Direct TV / slow to credit their mistaken charge

I canceled the service on 5/26/09 to switch to AT&T UVerse that has the capability to record 4 shows at a time and with one DVR you can watch recorded shows on any TV in your house. At that time we had prepaid through 6/15/09 and we therefore were due a credit of $68.31. On 6/19/09 Direct TV mistakenly charged us an additional $371.69 as a cancellation fee. When I called to complain on 6/22/09, the customer service representative said she would credit our account for $440.00 and said it would take 5-7 business days to process. We finally received a statement from Direct TV dated 7/17/09 that we have a credit balance of $440.00. The trouble is that it has not been credited on our VISA card. On 7/24/09 I talked to Joseph (wouldn't give his last name) and he refused to expedite our VISA credit even though it was their mistake. He said it would take 8 weeks to credit our VISA account. I have filed a dispute of the charge with VISA.

Comments

• Rh
      13th of Oct, 2014

Had a similar thing happen to me. They are out for money and don't care what it does. The early cancellation fee is a farce because that is basically there way of saying you have to do whatever for 2 years if not you have to pay all the bogus charges on top of the cancellation fee Would never recommend dish to anyone for this reason.