Direct TV / Threatened by installer/liars/cheats!

United States Review updated:
Direct Tv was supposed to come out on a Sunday to install my system between 8-12. I took 1/2 day off from work (I am a server) so that I could be there during the installation. I called them at 1:00 to find out what was going on, and they said that it was never assigned to the route that they would get someone out by 5pm, so I called out of work again for the 2nd 1/2 of my shift. They called me back at 4pm and told me they could not find anyone to come out there. I was livid, so I told them to forget it. Then the field supervisor called me and told me he could be out there by 5:30. I explained to him he would not be able to see because it would be too dark. It then started to rain. he called me back to tell me he would not be able to make it because it was raining. He told me he would come out a few days later after 5:30 when I got home. I said ok. He then called me at work to tell me he was in the area, this was at 12:00 it was now or never. He told me it should only take 20 to 30 minutes because i gave him permission to start without me installing the dish outside. So I took my lunch and went home for them to install it. it took 2 hrs. they ripped all the wires out from the cable company and said we could not use those wires because they did not have any voltage. Direct TV told me installation was included. he tried to charge me $75 for the install. Then he threatened to put a lien on my house and come and rip out all of the wires from the house if i didn't pay him. I called direct tv and they told me he was trying to scam me. After hrs of everyone calling me it comes to find out it was considered a custom job and i would've had to pay for it. so on Christmas eve i lost my signal so i called them and we tried to troubleshoot together. So they made an appointment for someone to come out 4 days later. 4 days without TV? I don't think so. So i climbed onto the roof and noticed that when the dish was installed, he did not secure the antennae to the dish so the wind blew out the antennae. I called them back and told them all they need to do is put a screw in it. They told me that someone had to be there. After 1/2 an hour of arguing with them i finally gave in and told me wife she had to take 1/2 day off to be there. When they came they proceeded to give my wife a lesson on how to use the remote control, but didn't put the screw in like we asked them to. The antennae fell out 2 more time before they got there. Needless to say this all happened within the first 3 weeks of me getting this. I called to try to cancel it and they told me NO! How can I get out of this situation. Plz advise smb!

Comments

Dn
  28th of Sep, 2008
This is so funny, our installation day was for today, and we had about the similar situation. We were called about 30 minutes from the timeframe the scheduled the installation. It was on a Sunday between 12-4pm, got called from somebody we do not really know if it was the real people, saying that the order was never assigned to a technician that all techs. We ended up cancelling, but it was a crazy trying to cancelling and we kept getting calls about rescheduling installation, ...what is this????who is lying?? the techs who are supposed to be installing the satellite, or their customer service are trying to sign up people to get their easy quick commision!

DirecTV Logo DirecTV