Direct TV / cancellation of free 3-month package

United States Review updated:

I contracted Direct TV with my local company Centurylink as part of the triple bundle advertised for $109.99. From day one, there has been a problem with the service, from the installation to the billing and the charges. CenturyLink sends you to Direct TV and then they do the bouncing game. Two days before the supposed free day package was to expire, I called Century Link to cancel, they told me that I needed to speak to Direct TV. I then called Direct TV, they activated a new receiver that I got and then the guy on the phone told me that they cancelled the premium channel package. A couple of months later, I noticed that our bill was once again unusually high, called and Century Link advised me that they were charging me $45 for the premium package. I was transferred to Direct TV, spoke to a Supervisor and they told me that they would cancel it. Today, my service was interrupted and I called to find out why, guess what? They never did. Conveniently, they dont have a record of me cancelling, although they do have that I got my receiver reactivated on that day. So now they are telling me that they are not crediting me what they have been charging for the last 7 months, even though we never used it. This is their scam, they conveniently do not cancel it and then they have you on the hook. Noone wants to budge, but they are quick to tell you that you cannot cancel because of the two-year agreement. Direct TV's customer service lacks big time!

Ab

Comments

• Ce
      25th of Apr, 2012

Hello abrang, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I'm sorry to hear you had this experience with us and DirecTV. If you still need assistance with your DirecTV billing, you can e-mail me at [protected]@CenturyLink.com, and I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks,