Direct TV / beware - installer thefts!

Beware of the contractors directtv sends to install your systems! They do not work for direct! They are not bonded!!

My family recently had directtv installed in our our. We were quoted by bellsouth that there would be no extra charges to have two dvr's and four receivers installed in our home. The installers (Contract laborers from out of the state) arrived at our home at 4:45 pm to begin the installation. The installers walked into our home and immediately began spouting extra charges that were to be paid to them.. Not directtv.

Our home is very large so it was difficult to monitor two installers at one time.

When they left our home my dell axim pda was "missing"!! I had bought this pda 6 months ago!

I called the contracting service that directtv sends to customers homes regarding the theft. They were totally unconcerned! Their reply to me was... Collect it on your "homeowners insurance"!!!

This incident happened in metairie, louisiana!! 2007

Comments

• Bo
      24th of Sep, 2008

Direct tv contractors go through extensive criminal background checks and drug screening and they make really good money. I'm a contractor for direct tv and I make $1500 to $2000 weekly. They wouldn't risk losing that kind of income for a pda. Give me a break. He probably left it at the hotel room where he was cheating on you and blamed it on the contractor to save his ###.

15th of Jan, 2009

I recently had a similar experience and totaly agree with Elizabeth. The only difference was that these two guys/ installers stole my i-pod and proceeded to make inappropriate passes at my 20 year old daughter who was trying to keep an eye on them and do her schoolwork.
    Direct TV supervisors were totaly insensitive and have failed to rfeturn my calls or respond to the letter i sent to the direct tv CEO.
    Maybe we should all get together and put a class action law suit against this company!
    Sandra

• To
      20th of Feb, 2013

had a direct tv independent contractor come in and do an install and 2 days later I had to have a direct tv employee come and fix the mess this Ind cont made...later I found I was missing a $5000.00 Rolex watch, NO one goes into my room and I have THOUSANDS of dollars worth of Jewelery (women's) that was not touched. I made the police report and talked to DTV and they said they would investigate...that was 6 months ago...had to call a number of times and nothing to this day! I told them I only want the watch back and they told me to go through homeowners insurance today! ...DTV sucks and when contract is up I am never dealing with them again...