Dish Network / fraudulant claim insects in reciever

PA, United States Review updated:
WOW! We had a faulty reciever we put up with for months. We finally called Dish Network and were instructed to return the unit. We did so and a few weeks later a charge for a damaged reciever shows up on our account to the tune of $275.00!! When I called to ask what was damaged I was informed that there was a note on our account stating that the reciever was "infested with insects and was destroyed immediatly because it was a biohazard!" I asked the nice man "what kind of insects?"..."Did they take pictures?"...I have no idea was my answer, I can only read the note.. I then spoke to a "coach"...and was given the same line, was infested with insects and I can't tell you anything about what kind or answer any questions...I informed the man that I will fight this and will not pay these false charges, then imagine my surprise when I come online and do a search and find another complaint on this website exactly the same as mine!!! I can't believe any company would stoop so low as to do this, I'm horrified of "bugs" and just the thought of it has me nauseated and made me feel dirty...I'm madder then I've ever been and will not let this one go un-noticed!
T Herb
Ta

Comments

Ba
  13th of Nov, 2008
Good for you! Take the ### to small claims court!
He
  10th of Sep, 2009
The same thing just happened to us. After 5 years our DVR was acting up. So, decided to order a new one. They instructed us to send the old one back which I did. Then 2 months later I see we are being charged for a "damaged DVR". Thinking that maybe they did not receive the DVR and were charging us, I emailed them. They said that their technician noted that the damage was from animal fur! Funny because we don't even have any pets! I emailed them back and told them this and to send proof of animal fur in the DVR. Haven't heard back and it's been over a week. Just emailed them again. I had a feeling that we were not the only people this has happened to so I did a search and found this site. Did you end up paying them?

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com