Direct TV / unable to install - charged early cancelation fee
I signed up for DirecTV in January 2008. Had an unplanned corporate relocation that took me to another state. Called DirecTV and paid the $50 to transfer and install the service at my new house. The tech arrived and after assessing the property for about 30 minutes, I was told there is "no line-of sight" and the dish could not be mounted.
Called DirecTV and asked them what my options were. They said I could cancel the service, but would be charged an early cancellation fee of $440. The rep said she would submit this fee to the billing dispute department on my behalf.
A month later, I have a bill for $440. I again called DirecTV and was told by the incompetent rep that it was a "valid charge". I was again told by an even more incompetent supervisor that it was a "valid charge". I asked this supervisor how they could possibly charge me for disconnecting a service they COULD NOT INSTALL. Of course, they did not have an answer and referred me to the billing dispute department - the same department that deemed the inability of providing service not a resaon to cancel. I guess they expect me to keep paying the monthly fee, even though they can't provide service.
I find this absolutely amazing. Now I have to submit yet another dispute.
Is it just me or are they insane?
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service 
- DirecTV - directv satellite dish tv