Direct TV / unlawful telephone harassment

Is there anyone who has NOT been harassed by this company's telephone thugs?

Apparently, the US District Attorney for the Southern District of California found enough of us to take this lawbreaking company to court, and he got a consent judgment (they DO know what they do) for FIVE MILLION DOLLARS.

They have stopped harassing me since that judgment, but now DISH is doing the same type harassment from some call center in Canada.

I have put them on notice that they next time they harass me I will obtain criminal telephone harassment warrants locally, and will also notify the US District Attorney.

Haven't heard from them since. Word somehow got to them of the DirecTV fine.

Comments

• Je
      16th of Nov, 2012

I am a senior citizen receiving harassing phone calls from DirecTV for over a year on my cell phone and land-line. They have called me twice this week on cell phone and hangup when I answer phone and go to my voice mail stating I have an account with them. I have never called or had ANY contact with DirecTV and do not have, or ever had, an account with them. They call me at 9pm at night and wake me up with this calling. I have filed a "Do not call" report twice and for some reason they still call me, what can possibly be their objective? I have had the same cable service for 7 years at my current address. I also filed a report with the FCC communications for these harassing calls with no results. How do I get them to stop calling? This must be illegal. I have nine telephone numbers recorded on my cell phone block feature and they still get through with another telephone number, I just do not understand what they want from me, this certainly is beyond a telemarketer call. Is there anything else I can do about this problem?