DirecTV / customer service

1 United States

Believe everything you hear and read about how insultingly horrible DirecTV's service is since AT&T took over.

We notified DirecTV three weeks before our move, and they sent us a confirmation email of our appointment from 8am to Noon today.

At ten minutes after Noon I started calling -- I made multiple calls and spoke to over a dozen different Customer Service Reps. Every time I was shuffled to a different one, I had to start all over and tell them my name, address, phone number, etc.

I called over and over until about 5:30pm, and was told multiple lies. First, at ten minutes after noon, I was guaranteed that someone would show up today to do the installation.

As the day wore on and no one bothered to show up here or call me, I kept calling and getting different excuses. I was even told that they didn't have my new address in their system, even though they sent it to me in their confirmation email of my appointment weeks ago.

Finally, I demanded to speak to a supervisor. Someone claiming to be one would not tell me when or why my appointment was "put on hold, " and why no one called, texted, or emailed me to let me know that had happened, so I just sat here waiting and calling all day.

Then I was told that no one would be able to come here to hook up my DirecTV service in our new home until three days from now.

Totally unacceptable. Worst customer service ever. Stay far away from DirecTV, unless you want to be a victim of theirs, too.

Ss