Direct TV / defective equipment / poor service

HD Satellite went out early Sunday evening. Non of our 3 TVs worked. Called for service on Monday morning and were advised that the earliest a tech would be availible to repair or replace the defective equipment would be the following Thursday. Called later to complain about the lack of immediate attention given, was advised that the new earliest schedule wouldn't be until Friday afternoon. We will cancel our contract. Direct TV Service sucks!

Comments

• Jj
      1st of Jul, 2013

My ONLY directv dvr box in the living room went out on Friday. I have the equipment plan to replace equipment. I called right away on Friday and reported the problem. The rep told me that it would take 3 days to receive a new on. Needless to say, he didn't mention that they don't include Saturday or Sundays! So, Friday, no DVR, Saturday no DVR, Sunday no DVR, Monday no DVR. Of course it's the Fourth of July coming up on Thursday. I called the reps again to see about a ship date...nothing, just a lot of canned responses! "Oh I am so sorry to hear that" "Oh I apologize" etc etc... Supervisor Lucy rep# 418192 was rude and shouldn't be a supervisor because she really doesn't show any compassion for the company or the customers. We will be leaving Directv, and will NOT refer them to anyone. Brighthouse here we come. Thank GOD! We NEVER had a problem with them EVER! Never lost service, or had problems with the equipment. I also will contact the BBB in response to the negative actions on the account right away as well.