Direct Tv / blew up my tv

OR, United States Review updated:

I subscribed to directv on around june 15, 2010, and before I even got my first bill, this company's faulty equipment fried my 55" lcd tv. Then their "damage claims" processor required me to get an estimate from some no name cable repair man, who wrote me a quote for over $700. Because I followed directv's instructions, and allowed this guy to touch my tv, it voided my manufacturer's warranty, and they still haven't reembursed me for the repairs, stating that they are not at fault. The tech that came to my home couldn't get the box to even power on, yet in their diagnostics center, the box tested fine. They love to change their stories!! I have retained an attorney, and have been reassured that I can sue for the two months that I had to pay for the service and couldnt use it, in addition to a reasonable charge assessed to me for 7 hours of time I spent on my cell phone with them, payment for the time I spent on the phone with them and for the costs of repair... All times 3 in my state. And to top it off, my attorney has also added in more for the stress they put on my pregnancy, when yvette martinez from damage claims called me at work screaming at me for having not called her before I sent a fax to customer care reguarding her poor attitude. I honestly think that if enough angery people sue this company, we can drive them out of business!!!

Comments

• 58
      Nov 07, 2010

ok, you're gonna sue

want a cookie?

• Sh
      Nov 07, 2010

This is not good news because I'm about to get DIrectv on 11/23/10. I have no choice. No one is worse than DISH NETWORK! DISH NETWORK IS BY FAR THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL SCAM ARTISTS IN THE BUSINESS. COMCAST IS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS WITH THEIR PRICES AND TAKING AWAY CHANNELS FROM YOU WHILE THEY GO UP. I GUESS CONSUMERS ARE LEFT TO PICK FROM THE LESSER OF THE EVILS!!!

• Br
      Jul 26, 2011

My tv blew up from direct tv. this is the seocond time. The only port that ever blows is the one that the direct tv is attached to and the repair tec. Said that this is a common problem with direct tv. He services both Vizio and Samsung tvs and he said they both equally have problems.

• Un
      Jul 26, 2011

This is the biggest joke I have read today. Trying to get something out of Direct TV for a old TV that should still be showing B&W.
    Those people aren't dumb, they've been around the block a time or two. It's not the first time they've seen someone try to hornswoggle them. I've never heard of such a thing. Get a life, buy a NEW TV, and subscribe to Dish. Maybe that'll cool your pipes. LOL