Direct TV / over charge

United States Review updated:
4.3
Last year attempted to move my residential service to my business. During installation notified me that he can not complete the installation and would need to set up a bussiness account, which we did.
Shortly there after started receiving two bills at the same location, after three months, hours of phone conversations and hundreds of dallors later had the service disconnected as Direct TV could not resolve the issue.

Two months after service was disconnected still receiving two bills at the same location with no service and all equipment returned finally resolved with Direct Tv all fees and charges waived.

Now eight months later with no communication from Direct TV I am receiving mail and threating phone calls at my business from not one but two seperate collection companies. Any help
Wi

Comments

Su
  3rd of Mar, 2010
I was sent a flyer from direct tv, saying(please come back to us)Lock in your price for one year.Pick your package.WE chose the CHOICE EXTRA package, $34.99 for 12 months.After 12 months the price would go to reg price of $57.99 for 6months more for a total of 18 months which the contract called for. We have had two price increases in the first 10 months already.When we call and ask them about there flyer that says LOCK IN YOUR PRICE FOR ONE YEAR we are told if we dont like it than cancel.We know if we cancel we will be billed 3 or 4 hundred dollars. I still have the flyer but don't know where to go from here???
Lo
  25th of Jul, 2010
Send the following letter to Direct TV...

Direct TV
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone

DATE

Re: Account/Reference No: Your account number

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to your notice sent to me dated _________. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed. This is a request for validation made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

To comply with the FDCPA, you MUST provide me with ALL of the following:

Identify the original creditor;
What the money you say I owe is for;
Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
Provide me with copies of any documents that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account;
Show me that your company is licensed to collect in the state of Nevada;
Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent;

If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in this Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate the information and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported any invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action constitutes fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:

Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act;
Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act;
Defamation of Character;

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will consult with my legal counsel for suit. This includes listing any information to a credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there is no provided proof that it is.

If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices or agents to my home, mobile phone or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls or facsimiles and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, I will considered this as harassment and I will not hesitate to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by certified mail.

It would be advisable that you assure that your records are in order before I am forced to file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Consumer Protection Agencies and/or take legal action.

This is an attempt to correct your records; any information obtained shall be used for that purpose only.

Best Regards,