1977 Not true have gone to other dollar generals n they don't card u

• Cr
      May 09, 2019

Go to family Dollar across street they don't harass u like this store does.

• Bi
      May 09, 2019

It's the law in addition to a corporate policy. Just because another location or individual will cavalierly break the law doesn't mean that everyone will. Go somewhere else if you don't like it, pops.

Hope that helps!