Discover Bank / credit agency reporting
As of the end of January 2017, Discover has informed me that they submitted a 1099C on my debt to them from 2012.
I have authorized Discover to communicate with the three credit bureau agencies. The agencies reported back that two of the three were denied communication regarding my account.
I then requested a letter stating that I owe no money to Discover. They provided me with a letter stating the account balance of $1200+. This is the amount they have reported to the IRS as a loss on the 1099C. If they have charged off the debt, I no longer owe the debt. Therefore, there should be no problem issuing the letter stating I owe $0.
My husband and I have made several attempts to contact Discover, leaving messages for several people with a small percentage of returned calls.
We will be reporting this situation to the
More Discover Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Discover Card - dispute of charges 
- Discover Card - scam and cheating 
- Discover Card - lower payment plan scam 
- Discover Card - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection 
- Discover Card - usurious increase in apr by discover card 
- Discover Bank - online saving
- Discover Bank - unethical dispute process
- Discover Credit Cards - terrible experience 
- Discover Card - fraud
- Discover - balance transfer