Dish Network / incompetent

1 Bethlehem, GA, United States Review updated:

Nothing but problems since I got the service.
The installer complained the whole time he was here. He couldn't get it to work and took him over two hours to complete.
They billed me using the payment method I authorized for only the initial fees without my permission. When I complained the representative told me in no short order, well we got the money and we won't be refunding it. She also told me that if I cancelled my autopay they would increase my monthly rate and she refused to give me a corporate contact to complain. She stated there WAS no corporate office. She was one of the rudest people I have ever talked to.
Then the Fox thing happened. The entire time that went on, I was unable to host my game bashes and had to go to another party member's home to watch on Comcast. I requested a refund for the time I was unable to use. They refused to refund any money and in the same breath reminded me they could up my rates.
Recently I set up an arrangement to pay my past due amount and divide the balance in two payments. I was told it was set-up and not to worry. They ALWAYS say "not to worry". Well, I should have worried because they turned me off while I was out of town for Thanksgiving. I called and they refused to let me pay the arrangement. I called exactly 4 times. First time got a guy who said no, but he saw the notes for the arrangement and he had it all taken care of but a supervisor needed to finish it up so he would transfer. Hung up on me. Called back and got a girl. She said she saw nothing except that I had been told I had to pay by the 19th when the cut off day was. She, too, said she would get a supervisor. Hung up on me. Next call got another girl who listened to what I had to say, told me she was going to restore the service and it would be up in 15 minutes. I told her I wanted to hold while she did that. She said, no I can assure you it will be done. I asked if she was noting the account and she said she was. Asked her 3 times and she assured me the account was being noted. I hung up expecting what she said to be done. After nearly an hour service was not restored. Called back. Got a guy. He stated there was no documentation of any of my calls, only the original call where I was told to pay by 11/19 the regular cut off date. He refused to do anything except that he did transfer me to the so-called executive office when I requested a hard copy of my signed contract. The girl there made a big to do about being the executive office and listened to my story. Funny, she asked me what happened but didn't tell me there was not a danged thing she could do except send me the contract. I had already asked all four of the people I spoke to for the contract. According to Arlene Aguirre in the Executive Office at
[protected] x52128, all of the reps were supposed to have transferred me to her because she is the ONLY one who can send a copy.

DISH IS A NIGHTMARE! I really want out. The contract is a one sided montrosity. I don't even remember signing a peice of paper other then that pad thing that I thought was a work order. If they have a contract, why don't they give you a "contract" and explain what you are agreeing to? The shysters! They know the customer doesn't realize they are signing their rights away for two years.

I think we need a class action lawsuit against DISH for not making refunds for services that we bought and forcing the contracts when they were not keeping their part of the deal.

I literally hope that when everyone's contract runs out that DISH slides down into the sewer where they belong. DISH Network is a blight on the satellite/cable industry and needs to be wiped from the industry.

Comments

• Al
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I'm truly sorry that you had such a bad experience. Since we are dedicated to providing the lowest cost to our customers, there may be times we lose a channel when we are in a contract dispute with a network provider. We would be more than happy to help you with your account billing. If you are still having an issue you can email me at alicia.[protected]@dishnetwork.com.