Direct TV / cancellation
I opened my account in February of 2002. At that time I contracted for your service, installation and three receiver boxes. On 6/07/07, I paid $21.15 for a replacement receiver unit since the one that I had originally been issued no longer worked. I finally activated the receiver box earlier this year. At the time that I ordered the new receiver box, I was not told that I would be extending my contract in any way. Later, when I activated the receiver box, I was not told that this would in any way affect my contract status.
When I canceled the service, I was instructed to return the receiver box and sent two boxes back in the carton provided.
My May Verizon bill contained a charge of $330.01 for an early cancellation fee. I do not intend to pay this charge and will take this matter to small claims court, if necessary. I intend to contact our local media and make them aware of this billing scam.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - satellite tv 
- DirecTV - signed up for directv satellite account without my authorization 
- DirecTV - directv 
- DirecTV - Billing 
- DirecTV - The tv service