Dish Network / overcharge

1 Brooksville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 352 573 1069

In April 0f 2008 I responded to an Internet ad. offering Satellite service for $19.95 per month. I realise for this I only get the basic service, so when I received a phone call from a Dish Network rep. I told him MY requirements which were BBC/America, FSC channel and the ESPN channels, I didn't care about anything else. I was given a quote of $39.95 per month, which after I asked him to confirm, accepted. I foolishly gave him my credit card number to cover a $1 initial charge and agreed to installation 3 days later. The ad. also said there would be free gifts etc. free installation up to 3 rooms (I have one TV) but I have NEVER been offered any of the free gifts.

When the first bill came I found the charge has been raised to $54.95 per month, plus they needed two months in advance which being on a very low fixed income caused considerable hardship to me.

I have sent numerous letters to Dish Network at Denver, (copies retained) have had a few phone calls from them where they insist the rep. made an error, and the last call was terminated when I declined a $10 reduction for 10 months because then the new price would be applied again.

Because of the frustrations they have caused I wrote to a local newspaper, the St. Petersburg Times. where they have an Action column which deal with unscrupulous complaints of this nature. I have written to them 3 times now but it appears even they are too hesitant about dealing with a company as large as Dish Network.

They should not be allowed to get away with it and if there is any group action taken against Dish, they do have my 100% support.

Comments

• Lo
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Back in July of this year 2008, I called Dish to order NFL season tickedt. The man at that time said O.K. I heard nothing from them or that they do not have NFL season ticket. The first week in September of this year I called and spoke with a girl, she said the season ticket didn't go through, so she said she would take care of it and charge $129.00. On Sunday September 7th I called to complain that we were not getting the NFL season tickets, that girl Jessica said that Dish does'nt have NFL season tickets, I asked that the two previous calls said Dish did. She said I purchased a pay per view event which shows college football. I told her I did not order that, and if Dish didn't have NFL season ticket why was'nt I told that. I would have never ordered college football, all the times I called I asked for NFL season ticket. I said fine please give my account a credit. She(Jessica) told me there are no refunds on pay per view events. I told her I didn't order a pay per view event, I ordered NFL season ticket. She said sorry no refund, I asked to speak to a supervisor she turned me over to David id#TW9, I told him the whole story and his response was the same no refunds on pay per view event, I told him I did not order pay per view event that I wanted NFL season ticket, he said we don't have that. I said then why didn't their employees tell me that instead of charging my account with $129.00. He had no answer. I told him what kind of idots do you have working there. I need this resolved immediately.
    't

• Do
      4th of Jan, 2013

I found Dish on the internet for $34.99 advertised price. When my first bill was posted on my account, it was $59.23. I have spoken to several "customer service agents" and none can tell my why they are running false advertisements, or why they cant get me the 434.99 price. They told me the first bill came out before our conversation, and could not be changed, but my future bills could be brought down to $35.99 a month. Still cant find the $34.99 advertised price!!! I think the BBB needs to look into Dish false ads.

• Ke
      4th of Jan, 2013

It's nearly 4 years later and I see Dish are still ripping people off. Subsequent to my posting of February 2009, Dish illegally debitted my account the sum of $395 .00 to cover the cost of their equipment...I 'd told them, if they want their stuff back, come and collect, after all their vans pass my house several times a week, I wasn't going to waste any more of my time on them. I contacted my bank, gave them the complete details, forwarded all copies of my correspndence to Dish, and within a few days had the $396.00 refunded. My advice to anyone with Dish problems is, DON'T give in, fight them.