Direct TV / automatic renew of nfl package
Directtv's policy of automatically renewing the nfl sunday package, even to customers, who never requested the service in the first place is misleading & fraudulent. For the past three years, I have called to say that I do not want the service after noticing it on my bill, and every year it has been automatically added anyway. I have been billed more than $250/season. The money is nonrefundable once the season begins, even if you are calling to say you never requested it.
They do not consider your calls enough to take your household off the "don not want" list.
If you are a customer who had the nfl package automatically added and were forced to call, yell and get it cancelled. The company still counts you as a household who ordered the service that year and you are automatically "renewed" the following year.
Why should I have to scrutinize my bill to look for additional services that I didn't add in the first place? And then, if I don't notice the nfl season begins, the fees are not refundable.
The "renewal notice" on the bill is not enough to warn customers of this deceit. The burden should be on the company and the customer who wants the service to call to renew and add the service, not the customers who never request the service in the first place. Is there a class action lawsuit here? I want to join.
Directtv knows this practice is misleading, as even the customer service guy I got on the phone told me "we have been getting a lot of complaints about this. "
Please help me to change this practice for millions of other hardworking americans who are tired of corporations ripping us off!
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service 
- DirecTV - directv satellite dish tv 
- DirecTV - recording over content