Direct TV / protection plan

I recieved an offer in the mail to sign up with Direct tv sattelite service, seeing that it would save me some money I called the number on the flyer. I payed them upfront and was told a tec. would be out to install within 24 hours. 24 hours later I called them and was told that no one could have told me that because it takes longer than that to get a tec. out. Now I was getting a little upset because I called the other company I had and had my cable turned off thinking that the other would be on. So 2 weeks later the tec. shows up! 2 weeks of NO TV with my daughter home just having surgery!! Then I started having problems with the reception due to the sattelite being put in the wrong spot But I thought I was ok because I paid an extra $67 dollars when I signed up for a protection plan. BUT NO I was told that wasnt covered because people would want it moved because of the way it looked! I told the man its not my fault the tec. installed it wrong but they didnt care and wanted another $100. I told them forget it I would hire someone myself so I could watch tv within the next 2 weeks! In October I had more problems so I called to ask for a tec. to come fix it and they said ok 24 hours LOL I should have known better!! One month latter I hired someone AGAIN to have it fixed!! So beware when you order DIRECT TV go straight to them! They couldnt help me because I had used a (i guess )sub-contractor for Direct tv. So do not order from the number _[protected]_ they are nothing but liers !!! I am still waiting for a refund for the protection plan that I payed them for !! SO ORDER ONLY DIRECTLY FROM DIRECT TV

Au

Comments

• Br
      26th of Jan, 2008

I think you have come accross one of the very few bad sub contractor companys.. I am a Sub Contractor for Direct TV and when I install everything works.. I also back my work with a 6 month guarentee that everything will work as it should.. If any problems should arise the customer calls me and I get there within 24 hours to fix any problems.. I know what it is like to have no TV.. When the cable goes down it goes to the top of my priority to get it back up and running asap.. I would only charge in the case that the reason why it's not working is cause of the homeowner... I give the 6 month warranty incase if it's installed in the winter to make sure there is still a signal in the Spring and Summer. You should try calling Direct TV and telling them about the crooked company you have come accross.. Most of the installations of Direct Tv are done by Sub Contractors.. It saves them money and Headachs.

• Mr
      24th of Sep, 2009

I recently signed up with Direct TV for their satellite service. I am paying a monthly fee to rent each receiver. I got in the mail today a confirmation for an additional $5.99 per month for a protection plan. When I called for an explanation, I was told that if anything happened beyond the first 90 days that they would not be responsible for repair or replacement of any of their equipment. What kind of a company is this that charges a monthly fee for equipment rental, but won't stand behind their equipment. Very disappointed.