Dish Network / overcharge
In April 0f 2008 I responded to an Internet ad. offering Satellite service for $19.95 per month. I realise for this I only get the basic service, so when I received a phone call from a Dish Network rep. I told him MY requirements which were BBC/America, FSC channel and the ESPN channels, I didn't care about anything else. I was given a quote of $39.95 per month, which after I asked him to confirm, accepted. I foolishly gave him my credit card number to cover a $1 initial charge and agreed to installation 3 days later. The ad. also said there would be free gifts etc. free installation up to 3 rooms (I have one TV) but I have NEVER been offered any of the free gifts.
When the first bill came I found the charge has been raised to $54.95 per month, plus they needed two months in advance which being on a very low fixed income caused considerable hardship to me.
I have sent numerous letters to Dish Network at Denver, (copies retained) have had a few phone calls from them where they insist the rep. made an error, and the last call was terminated when I declined a $10 reduction for 10 months because then the new price would be applied again.
Because of the frustrations they have caused I wrote to a local newspaper, the St. Petersburg Times. where they have an Action column which deal with unscrupulous complaints of this nature. I have written to them 3 times now but it appears even they are too hesitant about dealing with a company as large as Dish Network.
They should not be allowed to get away with it and if there is any group action taken against Dish, they do have my 100% support.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - confused workers poor cs
- Dish Network / Dish.com - suspend service while out of the country. 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dish reception 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - service cut off after promising it would not happen 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - charge for no service