Direct TV / cancellation fee is $460!!!
Direct TV is awful company! I started having service from Aug15 and decide to cancel on Aug/27. There are several reasons to cancel.
1) Bill amount
Sales representative told me over phone that the bill is ~$45/month for 1st year because of discount, but they charged me $79.63!!. When I saw my bill, I figured it out those discount will be done by rebate program that I've never been explained.
2) Poor service and quality
a) They don't have enough international channel
b) Recording system(program, capacity etc) is no good at all
So I decided to cancel Direct TV and switch to Net Dish.
At the end, Direct TV guys told me they will charge $460 cancellation fee because I signed the 2 Yrs contract (I didn't know that at all). They also told me that I could cancel within 24 hours (!) after instollation, then they wouldn't charge me. How can we cancel within 24 hours to know if service are good or bad???
I can definitely say that NetDish is much much better than Direct TV that I had before.
If you know any tip to avoid paying cancellation fee, please please let me know.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - early terminatin fee
- DirecTV - genie replacement
- Direct TV - customer retention sucks
- DirecTV - customer service
- DirecTV - cancelled upgrade appointment and didn't notify us.