Direct TV / liars and thieves

I got direct tv in my apartment in november, 2006. I had it before I moved and I brought my boxes including my dvr to my new address. I had paid $400 for my dvr box. When it was not working, direct tv replaced it but made me send my old one back.In november, 2007 I tried to get an hd satellite, since I own an hd tv. I knew that new service would extend my contract to 2 years from that date. When the worker came, he said the satellite would not fit on my patio. I returned whatever equopment direct tv had supplied and asked that my contract go back to the november, 2008 expiration as they could not give me the service.

In november, 2008 I decided to get at&t uverse. When I called direct tv and cancelled, they said that I was un der contract until november, 20098 because of the hd service which I never got. I explained it to about 15 people who did not want to listen. Then I emailed direct tv. On december 7th, they emailed me back saying they would waive the fee as it was not correct. They asked for both boxes. I, like an idiot, esent them both thinking just forget about it. They can have the boxes and we'll be finished.

They did not waive the charges. Now they are back to saying I owe them the money which I do not. They have threatened to charge it directly to my card on file! They made a promise to waive it. One person saw it correctly. I have never heard of a big business that does not honor what their representatives say. I do not owe the money. I never got the service. Actually, I feel like they owe me $400 for the box that was not rightfully theirs.

I want to sue them for all this aggravation and time. I am the sole support of my family and it has been a very rough year. I've been in the hospital and my nerves are frazzled. I am always one pay check away from being thrown in the street. Direct tv lies and robs us blind. I insist that this $130 is not due. I waited to have hd service until the original contract was up. Since I never changed the service, I never extended the contract.

I am in tears from them and came close to losing my job when they would not fix their error. How can they do this after they send me an email which includes the service reresentative's name and id that this charge would be waived.

Don't be fooled. Get dish network, cable or uverse. Do not get direct tv or you will pay for it with your happiness, and with big bucks! I had them for 5 years but they don't care. This is christmas and they are worse than the grinch!!!

Am

Comments

• Jp
      18th of Feb, 2009

I HAVE HAD THE SAME TYPE OF PROBLEM WITH THOSE ###S, AND I WOULD LIKE NOTHING MORE THAN TO SUE THEM

J.PAGE