Direct TV / charges for services after cancellation

1 KY, United States

We have been directv customers for over 7 years. We changed to dish recently due because directv changed their programming lineup and raised prices. When I cancelled, I had a credit of $55.60 — - a negative balance. All of a sudden I get an e-mail saying my account is past due and that I owe $102.16. It seems I have been charged for movies from 2006 that were scanned from my returned receiver. That makes no sense as we had to call to order the movies. We were always billed right away. The rest of the amount makes no sense either as I had a credit balance when services were cancelled. I called directv, and no one could give me a copy of the updated bill showing a balance due. I was told it wasn't past due, just due even though the e-mail said past due. I have two statements I received since cancellation that show a negative balance of $55.60. Never have I received one that shows any balance since cancellation. The explanations for the charges made no sense at all. Somehow, I went from a negative balance to owing for a few movies and two months worth of service. All after cancelling services. Never again will I go back to directv !!