Direct TV / false / misleading information
I was offered a special package/rate deal due to being a "loyal customer" (5 years) and the fact that direct tv was discontinuing the total choice plus package that I currently have in a few months. I was told since I was a "loyal customer", I could get the sports package and all movie channels for $10 dollars extra for the next 4 months. After which, I would have to call and cancel if I didn't want to continue with it.
Three days after receiving this new deal, my bill went from $70.96 to $162. I was told that my bill included a $49.95 charge from having a defective receiver changed out by a tech (Wasn't informed about the fee by the service dept) , but that still doesn't explain why i'm now paying $41.00 dollars more. I tried to cancel the deal, but they claim i'm under contract for 4 months and another 18 months due to the new received that i'm leasing from them... What a crock!.
I really hate the way they leave out the details or completely omit them while their locking you into these deals.
Consumer beware. This is the first time in 5 years of doing business with them that i've had an issue, but the way this started and the way it's being handled is totally unethical and unprofessional.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - early terminatin fee
- DirecTV - genie replacement
- Direct TV - customer retention sucks
- DirecTV - customer service
- DirecTV - cancelled upgrade appointment and didn't notify us.