Dish TV India / Persistent problem with Dish TV India

I am having persistent problems with the Dish TV at my home.

I had bought the DISH TV in Chennai from Sony World in Feb end and initially itself it took a week for the guys to come and install the Dish. Finally when it was installed and it has not yet been 3 months and I have had the Dish TV conking off twice with the "No Signal Found" problem.

The first time it got fixed in 5 days and this time around for the past one week, there has been no resolution. The service centre guys came once and promised to come the next day and have not yet turned up. Saturday, after a lot of coaxing and following up, a person showed in the night and said that the "Clamp" was gone and will come on Sunday and as expected he did not turn up!!

I am frustrated with the quality of customer service that DISH TV is providing and I must say that this is really appalling how they expect to be a great provider with such a poor servicing network. I used to think that SCV is not a good option but the way things are going, I think it makes more sense to be with SCV.

I have also lost 15 days in the free 6 month WC offer thanks to these problems in the DISH and I will be the one to pay for no fault of mine. I do not know whether DISH TV will take that into consideration but considering the experience, I am sure they WILL say that it is not possible to re-reimburse and it is my ill fate.

I would want to talk to a senior person who can help me out or better explain why this is happening in my case. I am not saying that you should resolve my issue in 24 hours, but I would like more pro-activeness and responsiveness - atleast a call a day saying that there was a major pressure and so we could not turn up. Services is a tricky industry and satisfying a customer is an art and am sad to say that DISH TV service guys are really novices at that. Hope that they improve as it will be good for them only and their future customers

As for me, I have decided that I will not recommend DISH TV to anyone asking me and will give them an offer to take mine if they really want the DISH TV

A  26th of May, 2008 by
my name is sunil solanki my dish tv vc no.is 01504177287 & my commplent no.is 13253467 date 17/05/ 2008 problam is non elinement my commplent not done tiil two day im going for commplent in trai{ TELECOM REGULATRY OF INDIA
]thanks for evry thing like you very carying me...sunil solanki...9818521521...add.155 A Top floor Vasant App.Vasant Vihar new delhi 110057...
A  5th of Nov, 2008 by
It has been over 3 weeks since I registered a complaint with DISHTV regarding my Set Top Box. And, I think the complaint has fallen on deaf ears because, there seems to be no action taken whatsoever till date.

A lady told me that she would ask the engineer to visit my home to check the problem. And, after that, till date I haven't received any call from DISHTV regarding it.

And, that is not all. The site (www.dishtv.in) returned a HTTP error when I tried to log my complaint. I later copied the E-Mail Id furnished in the site and took pains to mail them the complaint from my personal Mail Id.

This is not just poor service, it also shows how careless, nonchalant and ludicrous the whole of DISHTV's service is.

So, on the parameters "service", "support" and "feedback", I'd give DISH TV a 0.0 / 10.

My advice to people who are looking to opt for DISH TV, please, please, don't commit that mistake. You will regret it very deeply.

DishTV India Logo DishTV India