Direct TV / early termination fee and dvr problems!
Tried Directv thinking I could get a better deal. Read the fine print, 4 free months of everything (as long as NFL Sunday Ticket is purchased. OK...That was my fault, but when the DVR started messing up over and over I got tired of having to reset everything and miss scheduled recordings. After many phone calls and e-mails I was told that I could get a new DVR, but I would have to sign up for a new 2 year term. OK, anything to solve all the problems. Technician came out and installed a new DVR. More DVR problems which I wrote down each time it happened. Kept calling and e-mailing but problems kept coming. I canceled service shortly after getting a new DVR and Directv sent me a last bill zero dollars due, but as promised by the company $288 was charged to my credit card. If there would have been few or no problems, I would have kept their service.
To people signing up for service, I would suggest using another provider.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - billing/refund
- DirecTV - tv service
- DirecTV - early terminatin fee
- DirecTV - genie replacement
- Direct TV - customer retention sucks