Dish Network / $5 monthly fee because i do not have a telephone line connected to my television

United States Review updated:

Noticing a $5 charge on my bundled bill I called Dish Network to discover that if I did not have my television connected to a telephone line there would be a $5 charge

Connecting to a telephone line would enable me to order movies on line which I do not want to do. This seems to insure income for Dish Network lost because I do not want to order movies on line. Legal Theft?
Va

Comments

Ma
  9th of Apr, 2008
**** WARNING TO NEW DISH NETWORK CUSTOMERS *****
**** $5 fee monthly fee for not connecting to the phone line. ****
I am new to the Dish Network and am very disappointment when the $5 fee appear on my monthly bill for not connecting the receiver to my telephone line. Prior to getting the service from Dish Network, I had gone online to get the quote. The quote I got online did not show the $5 fee for not connecting to the phone line. The Dish Network is very deceptive. Why does the receiver has to be connected to the phone line and why do the customers have to pay $5 monthly fee for not connecting to the line? Are they uploading the channels I wathced to their site so they can sell this information to the advertising agencies or other agencies? When I asked them this question, they said no. Can someone confirm that they are actually not uploading the information?

If you plan to get the service from Dish Network, I advised you not to get it from them. Get it from their competitors. I am planning to cancel the service.

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com