Direct TV / beware of directv

1 PO Box 6550Greenwood Village, CO, United States Review updated:

I upgraded my standard service to HD in April. The tech came to install it and it was working fine. He told us when the leaves came out on the trees we would probably have to cut a tree down to improve our reception. The leaves came out and we lost HD, so we cut the tree down with not improvement. I called directv and they sent another tech out. He told us that we would never be able to receive HD because our land was too wooded and that we'd probably have to cut down another 6-8 large oaks to maybe ger reception. Of course we were not willing to do that and quite upset that we'd cut a tree down in the first place. When I called directv I was offered no resolution and was told that their policy did not allow for refunds once installation was complete and that they could send me another receiver but it would extend my contract even further. Needless to say I could not believe they would offer such a ridiculous solution. So now I'm in a 2 yr contract and out $214.00 dollars for a HD receiver that does not receive HD and service for a month that half worked. The only thing they were able to do after many phone calls and several long waits on hold was to remove the HD channels and not charge me anymore for them. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told that she was busy and would call me back in 2 hrs. That was 2 weeks ago. I was also told that they did not have a number for the cooperate office. Beware of Directv!! As for me I have contacted the local tv stations, the BBB, and every blog I can find to warn other people about the fraudulant practices of directv.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      22nd of Jul, 2008

We find ourselves in a similar situation. I would advise anyone whose Directv service is failing to ask them FIRST which remedies result in in contract extensions. Our current signal loss was diagnosed as a DVR problem and DirecTV sent out a replacement along with a letter stating that our contract had been extended by 24 months! In other words, the worse their equipment performs, the longer you'll be suffering with it. You guessed it--the new DVR doesn' t get a signal either. We've cut back our service to a minimum and when the cancellation fee amount is reached ($480.00), we're gone.