Direct TV / customer retention sucks

1 United States

Im a long time direct tv customer. never had any real issues with them before. something has changed. Today I received a bill that was $60 higher than normal. problem is a promotion ended. this is not abnormal, but what happens next is. I called direct asking for a new promotion. I got nothing for you Im told. I threatened to cancel like i always do, I was sent to the loyalty dept...loyalty dept says..."I got nothing for you, would you like me to cancel the service now". I was shocked. I told them I'd think about it an call back. I called back 3x, got the same answer every time, we don;t want, or need you, would you like to cancel. I called their bluff. I scheduled dishnet service to be installed, and then called back to have my service terminate that same day...to my surprise, they did nothing, they processed the cancellation. Again, Im shocked. I fully expect Direct/Att will lose a substantial portion of their customer base over the coming years. I am actually routing for their demise now. I won't be switching back to direct until they get their [censored] together.

Ro